Time for a significant overhaul of recruiting Topic

I think increasing consideration credit is a worthwhile endeavor, but it shouldn't be done in an extreme sense. If you get on a recruit 6-9 hours before someone else, should you get a big bonus for that? I don't think so. But if you're on them the first day and someone else swoops in the day of signings, I could see you getting some credit for the time you've spent building relationships. Not enough to get rid of poaching, but enough that poachers are at a slight disadvantage (that can be overcome by tons of money or prestige--just like in real life). I'm not sure how much consideration credit is worth right now, but I don't hate the idea in theory. 
4/19/2013 12:33 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 4/19/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I think increasing consideration credit is a worthwhile endeavor, but it shouldn't be done in an extreme sense. If you get on a recruit 6-9 hours before someone else, should you get a big bonus for that? I don't think so. But if you're on them the first day and someone else swoops in the day of signings, I could see you getting some credit for the time you've spent building relationships. Not enough to get rid of poaching, but enough that poachers are at a slight disadvantage (that can be overcome by tons of money or prestige--just like in real life). I'm not sure how much consideration credit is worth right now, but I don't hate the idea in theory. 
This is along the lines with what I'm saying.  To be clear on what I'm saying about considering credit, it WOULD NOT kick in during the season, but only once actual recruiting starts. Also, I'm not advocating that considering credit be increased substantially, but rather that it be increased slightly. We don't want a system where the first coach to get on a recruit has a substantial advantage over all others. Bad idea indeed. I say extend the first cycle to 24 hours and have considering credit begin when that cycle runs. That gives all coaches a chance to recruit in cycle 1 before considering credit starts.
4/19/2013 1:10 PM
◂ Prev 12
Time for a significant overhaul of recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.