Pretty much the last straw Topic

Nobody cares that you're going to Europe. You state that in every thread, but nobody cares.

Love,
               -HD Users and CS
5/15/2014 12:51 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Europe might care. It really is not worth being upset about wildcat or anyone else. Play it for fun. Some will cheat, others cut corners and game it to the limit. No one can change that.
5/15/2014 12:59 AM (edited)
1140 posts in what, 2 months? and you were banned half this time? so maybe an unparalleled 40 posts a day? yeah... none of us are buying that you don't care about this or need this. but we sure as hell don't! don't let the door hit you in the ***.
5/15/2014 1:05 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/15/2014 12:16:00 AM (view original):
So I messaged admin letting them know that I didn't do anything to violate the rules to cause wildcat98 to go crazy with the report feature. 

This is what I got back. 

5/14/2014 12:35 PM Customer Support
Shawn,

We do not think that anything you said has been in violation of our FPG's.

That being said, we don't think that you have to keep posting in these back and forth arguments that are occurring between you and the other users.

Anytime you feel like they have crossed the line, TELL US FIRST.

You don't have to post a response right away, it will only get you in further trouble. You are down to your last warning. Another posting ban on your account will be permanent and non-removable.

Thank you.

Basically says that if someone provokes you, you should just take it in the *** rather than responding. And yeah right, like the site admin will do or has done anything about it so far to make "tell us first" a viable option. So I'm getting blamed for the perceptions of others, like that girl that got kicked out of her prom for looking too hot to old pervy guys.

http://www.styleite.com/features/sexism-at-prom-how-a-17-year-old-girl-is-changing-the-conversation/

This is my "**** the Patriarchy"-esque response to that.

5/15/2014 12:07 AM ettaexpress
So you're saying I haven't broken any rules, but you're still scolding me and warning me?

What a joke.

So what, did you just investigate to see what I said, or did you actually look at the gratuitous nature of the use of the report feature? 

Why does posting a response to someone get ME in trouble if it doesn't violate any rules?

I don't know if you thought this was being helpful or not, but it's actually enraging. 

This is analogous to punishing a large chested woman for wearing the same shirt that a flat-chested girl wears and no one bats an eye. You're punishing her for existing, just as you are me. 

You can kindly **** off. I'm headed to Europe, by the time I get back the season will be over and more than likely I won't pay further for this. I mean why the hell would I pay for site admin to not do their jobs, not make substantive improvements to the game, blame me for what other people are doing TO me, and then you threaten to punish me for existing.

**** you and the horse you rode in on. Who the hell do you think you are? You're a **** sim site that no one gives a crap about. Your parent company doesn't even give a crap about you. Maybe they hire the most useless people to handle this stuff and that's why you fumble around and **** it up constantly. I should have known better than to think that site admin would actually help resolve a ******* problem. I should have known that you dumbshites would just turn it back on me like you always have. 

Well go to ******* hell and enjoy your menial service industry jobs.

I won't be thinking one bit about you all when I'm busy being awesome in Scandinavia in a few days.

quoted in case you have a change of heart...
5/15/2014 1:05 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/15/2014 1:00:00 AM (view original):
I don't think it's really that much fun. I'd rather analyze real sports, or go for a bike ride, or read a book. 

I don't need this, and two weeks from now, I really don't think I'll miss it at all. I've walked away from games I played for much longer, got much more out of, and still haven't missed it. Probably, I have too much going on to do so. This is the first chance today I've had to do anything other than project work, and tomorrow will be more of the same. 

This game really isn't good enough to even be worth worrying about, especially when the site admin is going to blame for confrontations in which I have done nothing wrong. I don't need to waste my time and energy on that.

I wish you luck in fighting the "corner cutters" and "gamers". 
You could, and I'm talking hypothetical here, leave rather than talk about leaving.

Love again,

-Literally everyone at HD

5/15/2014 1:06 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/15/2014 1:05:00 AM (view original):
1140 posts in what, 2 months? and you were banned half this time? so maybe an unparalleled 40 posts a day? yeah... none of us are buying that you don't care about this or need this. but we sure as hell don't! don't let the door hit you in the ***.
+1

I looked at how often and what times he was posted a while back. It was about 18 hours a day.

etta saying he doesn't care about this site = Donald Sterling saying he isn't racist
5/15/2014 2:07 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/15/2014 1:32:00 AM (view original):
Why bother? Your profile isn't really deleted, as I've shown, when you leave. I dropped all my teams and deactivated my account, but came back to see what would happen. What happened is what I feared would...my information is still stored on the site.

When I'm gone, i want to know that all my info is gone as well and no vestiges remain.
unfortunately, when you leave, vestiges will always remain. in a year when the next etta joins, and terrorizes the forums, we will all say well, at least hes not as bad as etta.

why are you so worried about your info remaining anyway? its not like you took any care to protect your personal information in the first place. 
5/15/2014 2:25 AM (edited)
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/15/2014 2:25:00 AM (view original):
Why bother? Your profile isn't really deleted, as I've shown, when you leave. I dropped all my teams and deactivated my account, but came back to see what would happen. What happened is what I feared would...my information is still stored on the site.

When I'm gone, i want to know that all my info is gone as well and no vestiges remain.
unfortunately, when you leave, vestiges will always remain. in a year when the next etta joins, and terrorizes the forums, we will all say well, at least hes not as bad as etta.

why are you so worried about your info remaining anyway? its not like you took any care to protect your personal information in the first place. 
QFE

Yeah, that and it's the f'ing internet. Welcome to 2014. Don't post something on the internet if you don't want it to potentially be there forever. 

Etta has left me with two thoughts...

1) Hold off on moving to Scandinavia
2) Getting an MBA must be the least time consuming graduate degree ever

5/15/2014 2:49 AM

so say we all...
5/15/2014 3:20 AM
is there someone at Europe HQ we can just send an apology now and hope they don't hold him against all of us?
5/15/2014 3:21 AM
Essentially: "I want to leave this ****** place, I really do. But the only way I would leave is if something that is most unlikely to happen were to occur. And since that won't happen, I HAVE to stay. But trust me, I wish I could leave guys."
5/15/2014 4:36 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/15/2014 12:16:00 AM (view original):
So I messaged admin letting them know that I didn't do anything to violate the rules to cause wildcat98 to go crazy with the report feature. 

This is what I got back. 

5/14/2014 12:35 PM Customer Support
Shawn,

We do not think that anything you said has been in violation of our FPG's.

That being said, we don't think that you have to keep posting in these back and forth arguments that are occurring between you and the other users.

Anytime you feel like they have crossed the line, TELL US FIRST.

You don't have to post a response right away, it will only get you in further trouble. You are down to your last warning. Another posting ban on your account will be permanent and non-removable.

Thank you.

Basically says that if someone provokes you, you should just take it in the *** rather than responding. And yeah right, like the site admin will do or has done anything about it so far to make "tell us first" a viable option. So I'm getting blamed for the perceptions of others, like that girl that got kicked out of her prom for looking too hot to old pervy guys.

http://www.styleite.com/features/sexism-at-prom-how-a-17-year-old-girl-is-changing-the-conversation/

This is my "**** the Patriarchy"-esque response to that.

5/15/2014 12:07 AM ettaexpress
So you're saying I haven't broken any rules, but you're still scolding me and warning me?

What a joke.

So what, did you just investigate to see what I said, or did you actually look at the gratuitous nature of the use of the report feature? 

Why does posting a response to someone get ME in trouble if it doesn't violate any rules?

I don't know if you thought this was being helpful or not, but it's actually enraging. 

This is analogous to punishing a large chested woman for wearing the same shirt that a flat-chested girl wears and no one bats an eye. You're punishing her for existing, just as you are me. 

You can kindly **** off. I'm headed to Europe, by the time I get back the season will be over and more than likely I won't pay further for this. I mean why the hell would I pay for site admin to not do their jobs, not make substantive improvements to the game, blame me for what other people are doing TO me, and then you threaten to punish me for existing.

**** you and the horse you rode in on. Who the hell do you think you are? You're a **** sim site that no one gives a crap about. Your parent company doesn't even give a crap about you. Maybe they hire the most useless people to handle this stuff and that's why you fumble around and **** it up constantly. I should have known better than to think that site admin would actually help resolve a ******* problem. I should have known that you dumbshites would just turn it back on me like you always have. 

Well go to ******* hell and enjoy your menial service industry jobs.

I won't be thinking one bit about you all when I'm busy being awesome in Scandinavia in a few days.

1. have to say that I dont envy the job that support faces - and they seem to be doing a pretty good job here dealing with a difficult customer
2.  if someone is concerned about privacy and being able to remove their data from the site, it may not be a great plan to post publicly the first name under which one has opened the account - just noting that that may not be a great decision.  Consider refraining from posting other personal details publicly if that is a concern
5/15/2014 5:05 AM
12 Next ▸
Pretty much the last straw Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.