.500 Record Requirement for D1 Postseason(Poll) Topic

Now 8-19 should give money to the Super conferences that already have Every advantage in prestige and things like this.
5/12/2014 7:39 PM
Posted by taniajane on 5/12/2014 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Kansas...turf guard money like excuse past history of cheating to get there
not only do you make no sense, but the biggest plight of mid majors is the current recruit generation scheme, which i am one of the most vocal opponents of. barking up the wrong tree... i think etta wore off on you... or else he split via mitosis
5/12/2014 7:40 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/12/2014 7:40:00 PM (view original):
not only do you make no sense, but the biggest plight of mid majors is the current recruit generation scheme, which i am one of the most vocal opponents of. barking up the wrong tree... i think etta wore off on you... or else he split via mitosis
Billy you constant attempts at trying to criticize what I say, while never giving a response is typical.
YOU Believe an 8-19 should make the PIT.....You are at a Super conference. That money is small there. Is much, much larger for the lower conferences. You careless.
You made it to Kansas how? by doing way back when what others did? Having multiple teams in a world? You claim you were too honest to cheat. Maybe. Maybe not, But you dang sure have no problem with getting even an 8-19's money if it was something for you.
5/12/2014 7:47 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 5/12/2014 7:18:00 PM (view original):
if they won 42% of their games, maybe.  that would have been 11-16.  that team only won 29.6% of their games
I failed on my percentages. Yes, VT won 8 out of 27 games for 29.6% winning percentage, and made the postseason.

Like I stated in the support ticket, 9 teams with losing records in Big 6 conferences made the PIT.

Their records before their PIT appearances:

12-15
12-16
8-19
13-14
11-17
13-15
13-15
13-15
12-16
5/12/2014 7:47 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/12/2014 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by yanks250125 on 5/12/2014 7:18:00 PM (view original):
if they won 42% of their games, maybe.  that would have been 11-16.  that team only won 29.6% of their games
I failed on my percentages. Yes, VT won 8 out of 27 games for 29.6% winning percentage, and made the postseason.

Like I stated in the support ticket, 9 teams with losing records in Big 6 conferences made the PIT.

Their records before their PIT appearances:

12-15
12-16
8-19
13-14
11-17
13-15
13-15
13-15
12-16
I maybe wrong. I find that hard to believe that the NIT would take that  Much garbage
5/12/2014 7:52 PM
Posted by taniajane on 5/12/2014 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/12/2014 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Billy you constant attempts at trying to criticize what I say, while never giving a response is typical.
YOU Believe an 8-19 should make the PIT.....You are at a Super conference. That money is small there. Is much, much larger for the lower conferences. You careless.
You made it to Kansas how? by doing way back when what others did? Having multiple teams in a world? You claim you were too honest to cheat. Maybe. Maybe not, But you dang sure have no problem with getting even an 8-19's money if it was something for you.
i already said (twice) i don't like an 8-19 making it. the reason im not overly upset is, well, there are several reasons, but ill just give two (more). first, its rare, and second, its very hard to make a ranking system that gets the core cases right AND the edge cases. as a programmer, and one who manages programmers, i've learned not to overly nitpick fringe edge cases. that's what this is to me. that said, i don't object to ruling out that 8-19 team. i probably would support a .400 limit or something, but will not .500 because plenty of teams 1 under 500 are way better than the bottom end PIT teams, and for other reasons i've explained.

you want me to give a response, say something intelligent, and ill respond. i responded to the meaningful parts. i didn't respond directly to drivel like the big conferences want to lord over the money, because its absolutely ridiculous. if you think the big conferences would sweat the loss of 1, maybe 2 PIT games each season on average - thats under a thousand bucks - to mid major conferences, not even to BCS conferences - you clearly have never played there. we wouldn't, they wouldn't, and nobody with A prestige gives a damn about who the last team is in the PIT, for bonus money or any other self serving reason. get a grip.
5/12/2014 7:56 PM (edited)
yes rare:

12-15
12-16
8-19
13-14
11-17
13-15
13-15
13-15
12-16

its every year

I have Looked at many of teams in those tough conferences. They are not great hence why they are under .500
5/12/2014 7:58 PM
If you eliminate sub 500 teams from the post season you might get more firings as well.
5/12/2014 8:15 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/12/2014 8:15:00 PM (view original):
If you eliminate sub 500 teams from the post season you might get more firings as well.
Of course you will
5/12/2014 8:32 PM
... I would actually tend towards getting rid of sub 500 postseasons as well. I could deal with something like 13-14, 13-15. Much less than that makes me twitch a bit. And I've benefitted from it before. So.
5/12/2014 9:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
In real life a team goes to the NIT automatically if they win their conference regular season and don't make the big dance (usually small conference schools that lose in their conference tournament).  This is what I'd like to see implemented.  Also while it is no longer required that a team be above .500 (this was a requirement until maybe 2006) no team has ever made the NIT with a record under .500.    I know this game is not real life, but the basic question is the same:  Do you want the best teams in the postseason regardless of record (and often the bigger conference teams are better, especially in this game), or do you want to reward small schools for having good to great seasons?  I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer, just personal preference.  I kind of favor getting smaller schools in.  Spreads the money around (granted a very little bit more) and gives coaches at the mid-major level a chance to keep playing when they probably don't make the postseason every year like some Big 6 schools do.  I know with an A+ prestige school I'd be disgusted with a PIT berth and would just as well not be in the postseason anyway, so might as well give it to the mid-major who would be somewhat excited by it.  And yes, that means 14-13 could get a team to the NT, while 13-14 would mean no post season, but really, if you schedule 10 wins out of conference and can't go 4-13 in conference, including the conference tournament, I don't think you deserve a postseason bid anyway.  
5/12/2014 10:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by taniajane on 5/12/2014 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/12/2014 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 5/12/2014 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Well no BillyG the guys that are there deserve to be there, and go 8 and 19 and get post season money. They are fantastic. We all should bow to them.
i had to go watch the kids for an hour or whatever it was since i made and then edited my post... but like i said there (just a second ago), i would have no problem taking away the 8-19 bids. that doesn't mean .500 is the answer, and it doesn't mean any of your unfair characterizations of power conference coaches are reasonable.

your continued attempts to paint complex issues as black and white, isn't making things any better, either. there is no need to dramatize, sensationalize, and polarize, and in fact, it rather takes away from the discussion.
I am getting real tired of the poor Billy routine......'99% per cent sable.....most coaches ignored rules, half still do (you?), I was a victim because I got caught.'
Oh, stop it. You're turning every post where both you and Gillispie respond into a slap fight. Please quit doing that.
5/12/2014 10:40 PM
Posted by piman314 on 5/12/2014 10:05:00 PM (view original):
In real life a team goes to the NIT automatically if they win their conference regular season and don't make the big dance (usually small conference schools that lose in their conference tournament).  This is what I'd like to see implemented.  Also while it is no longer required that a team be above .500 (this was a requirement until maybe 2006) no team has ever made the NIT with a record under .500.    I know this game is not real life, but the basic question is the same:  Do you want the best teams in the postseason regardless of record (and often the bigger conference teams are better, especially in this game), or do you want to reward small schools for having good to great seasons?  I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer, just personal preference.  I kind of favor getting smaller schools in.  Spreads the money around (granted a very little bit more) and gives coaches at the mid-major level a chance to keep playing when they probably don't make the postseason every year like some Big 6 schools do.  I know with an A+ prestige school I'd be disgusted with a PIT berth and would just as well not be in the postseason anyway, so might as well give it to the mid-major who would be somewhat excited by it.  And yes, that means 14-13 could get a team to the NT, while 13-14 would mean no post season, but really, if you schedule 10 wins out of conference and can't go 4-13 in conference, including the conference tournament, I don't think you deserve a postseason bid anyway.  
This is the correct answer.
5/12/2014 11:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...12 Next ▸
.500 Record Requirement for D1 Postseason(Poll) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.