Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Posted by wildcat98 on 4/28/2014 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Your jucos aren't BAD, but IMO they're not GREAT either. Your freshman are both complete projects, that may be starter quality by their JR or SR years. Of course all of this is predicated on potentials. IMO, you're undervaluing Ath in your recruiting.
I don't really want a team with just a bunch of ATH monsters. I think that's pretty boring and really doesn't work well in real life. Nothing's more common than a team of athletic players that underachieve because they aren't very good at basketball.

Well I don't know what you consider great but Crawford will probably be the most talented guard in the conference next year and Godina likely the best SF assuming he gets to play there rather than out of position.
4/28/2014 7:55 PM
You can really say whatever you want at this point etta, because on my WORST day in this game, I was never even close to SE7EN!!!!!!! WALK-ONS....SEVEN.
4/28/2014 8:01 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/28/2014 8:01:00 PM (view original):
You can really say whatever you want at this point etta, because on my WORST day in this game, I was never even close to SE7EN!!!!!!! WALK-ONS....SEVEN.
Um...great. Cookie?
4/28/2014 8:05 PM
Your 0-27 season will be satisfaction enough.
4/28/2014 8:13 PM
That won't get you any closer to winning anything, will it?
4/28/2014 8:21 PM
You've been to how many NTs? Won how many NT games? Made how many NT finals?
4/28/2014 8:29 PM
You've played how many seasons and not won a piece of commemorative walnut? 40? 50? 
4/28/2014 8:37 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 4/28/2014 2:07:00 PM (view original):
It's everyone else's fault that ettaexpress can't read and comprehend the FAQ.
And this is what I deal with. I start a perfectly innocuous thread and some pissant has to try to make it about them and their hatred of me, and then I'll get blamed for it.

hahaaha, L-U-L-Z, what part of blaming the boards and the people on it for your own massive incompetency would be considered "perfectly innocuous".

Excuse me, but I've got a meeting back on planet earth.
4/28/2014 8:39 PM
Well who would you blame for a misinformation issue other the people that provided said information? Regardless, you might want to learn what words mean before you question the use of them.

Maybe pick up a dictionary when you make it back to Earth.
4/28/2014 8:43 PM
I am not trying t o be a dick but what misinformation were you given? I asked before but it probably got lost in the pages of drivel.
4/28/2014 8:50 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Well who would you blame for a misinformation issue other the people that provided said information? Regardless, you might want to learn what words mean before you question the use of them.

Maybe pick up a dictionary when you make it back to Earth.
Hahaha, it's your fault for not reading the information that was clearly put forward by the site...pawning it off on the people around you is one of the biggest BS moves I've seen in a while.
4/28/2014 9:20 PM
Posted by scaturo on 4/28/2014 8:50:00 PM (view original):
I am not trying t o be a dick but what misinformation were you given? I asked before but it probably got lost in the pages of drivel.
I read the original thread.  The info given was good info, the same info I've read numerous times on this board and followed when I was learning the game and still use to this day.  It was his interpretation of the information that was lacking.
4/28/2014 9:31 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/28/2014 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 4/28/2014 10:29:00 AM (view original):

11 openings is hard - but one can handle it.  Views may differ, but I think about it this way

- you get money for 6 schollies plus any post season money
- your team wont be good the first season anyhow
- so, sign some guys very cheaply with promises of starts and/or minutes helping - let them start
- sign some jucos/transfers - you MUST since a class cannot exceed 6 players (also in FAQ somewhere)
- spend big on a couple of guys who will be excellent players in the long term

Yeah I knew you couldn't have more than 6 in a class (not sure why you'd want to anyway).

I would think it would be pretty well impossible to sign 11 good players. I wasn't even trying for 11, more like 7-8 (at least half jucos) and I still ran out of money. I guess if you wanted to sign dreck to fill the roster you could, but don't really see the help in that.

Really should have signed about 2 more I feel. Doesn't make sense that you can come in late and have the same impact as someone that's been recruiting a guy from the start. 

this makes me wonder... didn't superclasses get cut long after the 6 scholarship limit? like, you only had money for 6, but it was still causing major problems that people were signing 10-12 freshman and then wrecked everyone as seniors (and maybe juniors)... at least that's how I remember it. 

anyway, its definitely way harder to fill up 10 spots with 6 now, even other than the class limit, because of the cost of FSS and the need to scout the players you sign. i wonder if the superclass restriction is really even necessary anymore now that potential exists? not suggesting we get rid of it of course :) just would be interesting to see what coaches would do superclass wise now that FSS exists.
I would porkpower one of my teams in a heartbeat, just because it's a fun challenge. 
4/28/2014 9:40 PM
Posted by hawkstang on 4/28/2014 9:31:00 PM (view original):
I read the original thread.  The info given was good info, the same info I've read numerous times on this board and followed when I was learning the game and still use to this day.  It was his interpretation of the information that was lacking.
Whatever dude. It's really not as if one can take this board to be unbiased where I'm concerned anyway.

Bottom line is the board maxim was that it takes 10 STs in most cases to pull down a player, when that didn't turn out to even be close to true in any of my cases, and it was admitted later that it is very often not true in general. 

Further it's been often said on this board that you get money in balance with scholarships available. That turned out not to be true either. So you can say that I somehow should have known that those were wrong, but the fact remains that it was wrong, and replacing board hearsay with a comprehensive set of instructions/readme would go a long way toward dealing with those problems and issues where people disagree, or people's information contradicts each other, and so on. 

Minus these combined information lapses and ambiguities and with the best and most accurate information, I may have chosen a different team -- likely would have -- and very possibly made different recruiting choices. And contrary to the haters' party line here, I've never said that I don't have things to learn or that I haven't done a lot of the things they suggest to do in learning, but a better system of managing information would go a long way toward making that easier for every player, and probably increase retention rate, which translates to revenue for the site. The only reason not to do it is if it was going to cost time and money, but honestly, I bet seble could get some of you all to do it for him. 
4/28/2014 10:13 PM
No, it got lost in the "I got more than enough of you last season in the OAC, and don't really care to have any contact or conversation with you and am frankly surprised you do."
4/28/2014 10:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.