These Threads... Topic

Are you guys serious?

Multiple teams in the same world aren't that big of a deal, either beat the "cheaters" or quit...there are a million solutions and some of you just want to rant and rave about BS.

And personally, as far as I'm concerned, only 3 worlds are open to me (Tark, Knight, and Phelan) because I won't play a game-a-day world, it's wayyyyyy too slow, so you want a reason to have teams in multiple worlds...bam!

If you ANTIs ran WIS, you would know better than to touch/consider messing with the accounts of successful, popular users who are paying for a minimum of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 seasons at a time.  If you were intelligent, you would realize that you're grandstanding on something that's really quite insignificant...if you think you're not as successful as you should be in HD because billyg has 2 accounts, you might want to schedule a CAT scan for Monday morning.

4/20/2013 1:17 AM
i agree, i too have no interest in playing the 1/day worlds. i started with one 2/day world existing (tark), and i picked a rupp team pretty quickly (my cousin had his main team there) - but i didnt like it. i eventually had 4 teams on 4 IDs, all in tark, because simply, the game was WAY WAY WAY more fun to me that way. i didnt want to play 4 different teams in 4 different worlds, and wouldnt enjoy giving up my d3 and d2 schools in tark, or else, taking an additional year (in real time) to get to d1. this game is supposed to be fun and i wish people could just keep that in mind. its fine to still want to change things, if you really feel its that important, but people are seemingly giving NO consideration to the fun aspect - and i just dont understand why :(
4/20/2013 2:03 AM
I agree with you gillispie1, but it was sad to read the earlier post acting like a juvenile and purposely using combatative wording (...if you were intelligent...schedule a CAT scan...). Disappointing and probably compensating for other issues.
4/20/2013 3:45 AM
Posted by bobmeyer on 4/20/2013 3:45:00 AM (view original):
I agree with you gillispie1, but it was sad to read the earlier post acting like a juvenile and purposely using combatative wording (...if you were intelligent...schedule a CAT scan...). Disappointing and probably compensating for other issues.
yeah... those 500 posts on the topic in the last few days are best described as disappointing 
4/20/2013 8:29 AM
Spot on, Colonels.
4/20/2013 12:22 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/20/2013 1:17:00 AM (view original):
Are you guys serious?

Multiple teams in the same world aren't that big of a deal, either beat the "cheaters" or quit...there are a million solutions and some of you just want to rant and rave about BS.

And personally, as far as I'm concerned, only 3 worlds are open to me (Tark, Knight, and Phelan) because I won't play a game-a-day world, it's wayyyyyy too slow, so you want a reason to have teams in multiple worlds...bam!

If you ANTIs ran WIS, you would know better than to touch/consider messing with the accounts of successful, popular users who are paying for a minimum of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 seasons at a time.  If you were intelligent, you would realize that you're grandstanding on something that's really quite insignificant...if you think you're not as successful as you should be in HD because billyg has 2 accounts, you might want to schedule a CAT scan for Monday morning.

Colonels, sometimes i almost forget how much you have changed. Good post.
4/20/2013 12:26 PM
fully agree with this thread (though i'm a 1 a day guy) - excellent post, colonels. 
4/20/2013 3:41 PM
Congrats guys, all you addicts that need the fast pace of 2-a-days (including me) are playing into WIS business model. More games per day = more seasons per real time year = more revenue (generally speaking, unless you're like billyg, ae, chapel, etc that have credits on credits on credits).

4/20/2013 5:00 PM
2 a days worlds make me stay.
4/20/2013 5:04 PM
I wish I could do 2-a-day worlds, but I travel for work a lot and am in meetings all day.  I would have to get up 15-20 minutes earlier while traveling to make sure I had enough time to gameplan for the mid-day game, and when a lot of the time I'm leaving the hotel at 6:30 in the morning after arriving late the night before that just isn't easy to do.  I'm assuming your can't set different gameplans for the 2 games in a day in the 2-a-day worlds, but you rather have to wait until the night game runs to set the day games gameplan?
4/20/2013 8:13 PM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 4/20/2013 8:13:00 PM (view original):
I wish I could do 2-a-day worlds, but I travel for work a lot and am in meetings all day.  I would have to get up 15-20 minutes earlier while traveling to make sure I had enough time to gameplan for the mid-day game, and when a lot of the time I'm leaving the hotel at 6:30 in the morning after arriving late the night before that just isn't easy to do.  I'm assuming your can't set different gameplans for the 2 games in a day in the 2-a-day worlds, but you rather have to wait until the night game runs to set the day games gameplan?
If I understand what you are writing - that is correct. One must wait till the first game has passed.
4/20/2013 11:36 PM
Thanks for the kudos, guys...I just really don't get all the kvetching lately, it all just seems very pointless...it also looks to be dying down *knock on wood*...maybe someone got nachopuzzle a bag of Doritos or something...

As far as gameplanning for a 2-a-day world goes, I usually just do it on my Android phone for the afternoon game, and it doesn't take me more than 5-10 minutes...maybe I don't do enough, set my defensive positioning, set my double teams and boom, but it doesn't take long.

4/21/2013 12:27 AM
I am mostly OK with people having multiple teams in a world because I trust that the majority of them aren't cheating. I'm sure it happens, but hopefully it's rare. Ideally other users and our customer service can figure out who's cheating when it happens.

However, an attitude of "either beat the cheaters or quit" is ridiculous. If there was a widespread cheating problem it would need to be addressed.

Finally, aren't there multiple lengthy threads about this? Why the need for a new thread? (other than to imply that anyone who doesn't want to play with cheaters is a sissy)
4/21/2013 9:42 AM
This is the anti-******** thread.  Note that I put "cheaters" in quotes because I don't consider having multiple teams in one world cheating, whether they're using 1 team to supplement the other or not, it's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.  I could "cheat" tomorrow and you'd never know about it...I just see no need at the moment, and I find the logging in and out to be more of a pain in the *** than the FSS benefit that I could/might get.  Just the way some of the guys are carrying on about this is unreal, so I thought I'd pipe up and help remind people to look at the big picture here.

My point overall is that you make your own success in this game, and that there are too many solutions to this "problem" to be going around asking for the (second) heads of billyg, girt, alblack, emy, a in the b, etc, etc, etc...if anything, when I see them or their aliai in a world, I perk up.  These guys aren't good because they "cheat" (again, I'm not even inferring that they do), they're good because they've cut their teeth for years on this game, figured out what works and what doesn't, and have made a pretty good HD plot for themselves.  Nothing is preventing YOU from doing the same exact thing.  The playing field IS even...get your levels out, and you'll see. 

The circular arguments that fail to discuss resolutions are very annoying, and this is my black-gloved fist against it/them.

4/21/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/21/2013 1:27:00 PM (view original):
This is the anti-******** thread.  Note that I put "cheaters" in quotes because I don't consider having multiple teams in one world cheating, whether they're using 1 team to supplement the other or not, it's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.  I could "cheat" tomorrow and you'd never know about it...I just see no need at the moment, and I find the logging in and out to be more of a pain in the *** than the FSS benefit that I could/might get.  Just the way some of the guys are carrying on about this is unreal, so I thought I'd pipe up and help remind people to look at the big picture here.

My point overall is that you make your own success in this game, and that there are too many solutions to this "problem" to be going around asking for the (second) heads of billyg, girt, alblack, emy, a in the b, etc, etc, etc...if anything, when I see them or their aliai in a world, I perk up.  These guys aren't good because they "cheat" (again, I'm not even inferring that they do), they're good because they've cut their teeth for years on this game, figured out what works and what doesn't, and have made a pretty good HD plot for themselves.  Nothing is preventing YOU from doing the same exact thing.  The playing field IS even...get your levels out, and you'll see. 

The circular arguments that fail to discuss resolutions are very annoying, and this is my black-gloved fist against it/them.

So since you could cheat tomorrow, HD should look the other way when they do catch cheating?  The original poster had an actual instance of cheating happen to him, he brought it to light, and HD is looking into it.  What, exactly, is wrong with any of this? 

P.S.  And I say this as a guy who has had 2 teams in the same world (different divisions, well over 1000 miles apart).
4/21/2013 1:39 PM
12 Next ▸
These Threads... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.