I just played a team and their PF played PG for a good portion against my best defender and dished out 6 assist.   Has anyone seen something ridiculous like that before? http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=10294975
1/16/2014 4:40 PM
I once started my conference POY SF @ PG in D2 for a season. He had the best BH and passing on the team, acceptable speed, and superb ATH. He excelled. I have never seen a post player play point before.
1/16/2014 5:01 PM
plus he had horrible BH(29) and Pass(41).
1/16/2014 5:10 PM
That team only has 2 guards and two SF's, and two of those four were in foul trouble. So I guess Simmy took the next highest-rated ballhandler (29 BH!) and stuck him at guard. That's pretty funny.
1/16/2014 6:15 PM
I also play my SF @ PG 70% of the time on my Tiffin team. He has the best passing, and 3rd best BH on my team. My real PG is a much better defender so I switch them depending where I need the better defense.
1/16/2014 6:53 PM
U guys are stating good players, but this guy plan sucks and he helped them win
1/16/2014 7:27 PM
Three steals too. 
1/16/2014 7:56 PM
Lol, thanks for rubbing it in.
1/16/2014 7:58 PM
This PF is second off the bench at PG and SG. He has the second best assist-to-turnover ratio on the team, despite very average BH and PAS.

http://whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2558223

The team lacks a natural second PG, so ive been experimenting. I think Haak's ATH helps a ton compared to other PG candidates.

http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=6288

Thought about starting all 5 PFs, but I don't have a Sim on the schedule.
1/16/2014 8:39 PM
I really didn't take an in-depth look at it, however it appears that the PF that was playing PG had some solid scoring options on his team. It's possible that he could've just made an easy pass from the top of the key to the wing or high post and the guy that scored did most of the work. If I had Kobe Bryant on my team, it wouldn't be that hard to get an assist.

I remember a long time ago, a D-3 coach started all centers and finished 29-2.

1/16/2014 9:44 PM
@thewizard, with ****** passing and BH I don't care if you have 3 Kobe's on a team. If you can't pass or dribble you should be turning the ball over at a high clip. IMO
1/17/2014 8:36 AM
doesn't this go back to lineups and playing your best players that help your team win? I have a SF who is a 94 ATH and 81 DEF but only 37/31 for BH/P.Would you guys play him at SG if the other teams leading scorer played the same position ( 64ath/82spd/82 pe/79 bh74 pass)
1/17/2014 7:22 PM
the simple answer is that assists are window dressing. just ignore them completely and the game makes more sense. for a while, assists WERE completely window dressing, but now after some changes they may be all window dressing or mostly window dressing. i would just ignore them.
1/19/2014 6:11 PM
Gillispie, just for my sake, I wanted to get some clarification. My understanding is passing helps allow for better shot selection and a byproduct is going to be better shooting percentages. It always seemed that assists were tied to passing abilities (to a degree). So would it not stand to reason that teams that average larger assist numbers generally will also see a correlation in shooting percentage?
1/20/2014 6:36 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/19/2014 6:11:00 PM (view original):
the simple answer is that assists are window dressing. just ignore them completely and the game makes more sense. for a while, assists WERE completely window dressing, but now after some changes they may be all window dressing or mostly window dressing. i would just ignore them.
This.

Also, they have things pretty hard-wired into certain positions -- IE, the same exact player slotted at pf or center will get more rebounds than if he's slotted at sf; the same exact player will get more assists if slotted at pg than at sf; etc. etc. It's annoyed me for so long that I've just sort of repressed it, but the OP gave us a perfect example of just how stupid it can be.
1/20/2014 8:40 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.