Where is the line? (thread locked, I believe) Topic

Thing is, I'm not being childish. Logic suggests that would apply to the people that are getting irrationally wrapped up about every single thing I say, do and even when I say or do it, tossing around wild accusations of handicap that are frankly insulting to all those that actually have it, never mind if someone with it is a client of yours. Amazing.

I really don't care about being respected by this community having seen how it acts toward those that are not part of its "circle". That's not a group of a people I wish to have accept me. All I wish is that you would show some civility, some decency and stop acting like a bunch of wild pack animals, or I want the site staff to step in and regulate, because obviously you all don't regulate yourselves or else you'd be making a speech to everyone else and not me. 

It hasn't been easy taking all the crap I've gotten and holding my tongue and maintaining my cool, and yet I've gotten zilch for it except more abuse, accusations up to and including mental handicap and psychological disorder, and numerous people accusing me of behavior that clearly better applies to them at this point.

Your point about "in a group with hundreds of people...it's you" is completely flawed. That kind of thinking is what has led to mass suicide, genocide, hazing rituals resulting in damage up to and including death, the widespread bullying problem in schools today, gang violence, and numerous other problems stemming from tyranny of the majority. By that logic, Yulia Tymoshenko was the problem in Ukraine by virtue of being the thorn in the side of a bunch of bad actors.

So honestly, if you want me to take this seriously and/or care about what what this group does beyond simply behaving like normal people and getting off my back, then make your speech to the group causing the problems rather than the one enduring them. Like you said, I've modified my activity, but no one else has modified theirs. Time for some give and take here.

2/23/2014 10:37 PM
So, Gillispie gives you GREAT advice, delivered in a kind way, and you compare it to the "kind of thinking [that] led to mass suicide, genocide, hazing rituals resulting in damage up to and including death, the widespread bullying problem in schools today, gang violence, and numerous other problems"?

That's amazing.
2/23/2014 10:46 PM
lulz....Nobody feels sorry for you.
2/23/2014 10:49 PM
I do like some of the class you brought in at marietta , etta. I would cut Larry Wilson he's not going to help you much. Continue to bring those high ath, speed, def, guys maybe look at one more guard with those high categories and good per , bh, pass.
2/23/2014 10:55 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/23/2014 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Thing is, I'm not being childish. Logic suggests that would apply to the people that are getting irrationally wrapped up about every single thing I say, do and even when I say or do it, tossing around wild accusations of handicap that are frankly insulting to all those that actually have it, never mind if someone with it is a client of yours. Amazing.

I really don't care about being respected by this community having seen how it acts toward those that are not part of its "circle". That's not a group of a people I wish to have accept me. All I wish is that you would show some civility, some decency and stop acting like a bunch of wild pack animals, or I want the site staff to step in and regulate, because obviously you all don't regulate yourselves or else you'd be making a speech to everyone else and not me. 

It hasn't been easy taking all the crap I've gotten and holding my tongue and maintaining my cool, and yet I've gotten zilch for it except more abuse, accusations up to and including mental handicap and psychological disorder, and numerous people accusing me of behavior that clearly better applies to them at this point.

Your point about "in a group with hundreds of people...it's you" is completely flawed. That kind of thinking is what has led to mass suicide, genocide, hazing rituals resulting in damage up to and including death, the widespread bullying problem in schools today, gang violence, and numerous other problems stemming from tyranny of the majority. By that logic, Yulia Tymoshenko was the problem in Ukraine by virtue of being the thorn in the side of a bunch of bad actors.

So honestly, if you want me to take this seriously and/or care about what what this group does beyond simply behaving like normal people and getting off my back, then make your speech to the group causing the problems rather than the one enduring them. Like you said, I've modified my activity, but no one else has modified theirs. Time for some give and take here.

I felt like I was completely unbiased and friendly, and tried to give you good advice. Yet you treated me like I had no clue what I was talking about and belittled me, which is why I stopped trying. There are some good people around here (although I avoid the forums because of this behavior for the most part) that you have simply bullied, until they all started bullying you.

I'm not saying some veterans aren't bullying you-- but your hands are not clean either. You definitely aren't the victim. I'd argue the victims are the people having to endure this incessant arguing that is permeating the boards and causing such a disruption that there are no good discussions going on.

What ever happened to two people shaking hands and putting something behind them? The blame falls both ways here, as it does in any issue.
2/23/2014 10:59 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/23/2014 9:20:00 PM (view original):
Is it when you get cursed at like crazy like nacho?
When you're accused of being handicapped like headpirate?
Or when you're just harassed at every turn, with every post, when your posts are being monitored for timing, when you're being accused of everything under the sun when you're actually being the calm one and keeping things together in the face of this constant harassment?

And when does someone say enough is enough? When do you veterans start regulating your own? 

I'm asking, because this has all gone ridiculously far beyond anywhere near appropriate.

Look, I served my ban, i did my time and whatever debt I owed to the community I paid. I do not deserve what has happened since then and none of you would ever deserve it either.

So I'm asking...where does it stop? When does it end? Do you all just gang up on people forever once you've decided you don't like them? This is quite possibly the most inhospitable message board environment I have ever seen for such a product. It's an embarrassment to the site and hopefully they see that.
I did not accuse you or anyone else of being handicapped. Furthermore, while I noted psychological conditions as part of broader point, I did not state those psychological conditions were in fact handicaps.
2/23/2014 11:03 PM

you have modified... some. many of us (myself included) have also tried to moderate with you, things have definitely toned down from the first thread on both sides.

you missed the most valuable part of the advice i gave. lay low for a while, let it blow over. you ****** off basically every user who reads this forum regularly in that 70 page abomination of a thread - which, to my knowledge, is the only thread in the entire history of HD that was deleted by admins. it is literally the worst thread ever to exist on HD forums, and that is saying something. i'm not saying you get all the credit, it makes us all look bad, everyone who engages with you on that low level. but anyway, you aren't going to get a fair shake in a day. you just can't expect to come from the worst thread in HD history to everybody acting like nothing happened overnight. besides, people other than the few who really got into it with you tried to give you real answers in those 2 other threads you started, and you weren't very nice to them. im not saying everybody else WAS without fault, we did start to mess with you pretty early in those threads (after a decent # of reasonable responses had been given to you - from my standpoint - i think you just had your guard up still).

so, if you take a bit of time off, try again, i really think you will find most of us are happy to try to give you legitimate responses. for my part, im happy to abstain from posting in these random threads created at your expense and to give you another chance. you have to admit... you did provide a rather large body of material for people to work with. but it will get old in a few days, maybe a week, tops (its already getting old - look at the quality of these other threads - clearly gone downhill). just be a bit patient - you are asking us all to be patient with you - and things will come around.
2/23/2014 11:29 PM
You got to expect a little hazing when you start HD. I got some in 2008 when i first started. The only way you get even is not to say anything and try to build your team to be as good as nachopuzzle squad in that conference. So beating him on the court gets you even. Falling into the hazing will get you fighting with everyone eventually to where no one will want to give you advice or some tips on how to build a winner. My advice on building that winner do the opposite of me and rack up the titles.
2/23/2014 11:44 PM
I find it amusing that someone who was challenging people to fights and who had the bitter d*** says he held his tongue and kept his cool. Moving on
2/24/2014 12:08 AM
i think i am the one you are most upset with etta... and i was pretty ruthless with you far into that thread. i am generally very helpful here and in life, but i have a bad habit of being a total ******* to people i perceive as being pricks, once they've taken it far enough (i don't jump on people for 1 mean comment but after so many, i do). its true in life and on the forums, and i think sometimes i take it too far. so i apologize for my part. there are a lot of people who were genuinely trying to help you, who you really were not too nice to, and i hope you will keep that in mind in your future posts.
2/24/2014 12:14 AM
How's it going erickson, I was that p-head when i first started also. 
2/24/2014 12:15 AM

Step one is admitting you have a problem. You are stuck on step zero. People are not going to be helpful to someone who, through his reactions continues to show that he doesn't want help but instead merely validation. When you stop with the pretense that you have 'done nothing wrong' and are 'just a victim' then that will be the day that you might start getting other reactions.

At some point you might try starting a thread which involves no self puffery, no attacks, asks a question ... And then respond to the genuine attempts at an answer in a calm and reasonable manner instead of going off and getting angry that people dare contradict you. I think you would be surprised at the response said thread would get.
2/24/2014 12:39 AM (edited)
How's it going A? You should join us in Crum in the midwest conference
2/24/2014 12:36 AM
Heh. Well, right now I would need the money tree to shake free a few more leaves to add another team.
2/24/2014 12:40 AM
heh.
2/24/2014 12:43 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Where is the line? (thread locked, I believe) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.