This jobs logic is just complete bullsh Topic

Here's my resume at low-major Campbell: www.whatifsports.com/hd/CoachProfile/Default.aspx

I've won the regular season conference championship in every year but one. I made the NT a couple seasons back, and have been in the PIT many many times. Yet, the response when I applied to perennially sim-coached Northwestern and Villanova? Some horse **** about needing a coach who can instill a winning atmosphere. Is the logic SO skewed toward NT appearances that it doesn't matter how consistently I have a top 100 RPI at a program that was complete **** before I got there? This is quit-the-game-infuriating for me.     
9/2/2013 3:21 AM
no offense intended, and maybe I'm in a minority, but I don't think that resume is Big 6 material either. 1 NT and 3 PIT (all last 4 yrs) over 8 seasons and going from D- to C+ in a mostly empty (and seemingly 1 bid) conference is ok, but its not likely to be good enough for the Big 6. 
9/2/2013 3:57 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
yeah this is not even close to a big 6 job resume.  you need more NT appearances and possibly a NT win. get that prestige to B- and then we'll talk
9/2/2013 7:28 AM
Big 6 jobs are usually around 90% full if not higher. I don't believe that the ability to get there is too difficult.
9/2/2013 8:07 AM
Just a couple things here...
1. Nice team for low D1. If you were rewarded for the talent on your team you would be at a BCS school.
2. Your non-conference schedule is crappy and once conference play starts you behind on the 8 ball too far to get a nt bid unless you win the ct.
3. You should not lose any sim games. I am not the best strategy/game planner by any means but I would be so embarrassed to lose to a sim I would not complain when I didn't get BCS job...foshizzle.
4. You need a mentor. Without some guidance once you do get the undeserved BCS job you will fall flat on your face and quit after ******** and moaning season after season. Try asking for some help and not just complain that you can't get the job you want.
5. Seriously though you put together a nice team.
9/2/2013 8:22 AM
My bad. I'll see myself out now.
9/2/2013 9:19 AM
For the record, my main issue with the decision is that the two jobs have been sim-coached for YEARS. And the job logic is such that it would rather keep them sims than give my (apparently ******) resume a shot at them.
9/2/2013 9:21 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/2/2013 3:57:00 AM (view original):
no offense intended, and maybe I'm in a minority, but I don't think that resume is Big 6 material either. 1 NT and 3 PIT (all last 4 yrs) over 8 seasons and going from D- to C+ in a mostly empty (and seemingly 1 bid) conference is ok, but its not likely to be good enough for the Big 6. 
So no credit for completely turning around a program that was just about as ****** of a D-1 job as there could possibly be? And when I got to the conference, I believe it was half full or so, just for the record.
9/2/2013 9:22 AM
rightly or wrongly, the game emphasizes NT appearances and NT success much more than it emphasizes improvement at a program that does not produce NT games and wins
9/2/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by metsmax on 9/2/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
rightly or wrongly, the game emphasizes NT appearances and NT success much more than it emphasizes improvement at a program that does not produce NT games and wins
Here's how messed up the logic is: I'm applying at WSU, which is only at C prestige (I'm at C+). The "adviser" guy says "keep looking", even for a non-Big 6, that's got a lower prestige than mine, and has been sim-coached for several seasons.
9/2/2013 9:37 AM
In real life, Gregg Marshall made the almost exact same jump as I'm applying for now (and probably won't get, based on the "keep looking"), and has been super successful.
9/2/2013 9:38 AM
17 of 21 wins vs SIM teams isn't impressive at all. It's not like it takes some sort of miraculous coaching to do that.

Also for the jobs process, total wins is taken into account which hurts your resume.
9/2/2013 10:02 AM
I don't think you are BCS-worthy, but it is ridiculous that you aren't qualified for a C job.

As for comparing yourself to GM...uh, no. Gregg made SEVEN NTs in 9 years.  Plus, he won a NT game.  Gregg didn't usually falter in the Big South CT. That's the dif...if those PITs were NTs, you'd have a much different argument.

Also...GM is my cousin.

9/2/2013 10:23 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
This jobs logic is just complete bullsh Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.