One Spot available in Conference USA in Tark Topic

Last year we went from 5 humans to a full conference, and we have assembled a great group of coaches. We only lost one, and the team that is available is Rice. It did have a human recruiting for it last season, so you can build on that person's progress. Check out our Coaches Conference Board. It is very active, if you enjoy the camaraderie. We were #8 in Conference RPI this year and look to improve on that this year. Come join us!

3/7/2013 7:18 PM
hmm... i may look into that.  I'm entering year 3 @ appy state and i'm in a conference by myself.  On one hand, i'd like to play there for 4 seasons just to see my initial recruiting class play as seniors to see if i'm on the right path recruiting wise but on the other hand its kinda lonely.. those sim ai coaches are too snobby and won't talk back to me :)  if it were marshall that were available and i was eligible for it then i wouldn't even think twice (i live about 15 mins from campus and its my alma mater).  Just took a 2nd look @ rice and its a fb/fcp team and i've never ran either of those schemes so i'd either have to learn how to recruit for that or change the O/D right off the bat and suffer through some miserable seasons :)
3/8/2013 12:45 AM (edited)
I do want to join a full mid-major conference at some point but Rice was just too kuch of a drop off.
3/8/2013 9:05 AM
One good thing is that in spite of the fact that they were 5-22 last year, about half of the teams in the conference are under new coaches within the last year, so you won't be jumping into a situation where you are way below the other teams. Personally too, I like the challenge and the satisfaction of building a crappy team into a powerhouse.
3/8/2013 10:27 AM
bump... and pick up Rice someone. It would be nice to see CUSA turn into a powerhouse conference.
3/8/2013 1:08 PM
We have one opening as of right now - Houston, with a B prestige. A new coach would be taking over a top team in the conference. Also, the coach of SMU is moving on, so we will have an opening soon for a C- prestige team, as soon as he is accepted in his new job. This is also a solid team.

4/8/2013 1:44 PM
I'm strongly considering applying to Houston. I'm gonna decide later tonight.
4/8/2013 2:56 PM
That would be awesome! The coaches are committed to building upo the conference, and you could really hit the ground running with that program.

4/8/2013 4:51 PM
@slicknick777 I hope your decision has been made and you will be coaching the Cougars next season! We could use you in CUSA! 
4/8/2013 11:58 PM
Slicknick777 has joined us - another great coach.  We now have only SMU open. It has a C- prestige, so it should be easy to qualify for. It's had a human coach for a while, so it is a program that someone can take over and hit the ground running. This conference is going to be very good this year, as several of the teams will be entering their 3rd year. I hope one of you will join us!

4/9/2013 11:06 AM
SMU is now open.  There are five open scholarships for this team, so there is a great opportunity for a new coach to grab some players to their own liking.  The remaining players are solid.  Four returning post players, two SFs, one of which will be a RS FR this season and is a project player.  The holes are in the backcourt, but the right person can get those holes filled!  Good luck to CUSA!
4/9/2013 11:14 AM
We've got ten great coaches, Reisscards, and one opening... stop on by, people!  There are tons of recruits in the DFW metro area each year, and a good coach at SMU would help bring them to the conference.

After years of one-bid status, we've built our way up, and we put half of the conference into the postseason this year.  Let's keep it up!
4/9/2013 11:53 AM
SMU is still available. Our goal is to build Conference USA into a powerhouse that can compete with the Big 6 conferences. For information about the team, see Ardthomp's post just above this one. He was the former coach.
4/10/2013 7:55 AM
Right now, SMU is ranked #6 in the conference with a team rating of 676.  A good coach could turn it into a top contender. 
4/10/2013 11:33 AM
Ignore the troll, ladies and gentlemen.
4/10/2013 12:21 PM
12 Next ▸
One Spot available in Conference USA in Tark Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.