Recruiting Question Topic

for when seble reads this and decides to yell at me for talking to etta -
hey seble, everything here, to my understanding, is said in fun and games. i took no offense from anything etta said and i doubt he took offense from anything i said. it was all friendly banter. even that USSR part.

but, if it makes you feel better to ban me for a while, feel free ;) i have like 501239875 other accounts i can post on, all of which have secret teams in tark, all of which are within 1000 miles of kansas (mwahahaha). 

its time for bed, good night etta, and hopefully, nobody else. you'd have to be crazy to be still reading by now, but... 

4/25/2014 3:33 AM (edited)
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 3:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 3:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 3:22:00 AM (view original):
well now you're actively working against me  I give up.

Good night gents and etta.
So you think billyg is more than one person now?

Derp. I guess that's what happens when you're so wrapped up about trying to get someone banned. Your mental issues take over your faculties.
no, I believe I was talking to billyg and nachopuzzle, though I doubt anyone has ever called the two of them gents before. Seeing as you can't seem to count to 2 I really am pleased that those expensive airplanes pretty much flew themselves, or so I hear...
Nacho hasn't posted in a while.

You want to just go ahead and wish the entire board a pleasant evening?

Obvious bait is obvious.
4/25/2014 3:33 AM
not too worry billy, I didn't need your good night blessings anyways....I don't sleep, haha.
4/25/2014 3:34 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/25/2014 3:33:00 AM (view original):
for when seble reads this and decides to yell at me for talking to etta -
hey seble, everything here, to my understanding, is said in fun and games. i took no offense from anything etta said and i doubt he took offense from anything i said. it was all friendly banter. even that USSR part.

but, if it makes you feel better to ban me for a while, feel free ;) i have like 501239875 other accounts i can post on, all of which have secret teams in tark, all of which are within 1000 miles of kansas (mwahahaha). 

its time for bed, good night etta, and hopefully, nobody else. you'd have to be crazy to be still reading by now, but... 

You think way too much of yourself (again) to consider this friendly anything. For that you'd have to be a friend, and you fall woefully short of that.
4/25/2014 3:35 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 2:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 2:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 2:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 2:44:00 AM (view original):
I am fairly certain you can parse that post of mine however you like and unless calling someone a martyr is an attack I don't see it. You might get me on language, but I imagine I'd get off with a warning. Go ahead though - the only reason I'm still up watching is hoping you mess up and go over the line so I can blow you in. I'm not ashamed to say it.

I tried, many times to help you. I am not kind enough to be told that my help is worthless and that I am trying to provide misinformation as the only way I can win games against new players as you continue to insinuate vets are doing and let it slide. So, do carry on, and lets see where the chips wind up, ok?
You should be ashamed to say it. You must truly have a trite and meaningless life. 

I really don't care what you do. You can report me right now if you want. Go for it. I'm probably 95% leaving when the meter runs out anyway.
nothing to report - yet. But I have faith. You've never let me down before...

I said hell earlier. Report that. 

I'm so glad I don't have as low a value on my time as to sit around looking for something about which to gripe and complain to site admin. 
4/25/2014 3:35 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 3:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 4/25/2014 3:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 2:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 2:36:00 AM (view original):
Jeff, you are one of the smartest dudes I know, so you must be drunk. If he tells you what you are asking and you provide the answers he "seeks" he won't be able to be the martyr and tell everyone how much the game sucks and we are all ******** for not telling him exactly how to play it, except that if we try to do that he gets pissy because we treat him like a child. Would that I could, he'd get to go to his room for like ever.

Is it not telling that this is his first day with posting rights again and already everyone is an elitest ***** who only wants to belittle him and no one answers his questions, except for the literally dozens of posts by you and many others answering the damn question?

Maybe if we actually do treat him like he thinks he's being treated he really will just go the eff away. Or at least maybe he'll offer to meet one of us in an airport to presumably kick our *** and get banned from posting some more, maybe for good this time...
You should be banned for all the foul language in this post. But if I report you, I get banned because...well, I don't know why, but that's how this has worked so far. I get blamed for being attacked.

What a freaking hypocrite. 
Nope, when you get banned again it will be for post like this in the OAC in Rupp...merely 3 hours ago.

4/25
12:06 AM
ettaexpress Northwood
(GLIAC)
You should probably dig a little deeper up your ***.

At least dac didn't cuss at you, like you were cussing at TJ in that post. Remind me again, who exactly is the hypocrite?
Did I ever make any claim that I hadn't broken any rule? No...in fact I POINTED OUT where I had!

Typical stuff from a typically confused and unintelligent person.
4/25/2014 3:36 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 3:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 3:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 3:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/25/2014 3:22:00 AM (view original):
well now you're actively working against me  I give up.

Good night gents and etta.
So you think billyg is more than one person now?

Derp. I guess that's what happens when you're so wrapped up about trying to get someone banned. Your mental issues take over your faculties.
no, I believe I was talking to billyg and nachopuzzle, though I doubt anyone has ever called the two of them gents before. Seeing as you can't seem to count to 2 I really am pleased that those expensive airplanes pretty much flew themselves, or so I hear...
Nacho hasn't posted in a while.

You want to just go ahead and wish the entire board a pleasant evening?

Obvious bait is obvious.
nacho's last post was 9 minutes before mine. Could you please tell me what an acceptable time differential is so I don't misspeak again?
4/25/2014 3:37 AM
It's been a long time since somebody called me "bait", I'm flattered yo.
4/25/2014 3:41 AM
An acceptable time differential between a post of mine and a post of yours = the amount of time it took Nellie Bly to circumnavigate the Earth.

Hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing your reply to this message as well as any stories you may have from the Independence Day holiday.
4/25/2014 3:43 AM
TL/DR
4/25/2014 4:42 AM
Jesus people, way to ruin a good thread.  Ain't nobody got time to read all that.
4/25/2014 9:44 AM
for what its worth, ive heard this theory several times, that the pulldown point is different from the considering point. with undecided recruits, i don't believe thats true, i've tried too many incremental 1-2SV/1HV cycles to buy that (then again, it could have changed, this is years ago). minimally, i think that gap is very small. for players already considering a school, i absolutely think killbatman is right, you are able to recruit a player straight away before the considering point (assuming the other school has a lot of effort in). however, i also think killbatman's comments, which i believe are generally the most accurate and insightful in this thread, omit an occurrence which i do believe exists - where multiple people try to pull a recruit down, the recruit considers nobody, yet both coaches have sent upwards of 20 SVs and try HVs and they still do not work. its been so long its hard to say for sure, but im almost positive i experienced this myself, after being suspicious of a number of reports on the forums. i think what makes the finer points of pulldowns so complex are these two caveats - but i think they are in fact two distinct caveats, not just one - where players already considering someone, and players being pulled down by 2 schools simultaneously, behave differently than "normal" pulldowns. they seem to take more effort to pull down, despite considering no one. i also think for schools already considering someone, the "pulldown point" can be (but isn't always) different than the regular pulldown point, but i'm not sure about that.
Attempting to get back on track, I wanted to respond to something in this paragraph.  I bolded the sentence above.

I freely admit this might exist and I haven't really seen it personally, but this does NOT match my experience.  I can remember a fair number of times, as a D3 school, where myself and another coach pulled down a player at the same time and both showed up.  Comparing notes afterwards, we both used the same 10SV+offer.  I can remember a few where it was 13SV vs 10SV and both still showed up at the same time.  I've read the 'escalating with 2 teams' scenario on the forums before, but just haven't seen that myself.
4/25/2014 9:49 AM
Frankly some of the comments I glazed over about "not providing specifics in this thread" are pretty obnoxious.  I spelled out in complete detail exactly how I pulled down a player recently (even threw in a bonus if people caught it, that it was D3 to D1, which I know everyone isn't aware is possible). 

Plus, it was from a world that was and still is actively recruiting.  Oh noes.  Don't tell anyone..they might come steal my player now that they know I spent money on him.
4/25/2014 10:00 AM
Posted by killbatman on 4/25/2014 9:49:00 AM (view original):
for what its worth, ive heard this theory several times, that the pulldown point is different from the considering point. with undecided recruits, i don't believe thats true, i've tried too many incremental 1-2SV/1HV cycles to buy that (then again, it could have changed, this is years ago). minimally, i think that gap is very small. for players already considering a school, i absolutely think killbatman is right, you are able to recruit a player straight away before the considering point (assuming the other school has a lot of effort in). however, i also think killbatman's comments, which i believe are generally the most accurate and insightful in this thread, omit an occurrence which i do believe exists - where multiple people try to pull a recruit down, the recruit considers nobody, yet both coaches have sent upwards of 20 SVs and try HVs and they still do not work. its been so long its hard to say for sure, but im almost positive i experienced this myself, after being suspicious of a number of reports on the forums. i think what makes the finer points of pulldowns so complex are these two caveats - but i think they are in fact two distinct caveats, not just one - where players already considering someone, and players being pulled down by 2 schools simultaneously, behave differently than "normal" pulldowns. they seem to take more effort to pull down, despite considering no one. i also think for schools already considering someone, the "pulldown point" can be (but isn't always) different than the regular pulldown point, but i'm not sure about that.
Attempting to get back on track, I wanted to respond to something in this paragraph.  I bolded the sentence above.

I freely admit this might exist and I haven't really seen it personally, but this does NOT match my experience.  I can remember a fair number of times, as a D3 school, where myself and another coach pulled down a player at the same time and both showed up.  Comparing notes afterwards, we both used the same 10SV+offer.  I can remember a few where it was 13SV vs 10SV and both still showed up at the same time.  I've read the 'escalating with 2 teams' scenario on the forums before, but just haven't seen that myself.
Took awhile to get here, but ....

I've spent $5k+ at D3 trying to pull down a D2 guy with no progress made at all.  My assumption was that another coach was also trying to pull down at the same time. It was awhile ago, so I don't have exacts on hand, but I do think it's possible for two competing coaches trying to pull the same player to wash each others efforts out to an extent.

That being said, pulldowns usually work as all of you have said (obviously).  I like that I never know exactly what it will take, to me it would be boring to click the "sign this guy" button, I like that there's a whole range of things that lead to a class being signed.   
4/25/2014 10:41 AM
Posted by killbatman on 4/25/2014 9:49:00 AM (view original):

you might be right, there is at least something fishy going on as to sometimes needing way more SVs. what the root cause is, really, i am not sure of that.
4/25/2014 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...15 Next ▸
Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.