Perimeter 60       average
Ball Handling 30 low
Passing 40       low
Work Ethic 69
Stamina 67       high
Durability 60       low
FT Shooting C- average
11/26/2013 8:31 PM
besides his athleticism, this guy is a decent sf.  you probably can't start him because of that ath, but he isn't awful.  And whether you cut hit is more based on what the rest of your team looks like, and money you'll have available to recruit 1 player more than you are given money for.  But if his ath can get to 30, I'd be comfortable with him contributing, especially with high defense and a solid work ethic.
11/26/2013 8:48 PM
Yeah, the guy is a solid SF off the bench for 3 years, he can score and rebound pretty well. I probably wouldn't unless I was playing the press, b/c of that ATH. But I guess it does depend on the rest of the team like dan said too.
11/27/2013 11:42 AM
if you have plans on making a championship run in the tournament, I would lose him.

If you're goal is to have a slightly better than average season, then keep him.

11/28/2013 6:36 PM
yeah...just won the NT last year.  I'm wondering how he'll help me get back there...and I'm not seeing it
11/28/2013 9:50 PM
How I look it is, what does he do well?

He's an above average rebounder at the 3 and could probably hit some 3's as a 4?

He's NOT a good defender or  a real scorer.

If those two pieces are what your team needs I would keep him.   He's kindofa career backup and low minute player in my book.
11/28/2013 10:20 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 11/28/2013 9:50:00 PM (view original):
yeah...just won the NT last year.  I'm wondering how he'll help me get back there...and I'm not seeing it
makes it very easy. cut him, quick...
11/29/2013 12:17 AM
So just ballparking this but maxed out he would look like

Ath 30
Speed 50
Reb 50
Def 50
SB 34
LP 53
Per 70
BH 30
Pass 40

Obviously some ratings are going to be higher and some lower. Not going to give an opinion one way or the other but just a reference for what he might be as a senior. At 69 WE I would expect he should be able to max out too.

11/29/2013 1:39 AM
Given that you recruited him, I wouldn't take the risk of cutting him.  The odds of having another guy leave are higher than some people realize.  Yeah, he's never going to be a great player, or even a good one.  But he won't be bad enough that he's worth cutting at the risk of losing someone you're planning to build around...

This is exhibit A for why most coaches would rather take a walk-on over a guy who'll never develop into a great player.  Presumably he started with some very poor highs, in athleticism and at least one or two other things?  Bad gamble, basically.  But I think you just have to live with that and ride out the career, you can easily find a guy like that 8-10 minutes off the bench to shoot a few 3s and grab a few boards.
11/29/2013 5:05 AM
In almost 600 seasons of HD combined over three ID's, I've cut many, many players that I initially recruited and have yet to have a second player leave.  It can happen, sure, but the risk is extremely minimal.  Cut him.
11/30/2013 1:37 AM
Well, it's too late now.  I kept him as I wasn't sure I could fill the spot.  We'll see how he does this year and revisit the same question
11/30/2013 7:48 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 11/30/2013 7:48:00 AM (view original):
Well, it's too late now.  I kept him as I wasn't sure I could fill the spot.  We'll see how he does this year and revisit the same question
having a walk on this season and getting the cash for his spot next season would be an improvement over keeping him IMO,  and I expect that will still be the case after this season, and if the thread reappears, I'll pop back round again to suggest cutting him again later :)  Not a player that can help a championship team.
11/30/2013 11:58 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.