My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Posted by dshook30 on 4/16/2013 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Ok I have the answer from WIS. Unbelievable.

They have confirmed that this IS the same user. He has two teams in the same state just 230 miles apart. His first six recruits were taken from my considered by list. 3 for one team and 3 for the other. However, incredibly they tell me that there is no conclusive evidence he targeted me.

They also said that they don't believe I was targeted since that usually involves bad blood but that does not appear to be the case. They theorize that it's a new user experimenting with recruiting. Here's the issues I have:

1. If a guy uses two teams to take away one teams recruits, how can this be allowed
2. Dual coaching in the same world is supposedly only allowed if the teams are 1000 miles or more apart. This is clearly not the case for new users
3. This person may not have bad blood for me but they could have easily just picked a team with a high prestige and a history of success and waited for them to get players and simply picked them off.
4. If not and they were just "experimenting" I'm the lab rat and my team loses one recruiting class
5. Not to mention the effing money it takes to play here.

In conclusion, the customer with more than five years of paying money gets screwed. IF they make this guy give up one of his teams next season, I am still without the players that were to be on my team. And I believe that since it is obviously going to be allowed to stand, this will be a tool used by savvy and slimy players who either want to get ahead can target their main rival, screw them out of a recruiting class, and thus effecting their success. Or, they can simply target someone they don't like and just terrorize their recruiting.

So I have asked for a refund. They allowed a user to violate the rules and my team pays the price. I am waiting to hear back on that request. I am not holding my breath even though I know it's the LEAST they can do.

They SHOULD make this guy give up one team RIGHT NOW, put those recruits back on my considered by list and hopefully they would still sign with me. And I should get a refund for the trouble. Again, not holding my breath.

I am not sure how you could ever defense this. This could happen to anyone at anytime in any world. I was simply "the experiment" this time.

Late to the party - but I can't say I'm shocked by this. Typical WIS response.
4/17/2013 2:52 PM
They fixed it zhawks...run along...
4/17/2013 2:55 PM
I'm so glad this has been resolved to dshook's satisfaction.

I agree that Free HD is the main problem.  A few years back, when treble was in charge, they had a Free HB promotion. I counted 61 teams that had "new" coaches and didn't recruit a single player.

The next season, when Free  HD was dropped, I only counted 3 such teams.
4/17/2013 2:59 PM
If they do freehd in the future, it should be in some kind of beta world.
4/17/2013 3:17 PM
There are actually only 6 or 7 unique people that play HD.  The rest are all aliases.
4/17/2013 3:36 PM
Posted by jack_duck on 4/17/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
There are actually only 6 or 7 unique people that play HD.  The rest are all aliases.
This is true, but highly guarded. In the interest of full disclosure I will now reveal my other past and present "alts":

NAME               CHAMPIONSHIPS     SEASONS
Oldresorter                    33                         554
lostmyth2                       24                         177       (Retired)
Rails                                 16                         152
Aejones                         16                         194
kelby_03                         13                         176
lwbraun                          12                         152
4/17/2013 3:53 PM
Posted by jack_duck on 4/17/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
i like it :)
4/17/2013 4:00 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/17/2013 3:17:00 PM (view original):
If they do freehd in the future, it should be in some kind of beta world.
They are doing freehd right now...that's why this happened.
4/17/2013 4:51 PM
FXHD13 was the code.  Not sure if it's till working, but they put it up in ads during the tournament.
4/17/2013 4:55 PM
"FREEHD in my opinion is probably the biggest issue of all. I think EVERY veteran has created a ghost team with FREEHD to experiment with something. They'd be lying if they said they haven't. "

Call me a liar then because I have never created a ghost team. In fact, I have never had a FREEHD team. 
4/17/2013 5:46 PM
Yeah, its been around for years. I used it as fxhd10, 11, 12 and 13. I found it googling whatifsports promo codes. They have some others listed like pac12Rules, but none other worked.
4/17/2013 6:01 PM
You probably wouldn't be able to use it with an acct that has an HD season played on it already...it's meant for brand new users.
4/17/2013 6:30 PM
Posted by paland on 4/17/2013 5:46:00 PM (view original):
"FREEHD in my opinion is probably the biggest issue of all. I think EVERY veteran has created a ghost team with FREEHD to experiment with something. They'd be lying if they said they haven't. "

Call me a liar then because I have never created a ghost team. In fact, I have never had a FREEHD team. 
Me neither.  Never even considered it. 
4/17/2013 6:35 PM
I'm a little late here, but it looks like CS verified that these 2 coaches were from the same ip address.  Did they do anything to check to see if that ip address was connected to any other users in that world?
4/17/2013 8:01 PM
I didn't ask. They seem to think though that its a new guy. I certainly thought at first it was someone out to get me but I think if it was a new guy he just picked me because I am an a+. Could have been anyone.
4/17/2013 10:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.