Low Post message Topic

I've seen this one plenty before "- Very hard to stop inside - sky's the limit."

However, I don't think I've seen it worded like this before, "- Has nothing inside unless he beats his defender off the dribble - sky's the limit."

Is the wording something new?  Is this what they are spending time on improving/changing?

Oh, these messages are for the same player, but different trips
4/29/2013 8:35 PM
That seems weird and contradictory to each other...I know I rarely read the first part of those messages and just look to see what the second part says when doing SV...maybe a case where what the first part says doesn't matter you just need to pay attention to the second part to find out if he's high/high or low/high
4/29/2013 8:40 PM
Posted by scthallfan on 4/29/2013 8:40:00 PM (view original):
That seems weird and contradictory to each other...I know I rarely read the first part of those messages and just look to see what the second part says when doing SV...maybe a case where what the first part says doesn't matter you just need to pay attention to the second part to find out if he's high/high or low/high
The first part has to do with current ability, so it's weird that you got two different messages for the same player. Nonetheless, definitely high-high.
4/29/2013 8:43 PM
Which is why I rarely pay attention to the first part...I see the rating, I know his current ability...I want to know what he's gonna be haha
4/29/2013 8:46 PM
Posted by milwood on 4/29/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):
I've seen this one plenty before "- Very hard to stop inside - sky's the limit."

However, I don't think I've seen it worded like this before, "- Has nothing inside unless he beats his defender off the dribble - sky's the limit."

Is the wording something new?  Is this what they are spending time on improving/changing?

This message is nothing new. Its been around just like all the other potential messages.
4/29/2013 9:14 PM
High/High.  I have seen this particular msg several times in rebuild situations.  I have seen it more for guards than for big men, but then I rarely recruit big men with less than 45 LP (ballpark, each situation is different), but when I have, I have gotten this msg from time to time.
4/29/2013 10:11 PM
Any time it says "skys the limit" it's high/high for LP.
4/30/2013 10:07 AM
Posted by milwood on 4/29/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):

he must be on the borderline of good and ******, in the sim's eyes. kind of silly but as others have said, both indicate high/high for lp. the assistant's impression of what makes a rating good is absolutely worthless anyway, so i dont think its a big deal, but i agree its weird and doesnt make much sense. i suppose then, it fits nicely with the other responses we get from recruits?

4/30/2013 4:54 PM
Yeah, I knew the sky's the limit was high/high.  I just never really noticed that there were different wordings based on the level of the recruit's current abilities. 

Thanks, guys.  I was wrong, the messages were about two different guys.  I double checked by clicking on the envelope next to the recruits name on the recruiting page.  Well, I must have clicked through too many times because the second message was for another guy I recruited.

Very hard to stop inside......64 starting value

Has nothing inside unless he beats his defender off the dribble.......10 starting value

I guess I just don't pay attention closely when the attribute is that low.

4/30/2013 7:38 PM
Low Post message Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.