International FSS Topic

Any chance we'll ever be able to unlock this, I know they aren't included now but it could be huge if it was implemented.

Because of distance and volume you could potentially do a $2,000 unlock for internationals, or even $1,500 that's more than most states now and as the market stands at this moment, to be competitive its too much of a dice roll to go after internationals.
7/2/2014 1:15 PM
The point of internationals is that they are extremely risky and it's up to you to manage that risk in the best way you see fit. You may think it's too much of a dice roll, others probably think it's a good play in certain situations.
7/2/2014 1:43 PM
I have one on roster recruited by a previous coach that has panned out real nicely (664 sr D2) but its so hard to commit to bringing in a freshman without knowing if he'll ever develop. I guess it can be done with extra room but i also recently spotted another international that panned out 650+ D2 as well so I guess my follow up question is....

Since there is no FSS on internationals is there a better chance that the potentials are good?
7/2/2014 1:49 PM
I like internationals as they are now. A fun little gamble that could yield huge dividends
7/2/2014 1:53 PM
I think it's interesting, any awesome coach out there ever made an entirely international team?

It also could be cool if international players from same countries helped eachother out, for instance, I have a SR PG from italy right now and if I brought on a freshman from italy maybe they help eachother? or having 2 from the same country influenced potential and student life? Could be interesting, I know it isn't needed but could add another fun element to the game.
7/2/2014 2:08 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 7/2/2014 2:08:00 PM (view original):
I think it's interesting, any awesome coach out there ever made an entirely international team?

It also could be cool if international players from same countries helped eachother out, for instance, I have a SR PG from italy right now and if I brought on a freshman from italy maybe they help eachother? or having 2 from the same country influenced potential and student life? Could be interesting, I know it isn't needed but could add another fun element to the game.
Awhile back I coached against someone who signed an all-Italian team. The team had 7 Roussos and 5 Costas. Needless to say, they weren't very good.

It was in Tark D1 New Hampshire season 30.
7/2/2014 2:58 PM
Posted by slicknick777 on 7/2/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):

Awhile back I coached against someone who signed an all-Italian team. The team had 7 Roussos and 5 Costas. Needless to say, they weren't very good.

It was in Tark D1 New Hampshire season 30.
Awww i really wish i could see all the potentials and ratings from back then and see how it developed of the seasons
7/2/2014 2:59 PM

I think a better twist on this would be a country acting as a "pipeline" to your school.  For example, if you already have a player from Italy on your team, it impacts your recruiting effort on Italian players in a way comparable to prestige.

Probably not worth the hassle though.
7/2/2014 4:08 PM
many good ideas here

1. pipelines - I think pipelines would be cool from countries, cities and specific high schools...
2. FSS for intl's - I wonder whether they could create a modified, fuzzy FSS where the data is all rounded to the nearest five and there are errors in the potentials.....
3. I have not seen a fully international team, but I have seen Hawaii with no one from the mainland USA....and that is a nonsilly approach for Hawaii
7/2/2014 5:49 PM
Maybe potentially for even a new recruiting option called "Request Game tape" Where your scouts review games played by the internationals and then give you about the same feedback that a scouting visit would. Obviously this would cost less but that would be the trade off to the distance, A non-visit scouting venture that game you information similar to the current Scouting visit.

TLDR : New recruiting option "Request Game Tape"
- Costs less than Scouting Visit
- Gives about same info (maybe less)
- Costs less but doesn't influence recruits opinion towards you
7/2/2014 6:13 PM
How about if the game tape only reveals the potential of 1 attribute, but you get to pick which one.   A normal SV give you, what, 4 categories?  Make the game tapes 1/4 the price of a SV, or bump it up to 1/2 the price if a slight recruiting impact is included.

At that price, I think it would really add another layer of control to thoughtful recruiting.  There have been times I was torn between two recruits with high potential in similar categories.  If I could have confirmed which of those were high/high, I would have more clues as to the better player.
7/2/2014 6:34 PM
Totally love the idea of Request Game Tape.
-Emphasizes 1 attribute plus either offense or defense
-1/2 price of a SV (still a variable cost)
-no recruiting impact
Seble mentioned a recruiting overhaul potentially coming down the road...anyone here happen to have Seble's ear? This would be a nice change if the overhaul happens.
7/3/2014 2:05 AM
Posted by bobmeyer on 7/3/2014 2:05:00 AM (view original):
Totally love the idea of Request Game Tape.
-Emphasizes 1 attribute plus either offense or defense
-1/2 price of a SV (still a variable cost)
-no recruiting impact
Seble mentioned a recruiting overhaul potentially coming down the road...anyone here happen to have Seble's ear? This would be a nice change if the overhaul happens.
I don't know that i'd even cut the price on a game tape.  If you're wanting something specific then maybe you should pay a premium for that information.  Keep scouting visits the way they are now but add a game tape as an alternate.. if you send X amount of visits and still don't know whatever category  you want then you can pony up for that specific potential/attribute ..
7/3/2014 5:52 AM
I love the Risk/Reward of the Internationals as it is now.  It really adds a surprise element.
7/3/2014 7:51 AM
I prefer internationals now. There is high risk, but also high reward. If they wrap it into FSS that takes an element out of the game. I don't think we should be moving in that direction.
7/4/2014 10:25 AM
International FSS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.