Just had a seven game injury that dropped a player to 35% - whats the worst anyone else has had?
7/28/2013 2:17 PM
Back in season 25 of Naismith I had a freshman SF injured 4 minutes into the 5th game of the season. His health rating dropped to 1. He did not play in any of the remaining 21 games of the regular season. He was given a Medical Hardship redshirt which as far as I know is the only one given in the history of HD. 
7/28/2013 3:26 PM
Posted by Weena on 7/28/2013 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Back in season 25 of Naismith I had a freshman SF injured 4 minutes into the 5th game of the season. His health rating dropped to 1. He did not play in any of the remaining 21 games of the regular season. He was given a Medical Hardship redshirt which as far as I know is the only one given in the history of HD. 
Thats pretty cool.  I'm assuming that players don't gain any improvement while injured?
7/28/2013 3:53 PM
not only do they not improve, they go backwards
7/28/2013 4:01 PM
One thing I have noticed about injuries is that when they do happen (which is rare) the same team and sometimes even the same player will suffer multiple injuries in a season.  For example, this season was the first time in a long time I have had any player injuries, and it happened twice to the same guy (who does not have a low DU rating).  It makes me think that the random number generator that governs injuries is not as random as we might like.

As a side note, I think injuries should be either (a) way more frequent, in line with reality or (b) done away with entirely.  Good arguments for both of these options, as opposed to leaving them the way they are now - which is where there is the occasional lightning strike, but DU can be ignored in recruiting.  Either make DU matter by increasing injuries (especially minor injuries where a player might not be at peak efficiency for a few games, which would be realistic) or get rid of DU and injuries altogether, IMO.

Minor edit: my player who was hurt twice this season has DU = 62.  Not sky high, but he's no fragile Freddie by any stretch.
7/29/2013 1:39 PM (edited)
+1
7/29/2013 1:40 PM
Yah. Mine was a 45. Not "awesome" but not terrible. I was planning on the team not being that good this season Nyway(just took over a new one) but its still annoying.
7/29/2013 9:30 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.