Looking for Advice (Low DI) Topic

Hey coaches,

I am currently coaching @ Siena in the Metro-Atlantic conference in Allen.  I have had some moderate success, but feel like I am plateauing.   I am wondering what I can do to take that next big step.  Our conference recently lost some talented coaches to Big 6 programs which will likely knock us out of the Top 10 conference range.   I would like to eventually take over a Big 6 team, but do not have enough experience or talent to do that yet.    I've read a lot of post from experienced coaches which has helped, but was wondering if there was more I can do.  

Thanks!
9/5/2013 9:10 AM
I am having similar issues at Campbell. Read the thread I started about the job logic. Lots of people gave me some really straightforward advice/constructive criticism in that thread, much of which you might also find valuable.
9/5/2013 9:33 PM
I myself haven't had a great deal of success in D1 but after recently reading 2 really informative pieces from 2 coaches with numerous national titles I feel a lot more confident. If you haven't already read Lostmyth2's Q and A  and Coach_Billyg User Interview you should check them out.

Hope this helps.
9/5/2013 11:34 PM
Posted by eric9930 on 9/5/2013 11:34:00 PM (view original):
I myself haven't had a great deal of success in D1 but after recently reading 2 really informative pieces from 2 coaches with numerous national titles I feel a lot more confident. If you haven't already read Lostmyth2's Q and A  and Coach_Billyg User Interview you should check them out.

Hope this helps.
Those are fantastic. A lot of "meat" to chew on, as far as how to coach at the D1 level.     
9/5/2013 11:39 PM
This is all very good stuff, thanks guys!  
9/6/2013 9:29 AM
Posted by eric9930 on 9/5/2013 11:34:00 PM (view original):

Hope this helps.
Thank you, Eric.  I'm just starting my first D1 season and I'm saving those interviews for reference later.  Lots of good stuff - some I already knew and needed reinforced, and some that gave me a fresh perspective on what I need to do.

9/6/2013 1:19 PM
Looking for Advice (Low DI) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.