New one a day world Topic

I was working with my brother earlier today (also and HDer) and I mentioned an idea to him that he hasn't heard mentioned before. I have two teams, one 2 a day and one 2 a day. I would consider having a third team but I don't have the time unless.........

What about a new 1 a day world that played it's game in the 2 pm cycle instead of the 2 am cycle? If this world existed I would hen have two am games and two pm games. That would be ideal for me. Whatcha think?

I know current worlds aren't full, but this would appeal to a different subset of current users.
6/19/2014 6:41 PM
If you just pretend your current 1 a day world sims at 2pm instead of 2am, what's the difference?
6/19/2014 6:47 PM
Posted by tkimble on 6/19/2014 6:47:00 PM (view original):
If you just pretend your current 1 a day world sims at 2pm instead of 2am, what's the difference?
+1
6/19/2014 7:17 PM
I'll cop to being the co-owner of that brain fart.
6/19/2014 8:38 PM
Yeah, I admit pretending would accomplish the same exact thing, but I also know myself and if I had a game waiting for me to look at in the morning I would look at it.

My initial response was to make a face like my daughter ( bratty little sneer with the slight head shake) and say to myself, well, maybe I don't like playing pretend. Then I thought about the context, where I'm coaching my imaginary players in an computer simulated basketball game and I dropped my shoulders, lowered my head, and said to myself yeah, tkimble, you're right.

Still though, damn you tkimble for being right and thinking so much more clearly than me. Well done
6/19/2014 9:03 PM
excuse me, pretending?  sorry, that would undermine the reality of this activity.  I mean these players depend on us for their game plans, for their success, for their draft prospects....and you want to pretend as if this is just make believe?
6/19/2014 9:33 PM
Posted by milwood on 6/19/2014 9:03:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I admit pretending would accomplish the same exact thing, but I also know myself and if I had a game waiting for me to look at in the morning I would look at it.

My initial response was to make a face like my daughter ( bratty little sneer with the slight head shake) and say to myself, well, maybe I don't like playing pretend. Then I thought about the context, where I'm coaching my imaginary players in an computer simulated basketball game and I dropped my shoulders, lowered my head, and said to myself yeah, tkimble, you're right.

Still though, damn you tkimble for being right and thinking so much more clearly than me. Well done
Exact same physical reaction.
6/19/2014 10:23 PM
Posted by milwood on 6/19/2014 9:03:00 PM (view original):

difference is, playing this imaginary game, the rules and boundaries are constructed for you, and you play within them - here, its being suggested that you create your own rules, and force yourself to follow them. thats work - this is a game - very much the opposite, as much as i enjoyed the creativity of the "just pretend" suggestion :)

personally, i think creating a new world would be a terrible decision, and i have no interest in a 2pm simming world myself, but i can totally see some value in having worlds sim at different times. however, unless you plan to just check your results in the morning, not to game plan - its going to result in you game planning or otherwise doing something to your teams (not just checking the score) twice per day. so why not take advantage of the 2/day worlds? it does force you to play twice a day (or you could skip a game plan if you get busy), where as the other model, with 2 1/day teams on different schedules, you get to do it 2x per day as convenient, and otherwise, you only have to play once per 24 hours if you get busy or travel or whatever. still... for someone looking for 2x/day as a regular thing, it seems like a solid option. to me, beats the hell out of trying to practice impulse control on a daily basis :)
6/19/2014 10:41 PM (edited)
Thread is full of win. lol     
6/19/2014 11:09 PM
one a day worlds are the pits.
6/20/2014 12:25 AM
Posted by metsmax on 6/19/2014 9:33:00 PM (view original):
excuse me, pretending?  sorry, that would undermine the reality of this activity.  I mean these players depend on us for their game plans, for their success, for their draft prospects....and you want to pretend as if this is just make believe?
I can't rec this enough. I mean, don't you people understand that I'm busy graduating upstanding citizens? Don't you know that the children are our future?
6/20/2014 3:25 AM

How about this twist (similar to GD)

The 1st half SIMs at 2PM EST and the 2nd half SIMs at 2AM.   Coaches can change anything about their game plan (including depth chart) at halftime.

6/20/2014 8:55 AM
Posted by mullycj on 6/20/2014 8:55:00 AM (view original):

How about this twist (similar to GD)

The 1st half SIMs at 2PM EST and the 2nd half SIMs at 2AM.   Coaches can change anything about their game plan (including depth chart) at halftime.

+7 million
6/20/2014 1:41 PM
Posted by tcplotts on 6/20/2014 3:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 6/19/2014 9:33:00 PM (view original):
I can't rec this enough. I mean, don't you people understand that I'm busy graduating upstanding citizens? Don't you know that the children are our future?
Dean Wermer plays HD!
6/20/2014 5:01 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/20/2014 12:25:00 AM (view original):
one a day worlds are the pits.
This...way too slow...id rather see a 3 or 4 a day world than another 1. 1 a days are unplayable in my unhumblest of opinions
6/21/2014 8:04 AM
New one a day world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.