Who would want to join THE FIRM? Topic

I don't want to join Jet, but I'd love to schedule the firm every year ;)

Or if the firm was made up of just us Phelan Rmac guys then I'd be down. Maybe.
9/26/2013 12:30 AM
need to get players named Bendini, Lambert, Locke, Hackman, McTeer and Cruise
9/26/2013 3:35 AM
Those names aren't even in the book, metsmax.
9/26/2013 10:47 AM
Posted by metsmax on 9/26/2013 3:35:00 AM (view original):
I am somewhat confused by that reference
9/26/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 9/25/2013 3:25:00 PM (view original):
I would love to but trust issues come in to play, with people stealing credit card info and the overall account or not paying the right amounts. It just seems like so many things have to work.
philly i dont think that would actually be an issue, i've always had to re-enter my credit card info when adding seasons. the issue would be if someone changed the password and associated emails.
9/26/2013 1:30 PM
Looks like we're getting momentum here! So far we have interested:

(going by just the post/sitemail ID's)

Me (2340 W's, 2 NC's)
rednu (1440 W's)
Trentonjoe (1740 W's)
tkimble (1457 W's 1 NC)
yanks250125 (4129 W's, 1 NC)
swany623 (680 W's)

You guys wanna do it? Green light???

I'm not opposed to trying to recruit more coaches and getting multiple teams with this ID if more are interested on top of us 6.
9/26/2013 1:39 PM
I would only do it in a world where I don't have a team.

I am in Knight, Tark, and Wooden.

I will pay for season 1.

We would need some sort of communication system, a shared google doc would be my suggestion.
9/26/2013 1:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I am in Iba, Allen, Knight, Tark and Phelan. Given that we're coordinating between multiple people i think a 1-game/day world makes sense.
9/26/2013 2:06 PM
Posted by jetwildcat on 9/26/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 9/26/2013 3:35:00 AM (view original):
I am somewhat confused by that reference
The Firm

Starring Tom Cruise and Gene Hackman

Cruise was McTeer - or McDeer?

The firm was Bendini Lambert

9/26/2013 2:17 PM
I have done this before (albeit we weren't successful on our own). There were 3 of us- 1 recruited, 1 gameplanned, and one managed everything else. We went 7 seasons (6 at D2 Smith) where we made the Final 4 two times. It was A BLAST! 

However, there are concerns: Money being a big one. You can't steal credit card info any way that I know of, however you wanna make sure no one slacks on their end of the money. Also, communication is KEY. We fell apart because of that. Didn't sitemail enough and ended up failing ultimately. Hopefully you guys can sustain the Firm for awhile.

If you go for this, keep a thread where all coaches who are part of the Firm are kept track of. It can be an elite-of-elite coaches' dream to be part of the firm- every time someone leaves you could have applications, and they can work their way from practice planner up to Head Coach or whatever. That could be fun.

Also since I am really interested, I could be a non coaching aspect of it and help recruit coaches. LOL  
9/26/2013 5:57 PM
Alright caesari's on board! Obviously we can work out the details of the responsibilities down the road. We might have 2 teams, who knows?
9/26/2013 7:17 PM
Number of seasons 'donated' could end up being like equity shares lol.
9/26/2013 7:18 PM
It would be easy if we each bought a $10 (or $20, or however much we agreed to) GC on our account and gave it to the firm account.  
9/26/2013 9:19 PM
Personally, l feel like an arrangement like this would be great for me.  The only part of the game I pay adequate attention to is gameplanning.  I just finished the season in Knight without scheduling for next year.  Or setting a practice plan.  Oops.

But I feel like it would be a lot of pressure.  What if I get busy at work and forget to gameplan for a game?  What if I want to go on vacation during the postseason?  It's no big deal when it's my own team, but to have all those people's expectations riding on my consistent effort?  Like I said, too much pressure.  Too much responsibility.

9/26/2013 10:00 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
Who would want to join THE FIRM? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.