Does going to the PIT help your job resume? Topic

This is a question I've wondered about for awhile. Basically, I've always thought of it as worthless, as far as when you're trying to move on (eventually) to a better job. Is there actually at least SOME value in making the PIT for your job resume?     
7/6/2013 12:34 PM
It was once said - I think in a dev chat but cant say for sure - that the PIT final four is about the same value as getting a bid to the NT
7/6/2013 12:49 PM
what fd said, plus, it beats NOT going to the postseason...
7/6/2013 12:56 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 7/6/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):
See, I've never cared at ALL about getting a PIT bid. And if you have to get to the Final Four to even equal an NT bid, then I think my feeling is validated. I'd rather just get started on the next season's recruiting than have to game plan for (basically) meaningless games.
7/6/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 7/6/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
See, I've never cared at ALL about getting a PIT bid. And if you have to get to the Final Four to even equal an NT bid, then I think my feeling is validated. I'd rather just get started on the next season's recruiting than have to game plan for (basically) meaningless games.
Since your in d1 you get an extra 5000 dollars per game someone in your conference plays. So it's not really meaningless
7/6/2013 3:57 PM
Posted by andrewp97 on 7/6/2013 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 7/6/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Since your in d1 you get an extra 5000 dollars per game someone in your conference plays. So it's not really meaningless
I didn't realize that making the PIT gave more recruiting dollars. You're right, that's NOT meaningless.
7/6/2013 4:15 PM
If getting to the final four can get me that final push from C+ to B- then I find it worthwhile.

How much time do you spend gameplanning? I spend about  2 minutes a game. I can't picture spending so much time gameplanning that it detracts greatly from my studying next seasons recruits.

7/6/2013 4:17 PM
Posted by plague on 7/6/2013 4:17:00 PM (view original):
If getting to the final four can get me that final push from C+ to B- then I find it worthwhile.

How much time do you spend gameplanning? I spend about  2 minutes a game. I can't picture spending so much time gameplanning that it detracts greatly from my studying next seasons recruits.

I don't actually spend that much time gameplanning, except for in the NT. I've just had some bad experiences where I barely missed out on the NT, and the PIT just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. For gameplanning, I usually only fiddle with defensive +/-, depending upon the percentage of points the team scores from 3pt range, and MAYBE set a double-team if the team I'm facing is particularly reliant on one or two players. I may also up a player's percentage of the offensive touches, depending upon individual position matchups.
7/6/2013 4:34 PM
Does going to the PIT help your job resume? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.