What divisions are your teams in? Topic

What Divisions are your teams in?

Votes: 136
(Last vote received: 5/17/2013 4:40 AM)
5/10/2013 9:43 AM
Just kinda wondering.   I have at least one team in all three divisions but am conisidering dropping my D1 team.   I just don't like the inherent inequalities in that system,    Just wondering how other people divide their teams up.
5/10/2013 9:45 AM
My other team is Charlotte and I'm starting to think things your way.  The frustrations of being in a lower tier conference in D1 are outweighing everything else.  I just don't like the massive safety net afforded terrible teams in the Big 6 conferences.
5/10/2013 11:00 AM
I used to have one team in all 3 but decided that D2 was where its at.
5/10/2013 12:01 PM
7 teams. All D1.
5/10/2013 12:31 PM
For D1 I think its all about getting into a good conference. And by that I don't necessarily mean a Big 6 conference. My BYU team in Phelan has been one of my favorites because we have a strong group of coaches in the Mountain West and we consistently have a top 6 conference RPI (despite the current down season). Generally its been hard to get that strong conference outside of the Big 6 or something like the Mountain West, A10, or Conference USA, but if you can get a full compliment of good coaches in one of the lower tier conferences you can make some waves. Its really all about the extra recruiting money at the D1 level, and to do that you need a lot of human coaches that are consistently going to the tournament and at least winning a game or two.
5/10/2013 2:38 PM
I have 2 D2s, wanting to move up to D1 in Knight and hopefully it'll happen this year, but my excitement/will to be at/in D1 isn't as great as it was a few months ago, so we'll see...there are reasons beyond passion that I want to coach D1
5/10/2013 9:33 PM
I've been playing since 2004 and have never had a D1 team. I prefer D2 and D3
5/11/2013 5:36 AM
Posted by udm_mike on 5/10/2013 11:00:00 AM (view original):
My other team is Charlotte and I'm starting to think things your way.  The frustrations of being in a lower tier conference in D1 are outweighing everything else.  I just don't like the massive safety net afforded terrible teams in the Big 6 conferences.
I completely agree, drvies me crazy seeing some of these teams hovering at C+, B- or B and if I had the same record I would be C- or lower. Then one PI and they are up to B+. Conference prestige is weighted way too much. Definitely need to do something about how prestige is calculated. 

In saying that ?I prefer D1 still. I have 2 D1 teams, and my D2 I will eventually move to D1
5/11/2013 6:48 AM
I have one D1,3 D2 and one D3 team. I greatly prefer D2 and D3 to D1, but can't resist the impossible challenge of trying to make D1 Dartmouth a great team. 
5/11/2013 8:36 AM
any connection to Dartmouth, bbunch?
5/11/2013 10:08 AM
I have a team in each division and two in DIII. I prefer DII but I like the challenges in all levels. DIII is hard because you get a tiny amount of money and you can't scout very many states. DII is pretty much perfect in my opinion. You can take any team and turn them into a contender. There is just enough money to battle people but not an overwhelmingly amount. DI is very frustrating at times. The thing I have learned is you have to learn from your recruiting mistakes and move on. I have had some rough seasons in DI but I have also had some fun ones too. I have a team in a BCS conference (Georgetown, Allen) but I also want a team in a mid-major conference, preferably my favorite team UNLV. 
5/11/2013 11:36 AM
none, bow2dacowz. I just wanted to take a school that's terrible athletically and make them really good. 
5/11/2013 8:01 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 5/11/2013 5:36:00 AM (view original):
i always wondered, how do you know you prefer d2/d3, without ever coaching a d1 team?
5/11/2013 9:01 PM
Posted by gillispie on 5/11/2013 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alblack56 on 5/11/2013 5:36:00 AM (view original):
i always wondered, how do you know you prefer d2/d3, without ever coaching a d1 team?
My coaching idols have always been those coaches, like 'Big House' Gaines of Winston-Salem,  who spend 30+ years at the same small school.   I decided from the beginning that I wouldn't take a D1 job.  
 Later, after I learned more about D1, I was even more sure.  I don't like the recruiting 'tiers' and the disadvantages to the mid-major schools.  So, I'm perfectly content staying at DIIand DIII
5/11/2013 9:58 PM
12 Next ▸
What divisions are your teams in? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.