Reshirt during season Topic

I have a freshman who still hasn't played and we are midway through the conference season. Is there a point when you can redshirt a player and not see a hit to their work ethic? Logically, if a player realized they weren't going to play their freshman season it would seem like they would be glad to take a redshirt and get an extra year of eligibility.

Let me know what you guys think.
1/9/2014 9:44 AM
All you can do is try it and see.  There isn't a set formula as far as the RS is concerned.  
1/9/2014 10:01 AM
Posted by theluke on 1/9/2014 9:44:00 AM (view original):
I have a freshman who still hasn't played and we are midway through the conference season. Is there a point when you can redshirt a player and not see a hit to their work ethic? Logically, if a player realized they weren't going to play their freshman season it would seem like they would be glad to take a redshirt and get an extra year of eligibility.

Let me know what you guys think.
Had a guy who I accidentally left off the depth chart and for some reason didn't realize it until right before the CT.  I tried to redshirt the kid since he hadn't played all season and he threw a fit anyway.  This was within a couple months ago.
1/9/2014 10:48 AM
the point of the season is irrelevant to whether a kid will accept a redshirt. This is to prevent coaches from trying to 'force' a redshirt by waiting all season to try to apply it. Logically it makes sense that the kid should accept, but that's not how it works...
1/9/2014 1:12 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to just not redshirt him rather tick him off. There's a good chance I may not even be at the school long enough for it to matter.
1/10/2014 10:24 AM
You can always remove a redshirt if he flips out, and his WE will go right back up.      
1/10/2014 12:53 PM
I didn't know that artie. I don't think I've ever removed a redshirt. If that's true, I might as well give it a shot.
1/10/2014 3:15 PM

It is definitely true if the player is RS before the season starts. I've never tried it during the season, but I don't think that it would be different.

1/10/2014 5:38 PM
Reshirt during season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.