Redshirt Program Logic Question Topic

Hey gang,

I'm not sure I fully understand the redshirt programming changes.  Here is my question:  After recruiting is over, I have recruited 2 Freshmen, Brian and Bob.  Neither one have been given any promises.  At that point, I decide I want to try to redshirt Brian.  Brian decides to be a total douchebag, complains, and his Work Ethic drops by 20 points.  In the past, I have been able to remove the redshirt, and his Work Ethic would go back to what it was.  Are you still able to remove a redshirt in this situation?  If Brian were to reject, I would want to remove the redshirt and see if I could get Bob (more talented, more intelligent, just a great guy!) to accept the redshirt.
Thoughts?
6/25/2013 1:42 PM
No problem.  When you remove the redshirt, Brian's WE will return to the original #.   The only change (some time back) was that you cannot attempt to put the shirt back on Brian and hope for a lesser WE hit.  His reaction is supposed to be worse each time you try to put it on.  However, you can certainly remove it and hand it to Bob.

The more recent change, that doesn't directly apply here, is that you should not need to have an extra season in that world to take any redshirt type action.
6/25/2013 1:52 PM
rogello is correct. and I can confirm that the reaction does get worse each time. I had two guys I wanted to redshirt. One guy got a little upset, his work ethic dropped by about 10 points. So I tried the other guy. His WE dropped 30 points. So I figured 10 was better than 30 and went back to the first guy. This time, his WE dropped all the way to 1. Which is kinda dumb IMO. In real life, you can ask two people at the same time, so you don't have to redshirt, de-redshirt, and redshirt again. There should be a way to gauge a person's response without ******* them off. 
6/25/2013 4:56 PM
That makes sense given the way things work now, because by undoing the redshirt you are promising intent of non-redshirt...meaning that when you try to redshirt him again you are breaking a promise to not redshirt. I'm not saying I agree with the process, just saying that the way it is currently set up makes sense why they would drop to 1 WE after a second redshirt attempt.
6/25/2013 5:11 PM
Posted by scthallfan on 6/25/2013 5:11:00 PM (view original):
That makes sense given the way things work now, because by undoing the redshirt you are promising intent of non-redshirt...meaning that when you try to redshirt him again you are breaking a promise to not redshirt. I'm not saying I agree with the process, just saying that the way it is currently set up makes sense why they would drop to 1 WE after a second redshirt attempt.
Oh, I totally agree. I just think there should be a way to ask two people whether they're okay with redshirting without having to redshirt, unredshirt, and re-redshirt. 
6/25/2013 5:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification guys!
6/25/2013 5:23 PM
Redshirt Program Logic Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.