How effective are double teams at stopping a good scorer on the other team? Do they cause problems by leaving other guys open? Are they worth doing at all or not?

Also, it says you can't double team in the press, but the option to double team is still available. Does it just not work?
6/13/2013 11:27 AM
I wouldn't not double team a guy who scores 15-20 ppg, regardless of the circumstances.  I use/analyze double teams for every game and yes I think they make a fair amount of difference.  To avoid the "category" is bit of HD suicide.

I've always been leery of your latter statement.  I haven't played FCP much, but when I did, I think I set the double teams anyway.

6/13/2013 12:45 PM
In the FCP your players are double teaming whoever has the ball automatically, thus there is no need to set double teams since your team already does it.
6/13/2013 1:03 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/13/2013 12:45:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't not double team a guy who scores 15-20 ppg, regardless of the circumstances.  I use/analyze double teams for every game and yes I think they make a fair amount of difference.  To avoid the "category" is bit of HD suicide.

I've always been leery of your latter statement.  I haven't played FCP much, but when I did, I think I set the double teams anyway.

"I wouldn't not"  ???? Does that mean you double all guys who average 20 points per game?

I have found the better my teams become, the less I use DT.   

I pretty much only DT now if:

The main scorer has a low BH and PASS (DT causes more turnovers).
One player takes more than 30% of a teams shots.
A team only has one inside/outside scorer.   Like if there is only one LP threat but multiple PER guys I'll DT the big and play a +5.

6/13/2013 3:04 PM (edited)
Like I'm gonna show you my cards.........
6/13/2013 2:54 PM
You shouldn't not want to show nothing.
6/13/2013 3:18 PM
I pretty much only DT now if: The main scorer has a low BH and PASS (DT causes more turnovers).
Like with many parts of this game, I wonder if the effect of DT on turnovers is additive or multiplicative. Like is the number of turnovers by a player a sum of contributions from BH/P and those from the DT, or is it some interaction between them, such that the DT creates more extra turnovers when applied to low BH/P players than to high. You seem confident that it is the latter, but I wonder if we really know that.
6/13/2013 3:43 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/13/2013 3:18:00 PM (view original):
You shouldn't not want to show nothing.
Lol, nice play...
6/14/2013 9:16 PM
I do don't need to double team in press. If I play man should I double always or only if high scorer?
6/17/2013 11:00 AM
Don't need to DT in press.  Like the others said if 1 or 2 guys are big off. distro, like over 30%, than yes DT their best player/high scorer.
6/17/2013 12:00 PM
my opinion is that one should DT only rarely - like when a team relies on overloaded distro to one guy.  It should not be routine, because against a reasonably balanced team I think it net hurts you
6/18/2013 12:57 AM
Posted by shawnfucious on 6/13/2013 11:27:00 AM (view original):
How effective are double teams at stopping a good scorer on the other team? Do they cause problems by leaving other guys open? Are they worth doing at all or not?

Also, it says you can't double team in the press, but the option to double team is still available. Does it just not work?
Don't see a direct answer so ... If you select a double team and your playing full court press, it has no effect.
6/18/2013 4:24 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.