Pull Down Question Topic

Hello to all.

From my experience most of the messages you receive after you call a potential pull down are pretty easily deciphered however I received one today that I felt could possibly go either way and was wondering if any coaches have had experience with this pull down message.

"Following up on (players name) its going to take a miracle to convince this guy to come play for us, do you believe in miracles coach?"

Appreciate any advice and thanks in advance!
5/2/2014 2:54 PM
i can't answer the above, but i can offer some advice: stick to calling the coach instead of the player. the messages are extremely clear.
5/2/2014 3:08 PM
Posted by wondersj on 5/2/2014 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Hello to all.

From my experience most of the messages you receive after you call a potential pull down are pretty easily deciphered however I received one today that I felt could possibly go either way and was wondering if any coaches have had experience with this pull down message.

"Following up on (players name) its going to take a miracle to convince this guy to come play for us, do you believe in miracles coach?"

this means you can never recruit him, although there may be some bug where sometimes players who are never recruitable, are actually able to be recruited. i was trying to think the other day, i knew there was an exception that came up where phone calls were supposedly wrong, and i am now almost positive this is it. not necessarily just this response - but this response i think was tagged by 2 coaches as sometimes recruitable (which isn't supposed to even exist). im skeptical the issue only pertains to this exact response, and frankly i would have thought it was user error, but the fact that two coaches were adamant about successfully recruiting a player with this response... it makes you wonder, at least.
5/2/2014 6:57 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/2/2014 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Hello to all.

this means you can never recruit him, although there may be some bug where sometimes players who are never recruitable, are actually able to be recruited. i was trying to think the other day, i knew there was an exception that came up where phone calls were supposedly wrong, and i am now almost positive this is it. not necessarily just this response - but this response i think was tagged by 2 coaches as sometimes recruitable (which isn't supposed to even exist). im skeptical the issue only pertains to this exact response, and frankly i would have thought it was user error, but the fact that two coaches were adamant about successfully recruiting a player with this response... it makes you wonder, at least.
Good tips
5/4/2014 11:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think this person can be pulled down. If you want to be sure, offer a schollie. If it sticks then you can pull them down.
5/6/2014 8:13 PM
Hello to all.

In my experience you cannot PULL a player down with this message. However, I have signed at least one player who gave me this message late into the signing window when I noticed he'd dropped to my division and on a whim tried to approach him normally.
5/7/2014 2:05 AM
Posted by rednu on 5/7/2014 2:05:00 AM (view original):
Hello to all.

In my experience you cannot PULL a player down with this message. However, I have signed at least one player who gave me this message late into the signing window when I noticed he'd dropped to my division and on a whim tried to approach him normally.
I think rednu is correct here. You can sign them if or when they drop down, not sure you can pull them down.
5/7/2014 5:37 AM
If you want to be sure and don't mind spending $100, offer him a schollie. If it is still there after the cycle, then he can be pulled down.
9/23/2014 7:21 PM
Pull Down Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.