I have read quite a bit about D3 coaches pulling down D2 quality players.  What I am not totally sure of is this.  When a D2 quality player is not getting recruited by D2 schools, will he begin appearing on the D3 level searches?  Or, do you need to search the D2 lists as well?

Thanks,

Chris
11/26/2013 8:22 PM
I know there's a guide floating around the forums that lays out the difference between dropdowns and pulldowns, but I don't have it saved.  In a nutshell, here's how it works.  Ideally, you should call the recruit or the coach first.  If you get a message that says "backup" in it, then it's possible for the D3 school to recruit the kid.  If the coach tells you you don't have a shot or the recruit himself laughs at you, then you have no shot at recruiting him, even if no D2 schools pursue him.  Once the D2 kid is either pulled down or drops down, then he'll appear on your D3 search.  If you called and got a backup message, the kid will send you an email letting you know he's dropped.  If you want to pull hm down, you can do so with 10 (ish) scouting trips (sometimes it takes more).  D2 kids start dropping to the highest prestige D3 schools earlier in the recruiting process than lower prestige D3 schools.  Hope that helps a little.
11/26/2013 9:36 PM
Yes...thanks.
11/26/2013 10:01 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 11/26/2013 9:36:00 PM (view original):
I know there's a guide floating around the forums that lays out the difference between dropdowns and pulldowns, but I don't have it saved.  In a nutshell, here's how it works.  Ideally, you should call the recruit or the coach first.  If you get a message that says "backup" in it, then it's possible for the D3 school to recruit the kid.  If the coach tells you you don't have a shot or the recruit himself laughs at you, then you have no shot at recruiting him, even if no D2 schools pursue him.  Once the D2 kid is either pulled down or drops down, then he'll appear on your D3 search.  If you called and got a backup message, the kid will send you an email letting you know he's dropped.  If you want to pull hm down, you can do so with 10 (ish) scouting trips (sometimes it takes more).  D2 kids start dropping to the highest prestige D3 schools earlier in the recruiting process than lower prestige D3 schools.  Hope that helps a little.
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=30&TopicID=468322&ThreadID=10211208#l_10211208
11/27/2013 4:06 PM (edited)
Are C- prestige D3 coaches pretty much left out in the cold on dropdowns?
11/27/2013 8:17 AM
Nope.  You'll still get dropdowns but less drop and later than for the higher prestige guys.   You can still get them.
11/27/2013 10:48 AM
Thanks...I think I will be in position to go after one or two next season.
11/27/2013 11:01 AM
At lower prestige, I tend to be more aggressive with pulldowns simply because fewer players will drop to you.
11/27/2013 1:37 PM
what darnoc said.

Use STs to pull the guys down to you. Just be careful with how much you spend because a guy with higher prestige may be doing the same and may pull the kid down faster and that's a battle you may not want to fight.

11/27/2013 2:39 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.