No players with hyphenated last names... Topic

That would be kinda cool, double last names are getting pretty popular. Also names like LaMarcus and DeSean and LaceDarius...ok maybe not LaceDarius...
3/24/2013 10:16 PM
I think we should all be able to name ONE recruit, we don't know what sport he'll go to, or what world, or how good they'll be. But, we name them (has to be SOMEWHAT realistic) and then they're released into the wild.
3/25/2013 7:13 AM
I have a PG with a hyphenated name. Everytime I read the PBP, I call him a S-O-B
3/25/2013 8:16 AM
I've mentioned before how there are no names with an added syllable at the front (like LaMarcus and DeSean, etc.).

Since the names are generated randomly and so are the players (as far as I can tell, anyway), then that should make for some hilarious names when you look at the guy's profile picture.

I'm kind of glad those names aren't in the game because they are ridiculous in my opinion anyway (I'm all for naming your kid something original, just make sure it IS original and not just an existing name with an extra syllable randomly thrown onto the front of it).

3/25/2013 9:05 AM
If you recruit two players with the same last name and same first initial they will allow you to change one of them.
3/25/2013 12:32 PM
Really? I'm tempted to try it just to get to do that.

Hmmm...I think one player's name would then become something like Jack Mehoff or Hugh Jasshol just for kicks and giggles. (Yes, I know it's immature and foolish, but given the chance to change a players name I think I couldn't pass it up).

3/25/2013 1:09 PM
I'm with you, bistiza. The first thing I thought of was naming one Heywood Jablomi... Again, I know it's immature, but I can't help it sometimes.
3/25/2013 7:17 PM
When I was in D1, I had a guy that should have had a hyphen but didn't...Lutalo Abdulmateen
3/25/2013 7:34 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/25/2013 9:05:00 AM (view original):
I've mentioned before how there are no names with an added syllable at the front (like LaMarcus and DeSean, etc.).

Since the names are generated randomly and so are the players (as far as I can tell, anyway), then that should make for some hilarious names when you look at the guy's profile picture.

I'm kind of glad those names aren't in the game because they are ridiculous in my opinion anyway (I'm all for naming your kid something original, just make sure it IS original and not just an existing name with an extra syllable randomly thrown onto the front of it).

so you'd rather name your kid Drywall Bistiza than LaceDarius Bistiza?
3/25/2013 9:17 PM
YYeah I'd name him Drywall over LaceDarius. At least it has originality going for it, whereas LaceDarius just sounds like you didn't have the brains to come up with an original name so you added a syllable in front of an existing one and half ***ed it.
3/26/2013 8:30 AM

It's been a long time but when I did that they didn't let me choose the name.  Nonetheless they showed some sense of humor with it.  I had two guys surnamed Allen and they changed Carlos Allen to Carlos Santana.

3/26/2013 3:07 PM
Well, piper, it's all in "the game of love."

3/26/2013 3:27 PM
When he refused to take a redshirt after repeated attempts, I wrote in the team thread I used to do that he was super (natural) stubborn.

HEY-O!
3/30/2013 5:53 PM
Posted by uwrjl93 on 3/25/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
If you recruit two players with the same last name and same first initial they will allow you to change one of them.
HD Picks the name though in this case. I had two players I recruited the same year at Presbyterian. One was Bradley Cooper, and the other was Bradley Campbell. It was hard for me to tell them apart, even though the last name was different. They were still so similar. WIS changed Bradley Campbell to Bradley Pitt, which was pretty cool.

3/30/2013 9:40 PM

They used the last name I requested (which happens to be my last name).  Maybe they were just being nice that day.  I wanted to change the first name as well, but they didn't let me do that.

3/31/2013 11:37 AM
12 Next ▸
No players with hyphenated last names... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.