Prestige How can I predict? Topic

How can I predict the impact my season will have on my next season of prestige. Specifically talking about my northwood team. We had a good season and am curious what prestige i'll be recruiting with.
8/15/2014 7:21 PM
you should move up to approximately a B, but you'll know for sure right after the NT finishes, about 4 days before recruiting starts.
8/15/2014 7:39 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/15/2014 7:39:00 PM (view original):
you should move up to approximately a B, but you'll know for sure right after the NT finishes, about 4 days before recruiting starts.
thanks is there a formula that's used or is it just after being around for awhile I pick it up?
8/15/2014 7:40 PM
just being around a while :) if you want to speed up the process or get good at it, you can look at some other schools around this point in time (late in the NT is ideal) and look at their prestige, history, and current season, and try to guess their prestige for next season. write it down, and check after the NT. you could also just look around at other schools and their history to get a feel for it.
8/15/2014 8:26 PM
WIS told me that the formula was:
50% current prestige
50% current season

So, if your results ended up at an 'A' level, and you were a 'C' prestige before, you should be at a 'B'

However, we don't know what results equate to each finish.  Also, there have been coaches who've had changes that didn't seem to fit this formula. But it should be pretty close. 
8/16/2014 6:36 AM
allblack - so the season history rule on the equation is gone now?
8/16/2014 8:51 AM
Easy to study the histories of teams.  Look at teams in your conference and other conferences at your level.  See the changes in prestige as they correlate to performance.

At DI there is the further complication that draft picks give a short term boost to prestige in the season after they are picked
8/16/2014 8:59 AM
Posted by mullycj on 8/16/2014 8:51:00 AM (view original):
allblack - so the season history rule on the equation is gone now?
at last for D2 and D3.  I don't know the formula for D1
8/16/2014 10:16 AM
If a D2 player got drafted would it help the prestige of that team like it does in D1?
8/16/2014 11:26 PM
FWIW, he moved up to a B+.
8/17/2014 3:18 AM
Posted by carson333 on 8/16/2014 11:26:00 PM (view original):
If a D2 player got drafted would it help the prestige of that team like it does in D1?
Yes.  I had a D2 player drafted from my Post team way back in season 40 and it moved us from an A to an A+.
8/17/2014 3:20 AM
Prestige How can I predict? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.