Other Coaches Teams Topic

How often do you take over another coach's team and wonder "wtf were they thinking?"

Practice plans that neglect blues and reds, substandard game planning, poor distribution, below average recruits...always amazed...

10/9/2013 10:14 PM
One of the most bizarre ones I've seen recently is (as I recall) trying to play a seven-man rotation with a press team that has 10+ scholarship players. 
10/9/2013 11:38 PM
lol, a dig at me for not having my lineup set for today's exhib game?  Well done, lol.
10/9/2013 11:57 PM
I tried mentoring a coach. He gave me his password so I could see his setup. It was unbelievable!  He had his center, with a PER of 1, practicing 15 minutes on his jump shot.  His team was winless and he complained in the coach's corner, "This game isn't fair. You'd think I'd win ONE game with just luck."  

The entire thing was a big mess.  I didn't fix it for him but gave him many suggestions.  He didn't implement any of them and quit after that season.  And he also failed to thank me for my work.
10/10/2013 6:07 AM (edited)
haha, I didn't even notice you did that for an exhibition. No, I was thinking of a case in Iba D3 this year. It was actually an eight-man rotation, but still pretty bad. 
10/10/2013 9:49 AM
Sometimes (although obviously not in the case of alblack's situation), the coach will jack everything up before they leave so if/when anyone takes over they won't get a behind the scenes look at how they coach.  
10/10/2013 10:14 AM
Honestly, the few times I've taken over other teams I've followed the SIM.  And he doesn't just recruit crap players, he has no clue how to set up practice minutes or distro.

No wonder they're so easy to beat. 

10/10/2013 9:51 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 10/10/2013 9:49:00 AM (view original):
haha, I didn't even notice you did that for an exhibition. No, I was thinking of a case in Iba D3 this year. It was actually an eight-man rotation, but still pretty bad. 
Lol, rather ironic.
10/10/2013 11:08 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 10/9/2013 10:14:00 PM (view original):
How often do you take over another coach's team and wonder "wtf were they thinking?"

Practice plans that neglect blues and reds, substandard game planning, poor distribution, below average recruits...always amazed...

Thanks colonels for not mentioning any names, and will you take over for me again sometime?
10/11/2013 5:12 AM
Posted by ll316 on 10/10/2013 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Sometimes (although obviously not in the case of alblack's situation), the coach will jack everything up before they leave so if/when anyone takes over they won't get a behind the scenes look at how they coach.  
I have done this...
10/11/2013 8:49 AM
There have been players that *I* have recruited whom I've looked back on after a couple seasons and wondered what in the world I was thinking...
10/11/2013 11:34 AM
Other Coaches Teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.