Knight's # of recruits Topic

I'm going to send a ticket.  This is BS...
3/26/2013 6:57 PM
I get a huge advantage for scouting all 50 states?  Not really fair, but I'll take it

3/26/2013 6:58 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/26/2013 6:57:00 PM (view original):
I hope the ellipses mean you're kidding...
3/26/2013 7:01 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 3/26/2013 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 3/26/2013 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/26/2013 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 3/26/2013 1:01:00 AM (view original):
cbg, I don't doubt you when you say that CS made more recruits, but isn't that solution sort of unfair? I know that if I have carryover money from the prior season I like to FSS my state and the nearby ones that I can afford ASAP to start planning next season's recruiting. If they come along and add more recruits to a state I've already scouted isn't that giving me an advantage over someone who scouts (and pays per recruit) later?
Now I'm wondering about this.  I didn't pay for FSS yet, am I just hosed relative to anyone who did?
Yeah, I think you just got boned.  I'm now regretting not grabbing another state or two at the discounted price.
its a pretty insignificant bonage, i think, but it definitely could make some difference in lower divisions
Sure, no biggie at D1.  Sometimes every dollar counts at D2/D3, but you knew that.
3/26/2013 7:24 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/26/2013 6:57:00 PM (view original):
if seble generated 10% more recruits, and one d3 spent 2k scouting while another had not scouted yet, thats 200 bucks. not nothing, but not worth getting upset about, i think
3/26/2013 9:25 PM
Well right, you can't have your cake and eat it too...if you were ******** about the lack of recruits and asked them to increase them via tickets or whatever, then you should have been smart enough to buy FSS before they did it...if not, then you're asking/expecting WIS to cater to you TWICE, to which my response is GFY
3/26/2013 9:27 PM
Well, except that one could not reasonably expect that recruits would be added to the pool.  Are you really going to argue that WIS is super-responsive to user requests for tinkering?
3/26/2013 9:52 PM
I never requested more recruits, I think it's absolutely preposterous that they would arbitrarily add recruits this late.  Frankly, this kind of irresponsible kneejerk action on the part of administration makes me tempted to stop playing the game...  I consider this horrible handling of the situation if they really did nothing to compensate.
3/27/2013 12:12 AM
fwiw, I too wish they would have left it the way it was
3/27/2013 12:32 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/27/2013 12:12:00 AM (view original):
I never requested more recruits, I think it's absolutely preposterous that they would arbitrarily add recruits this late.  Frankly, this kind of irresponsible kneejerk action on the part of administration makes me tempted to stop playing the game...  I consider this horrible handling of the situation if they really did nothing to compensate.
I agree. At least before we all had the same, level playing field. 

I had already done my scouting and was unavailable the rest of the day, including needing my wife to send my 6 pm phone calls out for me. I had to scrape together time to give a cursory glance at the new recruits at least to add some to my pool. I'm still sure I missed a lot of them, putting me at a disadvantage over those who scouted later - of course I did save $650 on FSS (FWIW that's most of the southeast - there were over 100 new recruits just in my 8 states. The $650 is including the 20% discount) - and I agree that money is not terribly significant, even at D 2, but it might be to someone at D 3.

I'm also not sure if I missed any potential new pull downs because the rankings all changed. I found a few guys that I had color coded as pulldowns ended up on my D 2 list (I found this once I got home tonight to check recruiting and read my 6 pm responses).

I realize none of this is earth shattering, and in the end maybe it won't matter. If I get a good class who cares after all... but I would have preferred not to scramble and just fight over the scraps available and take a couple walkons and try again next season, like everyone else would have had to.
3/27/2013 12:43 AM
Allen recruiting is coming up soon, will we have recruits added arbitrarily?  We had abnormally low #'s last season and it sucked so bad I had 2 WOs.

How about fixing the problem at its root (recruit generation) not slapping on a stop-gap?

3/27/2013 1:29 AM
So you absolutely know for a fact he didn't receive allot of tickets about too few recruits, do you?
3/27/2013 7:21 AM
I have been playing for a number of season and this was the first time I have seen them add recruits. It shouldn't need to happen but at least WIS addressed something. Everyone on here complains that they don't care but they do respond to tickets and they did take action in this case.
3/27/2013 7:32 AM
But it's an action that puts coaches on a non-level playing field.  That's not a good action.  Not at all.  Even if they had found a way to compensate FSS I would be somewhat unhappy since I intentionally avoid recruiting in this season since I know it's a down season.  They're bailing out people that haven't put in the time to study the recruiting cycles.
3/27/2013 3:04 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/27/2013 3:04:00 PM (view original):
But it's an action that puts coaches on a non-level playing field.  That's not a good action.  Not at all.  Even if they had found a way to compensate FSS I would be somewhat unhappy since I intentionally avoid recruiting in this season since I know it's a down season.  They're bailing out people that haven't put in the time to study the recruiting cycles.
unless a glitch caused the fewer recruits and therefore screws over every coach with a lot of openings....
3/27/2013 4:08 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Knight's # of recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.