OT: props to rand paul Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
+1, he did a good job.
3/8/2013 7:17 AM
I agree we'd have less filibusters if they actually had to stand up and do it. 65 year old white guys with poor bladders might think twice.
3/8/2013 5:02 PM
Waste of time.

You have to be a fool to think the President, (no matter who, or what party) would kill its own citizen(s) not engaged in combat on American soil.

3/8/2013 5:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Rand Paul is one of the very few elected officials in DC that is actually working for the people first (Congressman Amash seems to be another). The media's darlings red/blue/, dem/repub mine as well wear corporate sponsorship emblazoned suits like a NASCAR driver since their loyalty is clearly not in line with mine or most their constituents.

3/8/2013 7:42 PM
Posted by fatchance on 3/8/2013 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Rand Paul is one of the very few elected officials in DC that is actually working for the people first (Congressman Amash seems to be another). The media's darlings red/blue/, dem/repub mine as well wear corporate sponsorship emblazoned suits like a NASCAR driver since their loyalty is clearly not in line with mine or most their constituents.

agreed, most of them serve themselves first, their support network (sponsors + party) second, and the people third (if were lucky). kind of makes one wonder why we'd change things to let corporations give unlimited funds (oh yeah - i guess i should refer to sentence #1).
3/8/2013 8:04 PM
As a resident of Kentucky, I can honestly say that I think Rand Paul is no different than any other elected official.  Just like everyone else, he's looking after HIS own interests first, then maybe, just maybe the average Joe Citizen's best interests.  Ultimately, there is no difference between officials from either party, they're all after the same things:  money and power, they just take different routes to get there.  And every one of them, every last one, is thinking not of what they can do to help their constituency, but how they can get themselves re-elected.  Period.  And you're naive as hell if you think they aren't.  They don't care about the common folk, they only care about lining their OWN pockets.  If they really cared, how come you don't see them volunteering to miss a paycheck?  They'll be the LAST government workers that miss a payday due to this furlough, you can believe that.  Crooks, every last one of them.
3/8/2013 11:49 PM
Maybe Rand Paul hasn't volunteered to miss a paycheck.  I don't know. But I do know this, he has returned $1,100,000 in savings from his senate seat's budget to the US Treasury over the last two years. I hadn't seen that before. That has me thinking he's different from your typical politician - in the good way.
3/9/2013 12:38 AM
Maybe he's the one in a million.  But I doubt it.
3/9/2013 12:52 AM
Posted by spike101 on 3/9/2013 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Maybe Rand Paul hasn't volunteered to miss a paycheck.  I don't know. But I do know this, he has returned $1,100,000 in savings from his senate seat's budget to the US Treasury over the last two years. I hadn't seen that before. That has me thinking he's different from your typical politician - in the good way.
You haven't seen it because other senators don't go "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" when they do it. Spent a minute searching and saw Richard Shelby has given at least $1.2 million a year back for the previous three years, and he did it without a news conference and photo ops.
3/9/2013 2:22 AM
As a Kentuckian, I cringed with Paul was elected. I expected him to be horrible but I've been pleasantly surprised.  However, his every action is transparantly influenced by one goal....his desire to be President.  He's very calculating and  shrewd

At the Senate hearings with Hillary Clinton, he told her, "If I were President....I would've relieved you of your job."   I almost threw up. Those hearings weren't about HIM or the kind of President he'd be. 

Save it for the campaign trail, Senator!
3/9/2013 6:47 AM (edited)
I hate mixing politics with my fake basketball.
3/9/2013 6:14 AM
You have to put everything in context and perspective. Eric Holder sent Rand Paul a letter saying the U.S. has never carried out a drone strike against one of its citizens on American soil, and calls a situation where such a strike may occur "entirely hypothetical" and "unlikely to occur."

Holder is the Attorney General if anyone should be clear, it should be him. He would not rule out a strike on an American citizen. That is entirely out of order.

Holder would not give Americans a clear response, so Paul took the debate to the Senate floor in the form of a filibuster. He won the debate. Holder conceded. Holder now states, "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?  The answer to that question is no."

Win for American citizens. If you stand up to a bully when you are right, he will concede under the correct circumstances.

3/9/2013 9:20 AM
RAND PAUL IS A SELF-PROMOTING GASBAG
3/9/2013 9:39 AM
12 Next ▸
OT: props to rand paul Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.