Changing player positions Topic

Posted by seble on 5/27/2014 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Any of these restrictions would only come into play when changing positions, so it wouldn't cause any problems with recruiting.  Which means you could theoretically still get to 12 SFs by recruiting only SFs, but at that point you're not even trying to win.
That seems to be the best way to handle it. 
5/27/2014 11:20 AM
Which means you could theoretically still get to 12 SFs by recruiting only SFs, but at that point you're not even trying to win.
Challenge extended? ;)
5/27/2014 11:29 AM
Name Year Pos. Status* GPA Ht. Wt. Hometown Signed By
John Bird Sr. PG S 2.3 6'4" 213 Gonzales, LA Sim AI
David Winebarger Sr. PG S 2.2 6'1" 175 Hampton, IA Sim AI
Richard Hunnicutt So. PG S 3.1 6'2" 199 Taylor, MI scaturo
Douglas Richard So. PG S 2.7 6'1" 181 Jupiter, FL scaturo
William Spalding So. PG S 2.4 5'8" 166 Trinidad, CO scaturo
Steve Corrigan Fr. PG S 3.2 6'0" 194 Warner, OK scaturo
Terry Larkin Fr. PG R 3.0 5'11" 172 Detroit, MI scaturo
Erik Hallman Sr. C S 2.3 6'10" 242 Farmington, NH Sim AI
Gail Avilla So. C S 2.7 6'9" 236 Cleveland, OH scaturo
Roosevelt Barrientes So. C S 3.0 6'10" 222 Malvern, PA scaturo
Steven Holland Fr. C S 3.5 7'1" 260 Cedarville, MI scaturo
5/27/2014 11:39 AM
It would be kinda useful if I could change some of the PG's to SG and SF.

Would it be possible to have a PRIMARY position and a SECONDARY Position?  

It would also be less "abusable" if the game just assigned positions based on minutes played there.

5/27/2014 11:41 AM
people have in the past played around with rosters entirely of each position

I would urge that WIS not try to over engineer this - if some people would find it helpful for using "roles" and otherwise, that's great, but this is mostly cosmetic and not worth lots of effort and lots of checks and balances and engineering - some of which would likely have unintended effects

keep it simple!
5/27/2014 12:00 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 5/27/2014 12:00:00 PM (view original):
people have in the past played around with rosters entirely of each position

I would urge that WIS not try to over engineer this - if some people would find it helpful for using "roles" and otherwise, that's great, but this is mostly cosmetic and not worth lots of effort and lots of checks and balances and engineering - some of which would likely have unintended effects

keep it simple!
I'm not sure the issue that you're concerned about.  A coach will be allowed to change listed positions any which way they like, but with 2 limits:
  1. Listed positions will be locked in after the first regular season game; and 
  2. Coaches will not be able to move a player to a position at which there are already 4 or more players listed.
The benefit is that player roles definitions become more useful, some coaches may like having players listed where they actually see minutes, and the post season awards might actually reflect the positions played.   Maybe there will be an unintended consequence (this is the internet after all, some coaches are going to try to game the system), but this seems like a straightforward and workable plan.
5/27/2014 12:16 PM
we have a suggestion in a recent post that there be primary and secondary positions

or that positions be assigned based on minutes

and we have various other ideas mentioned - which would be more complicated

if the change is limited to what rogelio describes, hard for me to see much downside.
5/27/2014 12:34 PM
Just released the page, with the restrictions mentioned (although it allows up to 5 at one position instead of 4). We'll see how it goes and make any necessary future tweaks.
5/27/2014 2:38 PM
love the pace of action thank you
5/27/2014 3:08 PM
to be clear, regardless of what position someone is recruited at and regardless of what a coach thereafter lists the player at, the coach will be able to play any player at any of the 5 positions on the depth chart, just like we do now, correct?
5/27/2014 3:21 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 5/27/2014 3:21:00 PM (view original):
to be clear, regardless of what position someone is recruited at and regardless of what a coach thereafter lists the player at, the coach will be able to play any player at any of the 5 positions on the depth chart, just like we do now, correct?
My understanding is yes, that is correct, and without penalty.

But if you want to use "Player Roles" and if you set your team to view overall in player roles .. then this gives you the ability to set your team so that the overall ratings are meaningful for a change.

5/27/2014 3:27 PM
Thanks for making all of the changes lately. I like this one a lot. I wish it was not restricted to just the beginning of the season though.

5/27/2014 4:17 PM
Yeah I like this a lot, except I now can't use it for a whole season since Iba just started.
5/27/2014 4:28 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 5/27/2014 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Yes, that's correct.
5/27/2014 4:45 PM
Posted by uncnick157 on 5/27/2014 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I like this a lot, except I now can't use it for a whole season since Iba just started.
any way to lift the deadline for like a week across all worlds so those of us that aren't near the beginning of the season can make initial changes and then lock it into the deadline pattern?
5/27/2014 4:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Changing player positions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.