Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

5/9/2014 5:58 PM
LOL hogstench
5/9/2014 6:08 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 1:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/8/2014 2:18:00 PM (view original):
I also love where EE tells one of the really great coaches in HD right now (killbatman) that HE is grasping at straws. Just when you think it can't get any richer...
Boy another great post. I don't know how you do it. 

Before you get your rocks off, why don't you tell everyone how many championships you've won...guess all you can do is piggyback on the people that are actually good. I don't know why you haven't quit by now.
I've never claimed to be a great HD coach--just light years better than you are now, or likely ever will be, at the rate you're going. And, shockingly enough, I haven't quit by now because--despite its flaws--I enjoy the game.
What makes you think you're better than me. If I had stayed at Marietta I'd probably have a season record better than your career mark with a team that's still building. 
Because you're an incredibly ****** HD coach, with absolutely no real interest in improving. And you were never going to do anything at Marietta but get your *** handed to you by better coaches.
5/9/2014 7:12 PM
Also, EE can't be bothered with looking at the fact that Nova has improved RPI-wise every season in an almost full conference. That doesn't fit the narrative.
5/9/2014 7:17 PM
Nope, it wouldn't change the fact that if you were a RL coach you'd surely have been fired after 4 years of not making the NT or having a winning record in a program that less than a decade ago had a 10+ year streak of making the NCAA tournament, and was in the national championship game.
5/9/2014 9:31 PM
does it mean anything to you, etta, that a game where half the coaches got fired from their first d1 job, would probably not have many coaches playing it? i mean at some level, when the viability of the game is at stake, you have to acknowledge realism has to make way for having a successful game, no? surely someone in a business program can appreciate this...
5/9/2014 9:34 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 1:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/8/2014 2:18:00 PM (view original):
I also love where EE tells one of the really great coaches in HD right now (killbatman) that HE is grasping at straws. Just when you think it can't get any richer...
Boy another great post. I don't know how you do it. 

Before you get your rocks off, why don't you tell everyone how many championships you've won...guess all you can do is piggyback on the people that are actually good. I don't know why you haven't quit by now.
I've never claimed to be a great HD coach--just light years better than you are now, or likely ever will be, at the rate you're going. And, shockingly enough, I haven't quit by now because--despite its flaws--I enjoy the game.
What makes you think you're better than me. If I had stayed at Marietta I'd probably have a season record better than your career mark with a team that's still building. 
Because you're an incredibly ****** HD coach, with absolutely no real interest in improving. And you were never going to do anything at Marietta but get your *** handed to you by better coaches.
Most of those better coaches have struggled this year. The computer is .500 against a top 50 schedule even with some pretty poor coaching choices by the AI.
5/9/2014 9:34 PM
You wouldn't know a "poor coaching choice" in HD if it bit you on the ***, spit out the chunk of *** it just bit off of you, shoved it in your mouth, and danced a naked salsa in front of you.
5/10/2014 12:23 AM
I know what I was doing last year was better than what the computer is doing this year...the best rebounder is at SF and the second best rebounder is on the bench (or the other way around, point is the same). Not real hard to see the problem with that. 

Also, that is truly a weird statement. You...might want to go easy on whatever's causing your bizarre visions.
5/10/2014 1:03 AM
Ettas not an awful coach. He is certainly better than the SIM. He has a clue and may eventually do well. I think his game plans are reasonably creative and well thought out.

He hasn't won yet because he has taken over bad teams, doesn't understand the nuisances of recruiting, and hasn't seen a team through. If he stayed four years some where he would make the nt in d3. Probably.
5/10/2014 9:42 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/10/2014 9:42:00 AM (view original):
Ettas not an awful coach. He is certainly better than the SIM. He has a clue and may eventually do well. I think his game plans are reasonably creative and well thought out.

He hasn't won yet because he has taken over bad teams, doesn't understand the nuisances of recruiting, and hasn't seen a team through. If he stayed four years some where he would make the nt in d3. Probably.
This is probably a fair assessment. My OWN assessment of his skills comes mostly from the fact that he ignores the advice of great coaches (not me, guys like Killbatman and Gillispie) and acts like he's already got it all figured out. He is certainly better than Sim AI, especially given that Sim AI coached teams force each position to be filled by a player who's categorized as that position, even if the team's 2 best players are PGs, SGs, or whatever.
5/10/2014 10:15 AM
IMO, from what I've seen and read on the forums, on the continuum of HD coaching ability (with Sim AI being an F and the best coaches here being an A) Etta's about a D right now. Given his knowledge of the game in real life, he has potential to be much better, but I don't think he will be, if only because he almost never takes any advice people further along the continuum try to give him.
5/10/2014 10:17 AM
And with 50+ more seasons you'd be about a C- then. Congrats, I'm sure that feels like time and money well-spent.
5/10/2014 10:23 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/10/2014 10:23:00 AM (view original):
And with 50+ more seasons you'd be about a C- then. Congrats, I'm sure that feels like time and money well-spent.
I'm comfortable with my choices, and I enjoy playing this game. And in the self evals thread, I was honest about both my strengths and shortcomings, grading myself out about a C+.
5/10/2014 10:25 AM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/10/2014 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/10/2014 10:23:00 AM (view original):
I'm comfortable with my choices, and I enjoy playing this game. And in the self evals thread, I was honest about both my strengths and shortcomings, grading myself out about a C+.
Your record speaks for yourself wildcat. Don't sweat this guy. Under his criteria Eddie Sutton and Rick Majerus are **** coaches too. He has no idea how hard it is to win a game in the NT let alone with a title. I can't believe those of that throw compliments this guys way. Maybe etta has made himself look that bad the ever so slightest competent word that comes out of his mouth has you guys buy the hook. 

This guys reeks of idiotic narcissism. 

But I only have 30 conference titles, most being in competitive conferences and only a few elite 8 runs. So that doesn't mean anything. The funny thing is, I say those stats KNOWING that they are mediocre. Wildcat knows he's only an above average coach too (assumption, apologies if I'm putting words in your mouth). The difference is you're still trying to **** things out and call it gold. 

At the end of the day people play this game because they enjoy it. Most of us are adults or at least act like we are. If someone wants to stack up on sims and try to have the best winning percentage ever - fantastic. If someone's goal is to win a d1 title, so every team they have is at that level (hence making it more difficult to win a NC) they shouldn't get ridiculed by someone like you. 

Stay somewhere and build up a program and prove you can win. 
5/10/2014 12:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...19 Next ▸
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.