In Allen ... 38% of the teams have human coaches in D1.  47% of the teams in D2 have human coaches.   D2 has 131 coaches for 276 teams, D1 has 124 coaches for 324 teams.  Why?
3/20/2014 12:09 PM
D2 is a better game!
3/20/2014 12:14 PM
Is it the fact that D2 is an even playing field while D1 has the silly baseline conference prestige?
3/20/2014 12:17 PM
DI costs more if you're not a power team.
3/20/2014 12:22 PM
I too believe that D2 is the best place to play!
3/20/2014 1:33 PM
Look at the championship history for D1, Allen is a 2 conference world. In seasons 43-69 the ACC has won 21 NTs, the Big-12 6, and all other conferences 0. In those 27 seasons only 5 teams outside of those 2 conferences even made the title game.
3/20/2014 3:14 PM
Quite simply, it's harder to make D1 than it is D2...and I am of the ilk that D2 is the best division in this game as well.
3/20/2014 9:34 PM
D1 is pretty much a stagnate game in that if you are not a total superior coach you are stuck in mediocrity. The BCS schools dominate and the openings are usually out of the reach of just the good coaches. With the desk stacked against you its just better to play in D2.
3/20/2014 10:59 PM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/20/2014 10:59:00 PM (view original):
D1 is pretty much a stagnate game in that if you are not a total superior coach you are stuck in mediocrity. The BCS schools dominate and the openings are usually out of the reach of just the good coaches. With the desk stacked against you its just better to play in D2.
Perfect description of why D1 is no fun after a while.  I would rather the elite qualifications be dropped so "good" Coaches could qualify, and have the firing time at the elite level increased so if you are good, you had better perform, or be fired.  I see this as a way of making the HD Game fresh for the most of us.  All we want is a sniff at an elite.

It is no different from RT where a Coach with a good record get the chance every once in a while, but he had better perform for the boosters!

3/21/2014 9:06 AM
D2 is the place to be. It is the fairest playing field. D1 is stagnate. There are not enough firings. It is all about baseline prestige and recruiting.
3/21/2014 11:15 AM
I used to think D2 was the better game, but after playing D1 for a while I have come to respect the level for what it is. It's about patience, it's about taking risks, and team building is probably the most important skill. You have to know what players you can sign and who has the potential to become great. You can battle at D2 for recruits, but nothing compares to recruiting in D1 with all the posturing and the attention to detail that is required not to make a mistake. Even with all the money big 6 conferences earn - all coaches do not manage it properly and when that happens you have to pay attention so you know when to make a move. I don't think D2 is better, it's a simpler game and it should be - it's D2. 
3/21/2014 11:56 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.