Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

At this point etta, you really should lose the misinformation line about the 6 schollie limit.  Its in the FAQ.  Its in lots of threads.  When folks say that more schollies mean more money, it is true, subject to the 6 schollie limit - and it isnt misinformation when folks make statements and dont list all the exceptions or limits on the statement.  You were lazy, didnt look at FAQ or you would have remembered the 6 schollie limit.  You also should read the dev chats - they are better than random forum threads.  Go back and read the old ones and you will better understand the game

i see that you are trying to converse and appreciate it.  I am joining in that spirit - but we all make mistakes.  You blew it - dont blame others.  Read the FAQ and the old dev chats.
4/28/2014 10:25 PM
As folks have noted, 11 openings is tough.  But your guys will improve and next year you can follow improved recruiting tactics in filling the remaining openings.  Please dont hesitate to ask questions - although I confess that I cant shed much light on pulldowns.  Been ages since I did much of that.  But ask and many folks will try hard to be constructive.  I will.
4/28/2014 10:27 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 8:37:00 PM (view original):
You've played how many seasons and not won a piece of commemorative walnut? 40? 50? 
You're not even worthy enough to sprinkle my shaved pubes in your soup and you're trying to talk junk to me...child please.
4/28/2014 10:38 PM
I do not understand at all about the misinformation concerning recruiting funds for a maximum of six scholarships. Did you never look at the recruiting dollars available and make a calculation in your head?
4/28/2014 10:40 PM
Etta, I could swear that I don't even see the plastic and metallic paint NT participation trophy in your case?
4/28/2014 10:45 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by scaturo on 4/28/2014 8:50:00 PM (view original):
I am not trying t o be a dick but what misinformation were you given? I asked before but it probably got lost in the pages of drivel.
No, it got lost in the "I got more than enough of you last season in the OAC, and don't really care to have any contact or conversation with you and am frankly surprised you do."
Well then, ok. Have a swell night.
4/28/2014 11:02 PM
Posted by metsmax on 4/28/2014 10:27:00 PM (view original):
As folks have noted, 11 openings is tough.  But your guys will improve and next year you can follow improved recruiting tactics in filling the remaining openings.  Please dont hesitate to ask questions - although I confess that I cant shed much light on pulldowns.  Been ages since I did much of that.  But ask and many folks will try hard to be constructive.  I will.
Thanks, I appreciate it. We'll see if I stay around or with this team. Depends on how wretched this season is probably.

If I had known you only get money for 6, I probably would have taken a team with about 8 openings. Oh well, can't undo it now.
4/28/2014 11:17 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/28/2014 10:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 8:37:00 PM (view original):
You've played how many seasons and not won a piece of commemorative walnut? 40? 50? 
You're not even worthy enough to sprinkle my shaved pubes in your soup and you're trying to talk junk to me...child please.
Why the heck would anyone want to do this? You just doesn't make a bit of sense.
4/28/2014 11:18 PM
Posted by cbriese on 4/28/2014 10:40:00 PM (view original):
I do not understand at all about the misinformation concerning recruiting funds for a maximum of six scholarships. Did you never look at the recruiting dollars available and make a calculation in your head?
Fair question. I don't really know how to answer it except that I didn't. I'd only had like 3 scholarships in D3 at most in a season so wasn't something I had a ton of reference points on. But I took the team thinking they would have more recruiting money than anyone, and never really saw anything to make me question that until it was too late, I guess.
4/28/2014 11:20 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Well who would you blame for a misinformation issue other the people that provided said information? Regardless, you might want to learn what words mean before you question the use of them.

Maybe pick up a dictionary when you make it back to Earth.
You should blame yourself for not getting the information easily available from the FAQ.

You're a great example of what some people think is wrong with society. You make a mistake and point fingers at everyone else. Take some responsibility without the caveats.

Also like I said in an earlier post in this thread, join some more HD worlds. It will help with your progression on the game. Going through an 0-27 season is going to be torture. Might as well get another team and learn from your mistakes.
4/28/2014 11:58 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cbriese on 4/28/2014 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Fair question. I don't really know how to answer it except that I didn't. I'd only had like 3 scholarships in D3 at most in a season so wasn't something I had a ton of reference points on. But I took the team thinking they would have more recruiting money than anyone, and never really saw anything to make me question that until it was too late, I guess.
But whose fault IS it that you didn't? It's yours, not everyone else's, and certainly not the sim engine's.
4/29/2014 12:15 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 4/28/2014 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Your jucos aren't BAD, but IMO they're not GREAT either. Your freshman are both complete projects, that may be starter quality by their JR or SR years. Of course all of this is predicated on potentials. IMO, you're undervaluing Ath in your recruiting.
I don't really want a team with just a bunch of ATH monsters. I think that's pretty boring and really doesn't work well in real life. Nothing's more common than a team of athletic players that underachieve because they aren't very good at basketball.

Well I don't know what you consider great but Crawford will probably be the most talented guard in the conference next year and Godina likely the best SF assuming he gets to play there rather than out of position.
It depends how you measure "most talented", I guess. At D2, I always wanted my PG, SG, and SF to have a total Ath/Spd rating of 140 or so by the time they were juniors. For PGs, something between 50/90 and 70/70; for SGs, something between 60/80 and 80/60; and for SFs, somewhere between 70/70 and 90/50. I didn't get too worried about a few pts one way or the other. Crawford is at least in the neighborhood, at a 129 total. Godina isn't close, at 100, and unless he's blue in both, probably won't get close to 140. IMO, it would've been better for you to land a freshman SG or SF that was something like 40/50, 50/40, and blues in both, than to sign Godina.
4/29/2014 12:24 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/28/2014 11:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Well who would you blame for a misinformation issue other the people that provided said information? Regardless, you might want to learn what words mean before you question the use of them.

Maybe pick up a dictionary when you make it back to Earth.
You should blame yourself for not getting the information easily available from the FAQ.

You're a great example of what some people think is wrong with society. You make a mistake and point fingers at everyone else. Take some responsibility without the caveats.

Also like I said in an earlier post in this thread, join some more HD worlds. It will help with your progression on the game. Going through an 0-27 season is going to be torture. Might as well get another team and learn from your mistakes.
Screw that. Why would I pay more when I'm not even sure if I'm staying past this season in the one world I'm in? I don't really like the idea of having a team in a bunch of different worlds. I get the financial benefit to the site but it seems kind of like taking a shortcut to me. And it's not like these things are free.

I don't think this season will be that bad because there's no reason to expect anything. 

I love being pointed to as an example of what's wrong with society. That's definitely not inflammatory or anything! It's pretty ignorant though.
4/29/2014 12:31 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 4:27:00 PM (view original):
I did plenty of looking around after signings. I guess it comes down to not really wanting to clog the roster with "role players". Instead of 1 stud FR, I got 2 of the 5 stud players I was after (2 JC, 1 FR that some low D-I came in on literally after signings started, I had been recruiting him the whole time). So really I probably ended up a similar mix from that 80% -- 2 very good JUCOs, and a couple of freshman bigs (one of which is a non-qualifier). So is it worth it to get a couple of other players just to have non walkons off the bench that I might wish I didn't have a couple years from now? I don't think it is, really. We were pretty much sunk for this year when we didn't get the guys like Elliott, Bechtol and the FR guard whose name I can't remember now. Elmont or something.

I think I only did like 6 states FSS in total. All I really needed. 

The route I actually chose would probably have worked just fine if I hadn't been operating under some false assumptions. I probably would have targeted about two fewer players and quit chasing one sooner. One thing that legitimately was a learning point is how much more money is spent per recruit in D2 vs. D3. Seems pretty significantly different, or at least was in my case. Crawford was not cheap despite only having one other school on him.

One thing i thought I would see more of is players making themselves available for drop downs. One did even though he was "considering" another school, but apparently not getting the love and was able to get him (Godina). I put a lot of bread crumbs out but not many emails even came back. That's where I was planning on using my last couple of starting promises.
only did 6 states with 11 openings? that was not all you really needed... i think people are getting into the weeds when really that is the salient point. that, and you battled too much.
4/29/2014 12:32 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hawkstang on 4/28/2014 9:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by scaturo on 4/28/2014 8:50:00 PM (view original):
I am not trying t o be a dick but what misinformation were you given? I asked before but it probably got lost in the pages of drivel.
I read the original thread.  The info given was good info, the same info I've read numerous times on this board and followed when I was learning the game and still use to this day.  It was his interpretation of the information that was lacking.
Whatever dude. It's really not as if one can take this board to be unbiased where I'm concerned anyway.

Bottom line is the board maxim was that it takes 10 STs in most cases to pull down a player, when that didn't turn out to even be close to true in any of my cases, and it was admitted later that it is very often not true in general. 

Further it's been often said on this board that you get money in balance with scholarships available. That turned out not to be true either. So you can say that I somehow should have known that those were wrong, but the fact remains that it was wrong, and replacing board hearsay with a comprehensive set of instructions/readme would go a long way toward dealing with those problems and issues where people disagree, or people's information contradicts each other, and so on. 

Minus these combined information lapses and ambiguities and with the best and most accurate information, I may have chosen a different team -- likely would have -- and very possibly made different recruiting choices. And contrary to the haters' party line here, I've never said that I don't have things to learn or that I haven't done a lot of the things they suggest to do in learning, but a better system of managing information would go a long way toward making that easier for every player, and probably increase retention rate, which translates to revenue for the site. The only reason not to do it is if it was going to cost time and money, but honestly, I bet seble could get some of you all to do it for him. 
10 SVs is enough in d3, which is the place people write about for the rookie audience. 10 SVs is also enough in competitive d2. the gap between there is those foolish enough to ignore the BLARING advice about not moving up until you mastered the basics. please explain, i'd love to know, why would ANYONE on this website cater to the exact segment that has proven they ignore the general advice offered here? this one should be good.

p.s. anyone in low d2, if you are at all offended, you have to remember MY target audience here :)

p.p.s. it was never "admitted" to be wrong. i simply clarified for you. everyone said 10SVs is a good starting point, nobody says 10 exactly is the name of the game. i simply elaborated for your very unusual situation. you even came out in that thread and said nobody had explained how, asked for others to explain, and when they did, you were like funny thing, i tried that, and it didn't work for me. so if you felt you hadn't read a true explanation of pulldowns, just saw some offhand comments in other context, what the heck were you expecting? again, this is firmly on the reader. when you did ask the direct question, i explained it to you with the caveats for your unique situation (which the casual reader/writer will not do, you cannot expect people to treat this like contract work). so whats the problem?
4/29/2014 12:43 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...19 Next ▸
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.