Multiple teams in one world Topic

I'm all for being able to have a D1, D2, and D3 in each world, probably would have to make FSS free, but who cares.

If someone wants to cheat, they're going to cheat and most likely, they're going to get away with it.  The abuse of FREEHD seems to be the biggest problem here...I trust the vets who have multiple teams in one world currently, and even if they were cheating according to the rules, who cares?  Please understand that there are so many other logical solutions than to put (further) restrictions on users with multiple accounts
4/18/2013 11:58 PM
I think OR suggested that they should line FSS up with your division.

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI dropdowns
D3 = D3 and D2 dropdowns

Not only would this actually be more effective in preventing FSS abuse than trashing user ids, but it isn't accompanied by any of the collateral damage.

It's the biggest no-brainer I've seen here in a long while.

4/19/2013 12:11 AM
Posted by girt25 on 4/19/2013 12:11:00 AM (view original):

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI dropdowns
D3 = D3 and D2 dropdowns

Not only would this actually be more effective in preventing FSS abuse than trashing user ids, but it isn't accompanied by any of the collateral damage.

+1, good idea.
4/19/2013 12:12 AM
Agreed.  Seems simple.  And for those who say they coach D1 and take a D2 to fill a spot....get bent. Get the crappiest D1 guy and move on. 
4/19/2013 12:28 AM
If this made FSS a little less expensive for D2 and D3 schools that would be an added bonus.  I hate paying for all the excess recruits out of my reach.

The only downside - may reveal drop downs before they drop down....  perhaps there can be some way to have minor overlap so that not everyone you see on your list will drop down.  My gut tells me that this would not be easy to do from a programming stand point though.
4/19/2013 8:44 AM
Agreed.

Brian, on your last point, maybe some guys are real reaches, and require ridiculous amounts of effort, as opposed to being impossible to pull/drop down? And this can be indicated in calls/responses.      

4/19/2013 9:03 AM
to the extent that identifying drop downs is an issue - which it might be - one could modify the proposal to be

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI
D3 = D3 and D2

This would mean that a D1 team could not be used to help a D3 team and vice versa.  There could be D2-D1 cross help.  Is there a meaningful issue today with D2-D1 cross help?
4/19/2013 9:17 AM
I would imagine there's very little issue to helping UP, except with FREEHD, and I don't think those guys can use FSS.
4/19/2013 9:19 AM
Posted by mamxet on 4/19/2013 9:17:00 AM (view original):
to the extent that identifying drop downs is an issue - which it might be - one could modify the proposal to be

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI
D3 = D3 and D2

This would mean that a D1 team could not be used to help a D3 team and vice versa.  There could be D2-D1 cross help.  Is there a meaningful issue today with D2-D1 cross help?
I think it's a tiny issue -- certainly not worth blowing up a system and angering people over. Not even close.
4/19/2013 12:10 PM
Having seen the number of views and posts on this topic, it's clear that many people have opinions and care about this game.  However, in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?  I mean after all, it's just a game.  To be honest, the game itself is becoming somewhat stale and boring.  What keeps me here is the friendships I've made.  I've seen fellow conference mates, experience loss of jobs, get married, have kids and generally experience life.  I'm here because I like the people I "compete" against.  The fact that someone may or may not use an additional ID to take advantage of FSS, while silly and sad, really doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game all that much.  And anyone that bent on winning a "championship" really has bigger issues anyway.

If pushed, I'll give up my multiple world teams.  But it's just one more step toward me deciding to do something else with my funds.  For the record, I don't use one ID to view FSS for my other team and on the few occasions when I wanted to scout the same state, I purchased the state for both schools because I consider both schools to be independent.

4/19/2013 12:57 PM

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI dropdowns
D3 = D3 and D2 dropdowns

I would make one change to your suggestion: all players that could potentially be pulled down need to be shown as well.  If you only include drop downs in FSS data after they happen you are making pulldowns a much more difficult thing to do and limiting one of the key current recruiting strategies utilized at D2 and D3.
4/19/2013 1:13 PM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 4/19/2013 1:13:00 PM (view original):

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI dropdowns
D3 = D3 and D2 dropdowns

I would make one change to your suggestion: all players that could potentially be pulled down need to be shown as well.  If you only include drop downs in FSS data after they happen you are making pulldowns a much more difficult thing to do and limiting one of the key current recruiting strategies utilized at D2 and D3.
But then you'd have people complaining that you shouldn't know the players you could potentially pull down or you'll make it too easy.  This complaining thing never ends.
4/19/2013 1:19 PM
Posted by kmfloyd on 4/19/2013 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mduncanhogs on 4/19/2013 1:13:00 PM (view original):

DI = only DI recruits
D2 = D2 and DI dropdowns
D3 = D3 and D2 dropdowns

But then you'd have people complaining that you shouldn't know the players you could potentially pull down or you'll make it too easy.  This complaining thing never ends.
I should have been a bit clearer.  When I say to include all players that could potentially be pulled down I don't mean that you should include only those players who can be pulled down, but rather any D1 recruit who might possibly be able to be pulled down by any D2 school, and I would also include a few who can' to keep that uknown variable included in recruiting.
4/19/2013 1:26 PM
That wouldn't solve the problem of using a D1 school to FSS for a D2 school under a different ID, especially if the D2 school is predominantly recruiting pulldowns.
4/19/2013 2:04 PM
Also what about the people who have teams in the same world and same division, it doesn't really stop anything at all but those who may abuse FSS for teams in different divisions. I don't see the big deal anyway... If seble comes and says this is taking alot of time away from actual work on the game then leave it be and lets get some game changes here and not worry about this.
4/19/2013 2:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.