April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Posted by terps21234 on 4/28/2014 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 4/28/2014 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Yeah you have!!!!  Cussing at people, telling them they're idiots, stupid, ********, dumb, morons, etc.. is doing something. Being a jackass everytime something doesn't go your way is doing smoething wrong. I can go on if you want?
You mean like you called me an idiot in great big letters?

Physician, heal thyself.
ABSOLUTELY, EYE FOR AN EYE
LOL such a wonderful board jester you all have here. Endlessly entertaining. 

Reminds me of "When in Rome" in Anchorman...just completely missing the mark. Such comic genius. I'm truly impressed.
4/28/2014 3:41 PM
@ettaexpress:  terps21234, kmasonbx, gillispie1, wildcat98, jibe, mullycj, a_in_the_b, and I have all told you in this thread that you need to dial it back a bit if you want to interact with people here. 

How hard do you think it is to get us all to agree on any one thing?

Since we never do, it should be obvious (even to you) that you are being completely obnoxious here ...

4/28/2014 3:42 PM
Well, that was 2 pages of people hijacking a thread just to express their hatred of me...

Anyone have anything constructive to say, anything that might actually result in substantive improvement of the game? I've made a number of suggestions, and comments on other suggestions, in the last several days -- and I don't even know if I plan on staying in the game! 

Probably not because the problem is most of you lack enough knowledge of real basketball to be able to make reasonable suggestions. Which is where I come in, but you all resent that and can't get past someone you regard as an inferior having more useful things to say about improving the game than you do. 

gillispie has flat out said in the past he doesn't know much about actual basketball. So given that, why is there such a problem with me offering my extensive insights and perspective toward improvement of a simulation of *basketball*!

Deny all you want, but if you repel that knowledge, then it looks like you're doing it for a reason, and the most logical of those would be because you don't want to see the game look more like real basketball because most of you don't know much about it and it would make you the ones at the bottom of the learning curve.

So...who has something substantive to say?

4/28/2014 3:48 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/28/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
@ettaexpress:  terps21234, kmasonbx, gillispie1, wildcat98, jibe, mullycj, a_in_the_b, and I have all told you in this thread that you need to dial it back a bit if you want to interact with people here. 

How hard do you think it is to get us all to agree on any one thing?

Since we never do, it should be obvious (even to you) that you are being completely obnoxious here ...

Why should I "dial it back"? Because you all don't like what I'm saying? I'm not being insulting toward anyone even as I am being insulted. I'm trying my very best to stay well within bounds and some have taken notice of that even if the WUMs deny it.

"Dial it back" means to stifle, to hush, to curtail. I don't see what I have done to warrant being asked to "stifle" by the Archie Bunkers of the board.
4/28/2014 3:51 PM
Please stop this nonsense, Ettaexpress.
4/28/2014 3:52 PM
Since around the time of my "toxic" post in another thread, and I'm certainly not claiming credit, etta has been participating in the forums in a totally just-fine way.  Doesn't mean you have to like him.  I'll confess that I don't.  That's why I dislike saying:

terps, mully, you guys are being the dicks now.  Reel yourselves in.  The other disagreements are playing out civilly.

4/28/2014 3:53 PM
Much appreciated, llama. 
4/28/2014 3:57 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/28/2014 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Since around the time of my "toxic" post in another thread, and I'm certainly not claiming credit, etta has been participating in the forums in a totally just-fine way.  Doesn't mean you have to like him.  I'll confess that I don't.  That's why I dislike saying:

terps, mully, you guys are being the dicks now.  Reel yourselves in.  The other disagreements are playing out civilly.

Read back through the last few pages of this thread. I see months of accumulated frustration with a problem user who's blaming everyone but himself boiling over.
4/28/2014 3:58 PM
Let me poke you with a stick for a week straight, and let a bunch of my other friends take turns poking you with sticks when I get tired of it, and see if you don't get a little annoyed.

That said, I think I'm doing just fine. I just try to remind myself that none of you have the slightest idea what you're talking about. You don't know me, most of you don't know anything about basketball, all you know is this (and whatever else you have in your life, but irrelevant to this discussion). You're like North Koreans being introduced to this strange idea of representative government. 
4/28/2014 4:04 PM
wildcat: I see that too.  It's boiling over, but he's not provoking it like before.  He's not the deranged one right now.

etta: I still think you're a big dumb butt with a big fat face, and I'm sure you think that about me too.  That's fine and healthy.  Good luck keeping things on an even-ish keel.

4/28/2014 4:04 PM
LOL is funny because I have huge head.

However, mine tuchis very smart.
4/28/2014 4:05 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/28/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
wildcat: I see that too.  It's boiling over, but he's not provoking it like before.  He's not the deranged one right now.

etta: I still think you're a big dumb butt with a big fat face, and I'm sure you think that about me too.  That's fine and healthy.  Good luck keeping things on an even-ish keel.

You don't see claiming that most of us "know nothing about basketball" (I've coached for 10+ years) is provoking it? He did that, literally, in the post right above yours.
4/28/2014 4:06 PM
That said, I think I'm doing just fine. I just try to remind myself that none of you have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

yeah llama ...I'm sure us not posting will keep etta civil..LMFAO
4/28/2014 4:09 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 4/28/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):

You don't see claiming that most of us "know nothing about basketball" (I've coached for 10+ years) is provoking it? He did that, literally, in the post right above yours.
I don't think that's unacceptable. It's not like what was happening before. That's classic "You don't know your *** from your elbow" kind of stuff. Ho-hum.
4/28/2014 4:11 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 4/28/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):

You're quite an exception, in that case. 
4/28/2014 4:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.