so who is Etta really? Topic

Seems kind of funny that etta has been in this game shorter than me, but knows an awful lot of about stuff in the pass. I'm talking about info., banning, old rules, etc... I think he is a former player come back incognito
5/9/2014 10:44 PM
i don't know, thats a pretty well thought out plan to fake us all out by signing 4 players on 11 openings...
5/9/2014 10:48 PM
Yeah, it would be like the greatest troll ever, and I'm not convinced EE has the acuity to pull it off.
5/9/2014 10:53 PM
Yeah, I don't think he is a past user either, his overall stupidity on the subject of HD leads me to believe he is just a noob who's heard a couple things and then just sprinkles a bunch of bullshit on top of them in an attempt to make others looks bad...and simultaneously make him feel good about himself.
5/9/2014 10:53 PM
believe it or not, i wasn't trying to put etta down in my post. sincerely, i can't see an old time coach doing that. it would be far more likely he would try to kill it out of the gate so he could tell us how stupid we all are. sorry... so he could tell us how stupid we all are with a shred of credibility.
5/9/2014 10:56 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 5/9/2014 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Seems kind of funny that etta has been in this game shorter than me, but knows an awful lot of about stuff in the pass. I'm talking about info., banning, old rules, etc... I think he is a former player come back incognito
Dangit you caught me. My real first name is Richie.
5/9/2014 10:57 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/9/2014 10:57:00 PM (view original):
believe it or not, i wasn't trying to put etta down in my post. sincerely, i can't see an old time coach doing that. it would be far more likely he would try to kill it out of the gate so he could tell us how stupid we all are. sorry... so he could tell us how stupid we all are with a shred of credibility.
Yeah, if it WAS an old coach, this would have to be an INCREDIBLY long con he's running. For me, it's more likely that he's just a really unpleasant guy, who picked up HD on a lark, and has decided he's an expert, even though he sucks at playing the game and isn't interested in getting better.
5/9/2014 10:58 PM
Actually your first name is *** and last name is hole. I think he was banned from that other sim because they couldn't deal with his BS
5/9/2014 11:00 PM
I just wrote this reply in another thread, but I think it is more applicable here:

Quote post by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 11:50:00 PM:
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Wow etta, it's honestly amazing, at this exact moment you are simultaneously shitting all over three threads.
He's got a talent for that. It's practically the only "talent" he possesses in the HD realm. And I feel no need to justify myself to a person like him.
haha, but in reality we really do don't we??? I used to be one of the worst, after all the batshit crazy things he would say I would hop on here and make him look like an idiot, even when it got to the point (which we are currently in) where it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Now, I try my best to avoid him like the plague, but every now and then I just have to get down and roll around in it. ---It's like a one night stand, it feels great while it's going on, but as soon as it's over I feel dirty on the inside.

I think it just speaks to one of sad parts of human nature, there is only so much you can take before your pre-frontal cortex is overloaded you just gotta do what you gotta do. In a really messed up way, ettaexpress is the inversion of the popular notion of a troll. Let me be clear, etta is not a troll, as a person who's seen for real throlls at work, I am very confident he is not one...but in a warped way his online personality actually performs the exact same roll.

And really that is much worse than having an actual troll, because he is not going anywhere...no matter what he says or how many times he's said it in the past, ettaexpress is not going anywhere anytime soon. He will be here for a long time and that means his presence on these boards will be a fixture for the foreseeable future, and honestly, that is horrible news for what little sense of an online community we've cultivated for ourselves. It just seems like a horrible stroke of badluck for Hoops Dynasty.

5/9/2014 11:52 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, if it WAS an old coach, this would have to be an INCREDIBLY long con he's running. For me, it's more likely that he's just a really unpleasant guy, who picked up HD on a lark, and has decided he's an expert, even though he sucks at playing the game and isn't interested in getting better.
I'm guessing you're not interested in getting better either what with as much as you suck after having played so many games.

You've got two teams and they both blow. 

6 years at Oklahoma Panhandle and you were never any good...what did you cherry pick a team with a bunch of good young players at Fort Hays? Even before you left they were starting to fall back down to your usual mediocrity. Garbage at Nova, garbage at Sam Houston, average at NYU in one year (so obviously you didn't do a rebuild there, probably cherry picked a team), average at OK Panhandle. What the hell do you have to brag about after 2 RL careers worth of experience? 

I'm only in my 3rd year...WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR EXCUSE?
5/9/2014 11:54 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 11:52:00 PM (view original):
I just wrote this reply in another thread, but I think it is more applicable here:

Quote post by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 11:50:00 PM:
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Wow etta, it's honestly amazing, at this exact moment you are simultaneously shitting all over three threads.
He's got a talent for that. It's practically the only "talent" he possesses in the HD realm. And I feel no need to justify myself to a person like him.
haha, but in reality we really do don't we??? I used to be one of the worst, after all the batshit crazy things he would say I would hop on here and make him look like an idiot, even when it got to the point (which we are currently in) where it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Now, I try my best to avoid him like the plague, but every now and then I just have to get down and roll around in it. ---It's like a one night stand, it feels great while it's going on, but as soon as it's over I feel dirty on the inside.

I think it just speaks to one of sad parts of human nature, there is only so much you can take before your pre-frontal cortex is overloaded you just gotta do what you gotta do. In a really messed up way, ettaexpress is the inversion of the popular notion of a troll. Let me be clear, etta is not a troll, as a person who's seen for real throlls at work, I am very confident he is not one...but in a warped way his online personality actually performs the exact same roll.

And really that is much worse than having an actual troll, because he is not going anywhere...no matter what he says or how many times he's said it in the past, ettaexpress is not going anywhere anytime soon. He will be here for a long time and that means his presence on these boards will be a fixture for the foreseeable future, and honestly, that is horrible news for what little sense of an online community we've cultivated for ourselves. It just seems like a horrible stroke of badluck for Hoops Dynasty.

Clever. In order to prove you wrong, I have to leave, which is what you want. But if I don't, then you end up being right and looking like a genius.

I don't really know what this gets you other than cool points on the board, but it's still mildly impressive.
5/9/2014 11:56 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 11:54:00 PM (view original):
I'm guessing you're not interested in getting better either what with as much as you suck after having played so many games.

You've got two teams and they both blow. 

6 years at Oklahoma Panhandle and you were never any good...what did you cherry pick a team with a bunch of good young players at Fort Hays? Even before you left they were starting to fall back down to your usual mediocrity. Garbage at Nova, garbage at Sam Houston, average at NYU in one year (so obviously you didn't do a rebuild there, probably cherry picked a team), average at OK Panhandle. What the hell do you have to brag about after 2 RL careers worth of experience? 

I'm only in my 3rd year...WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR EXCUSE?
This crystallizes my previous post and all it's content.
5/9/2014 11:57 PM
Isn't it funny, Nacho, how EE picks a couple of my teams from some of my early years playing HD to critique me? And ignores the work I did at Lynn and Campbell, while denigrating the rebuild I did at Fort Hays? My record is that of a coach who generally (if not always) leaves schools better than I found them. Usually quite a bit better. Even now, if I left after this season, I'd be leaving Villanova in much better shape than I found it. And the "cherrypicking" charge is just hilarious! That is, LITERALLY, the opposite of what I do. I absolutely LOVE rebuilds. I find building something good from nothing very rewarding.

To EE: I have nothing to brag about, other than this: I'm a MUCH better coach than you are now, or will ever be. I'm also more respected as an HD coach now than you are or will ever be. I'm also not an unpleasant malcontent ******, which you ARE now, and always will be. THAT is what I have to brag about.
5/10/2014 12:17 AM
and wildcat, I must say that I absolutely love the phrase "long con", haha, but seriously though, it's great.
5/10/2014 12:31 AM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/10/2014 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Isn't it funny, Nacho, how EE picks a couple of my teams from some of my early years playing HD to critique me? And ignores the work I did at Lynn and Campbell, while denigrating the rebuild I did at Fort Hays? My record is that of a coach who generally (if not always) leaves schools better than I found them. Usually quite a bit better. Even now, if I left after this season, I'd be leaving Villanova in much better shape than I found it. And the "cherrypicking" charge is just hilarious! That is, LITERALLY, the opposite of what I do. I absolutely LOVE rebuilds. I find building something good from nothing very rewarding.

To EE: I have nothing to brag about, other than this: I'm a MUCH better coach than you are now, or will ever be. I'm also more respected as an HD coach now than you are or will ever be. I'm also not an unpleasant malcontent ******, which you ARE now, and always will be. THAT is what I have to brag about.
If we were both in the same league in the same world with the same starting point, I don't think you'd be any better than I am, even with 50 seasons more experience or whatever it is. 

Lynn looks like you picked up a team with good seniors and pretty decent prestige, but a weak class or two in the middle. 
Campbell looks like you beat up on a weak conference and had mostly auto bid teams that couldn't get anything done in the big show.
5/10/2014 1:01 AM
123 Next ▸
so who is Etta really? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.