I love coach k!!!!!!! Just can't do 2 a day
2/24/2014 6:40 PM
I would be excited to join a brand new 2 a day world
2/24/2014 6:41 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 2/24/2014 4:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm waiting for Boeheim world.
a couple more technicals and ejections and they might create one
2/24/2014 6:47 PM
I would be ridiculously excited to join a new 2 a day world.
2/24/2014 6:56 PM
I'm game.
2/24/2014 7:52 PM
Would jump at the opportunity to get in on a new world.

To the veterans out there, how did they handle the opening of new worlds in the past?  Was there a rush to find the best D3 as soon as they were revealed?  I imagine the worlds would just be chaos for the first couple of seasons.
2/24/2014 8:03 PM
i would definitely do this
2/24/2014 8:48 PM
NO.

Second. Worst. Idea. Ever.

(For those scoring at home, the worst is the one where they force veteran coaches into retirement.)

They know they made a tragic mistake by opening too many worlds, too fast in the first place. Not gonna happen again, thankfully.

2/24/2014 8:50 PM
Posted by girt25 on 2/24/2014 8:50:00 PM (view original):
NO.

Second. Worst. Idea. Ever.

(For those scoring at home, the worst is the one where they force veteran coaches into retirement.)

They know they made a tragic mistake by opening too many worlds, too fast in the first place. Not gonna happen again, thankfully.

Not surprised that longtimers or deeply entrenched Big 6 coaches might not see the attraction of a new world. They get to enjoy a superior gaming experience for the same nickel. A new world creates opportunities for others to join in the fun. If you don't limit the number of seasons someone can hog a program, you have to open a new world every so often. The worlds are empty at D1 now in part because of the unequal gaming experience.

Count me in.
2/24/2014 9:04 PM (edited)
Posted by bro_lunardi on 2/24/2014 8:03:00 PM (view original):
Would jump at the opportunity to get in on a new world.

To the veterans out there, how did they handle the opening of new worlds in the past?  Was there a rush to find the best D3 as soon as they were revealed?  I imagine the worlds would just be chaos for the first couple of seasons.
When Knight opened they announced the date and time sign-ups would occur and it filled lightning quick. I tried to shop around through the teams, but when I tried to get them they were already filled. So I picked whatever team I could that wasn't already picked.

Then they announced Phelan and it was a collective WTF from the HD community.

The problem with new worlds is simple, you end up spreading the coaches out. Many people will drop the worlds they are in, to join the new one. That's not good.

2/24/2014 9:54 PM
I would join but stinenavy has a very good point as does MyGeneration.  I think whatifsports could attract a lot of users, especially since there are many people out there who just started recently joining in on the fantasy sports trends but with zero marketing and advertising going on it kind of defeats the purpose of a new world.
2/24/2014 10:39 PM
I would join.
2/24/2014 10:44 PM
Boeheim world - but you have to remove your jacket to play
2/24/2014 10:58 PM
I'm in if it happens
2/25/2014 12:38 AM
Although a women's coach, wouldn't mind seeing an Auriemma world open up. 8 national championships and 14 Final 4's.
2/25/2014 2:59 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Krzyzewski 2-a-day world - Need Coaches! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.