Who would you redshirt next year? Topic

Here is my team:

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12345

Two freshman I have, Peter Laird(SG) and Marvin Wyatt(C) both came in with WE in the high 20's.  I started both of them and got their work ethics to mid 30s.  Looks like Laird is high-high in PE and Speed  and Wyatt is high-high in defense, low-post, and maybe rebounding.  Who do you think I should redshirt or should I redshirt neither and start them again to be sure they will max out by seniors?  Thanks
4/4/2013 12:28 AM
Probably should have asked this before the season started because its a lot harder to get a soph to accept a RS. Could be that even if you want to RS one of them they both reject it.
4/4/2013 3:38 AM
I thought about redshirting them, but I wanted to get them starts as early as possible, oh well.
4/4/2013 12:39 PM
If you redshirt sophmores do you know if their Work Ethic goes down?
4/4/2013 12:52 PM
Posted by peperton22 on 4/4/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):
If you redshirt sophmores do you know if their Work Ethic goes down?
It depends on whether they accept the RS or not. If they accept it no but the odds of them accepting are much lower than if they were freshman.
4/4/2013 1:38 PM
I've actually recruited two freshmen with the specific intent of red-shirting them both--one as a freshman, one as a sophomore. If you clear all this with them during recruiting there normally will be no problems. This can be particularly effective with complementary players, guys whose strengths and weaknesses balance each other out--pair of guards, pair of bigs, pair of SFs--use your imagination.
4/5/2013 2:06 PM
How exactly do you clear it with a guy that you plan to redshirt him NEXT year (i.e. his sophomore season)?
4/5/2013 2:26 PM
Who would you redshirt next year? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.