...when an ineligible player goes JUCO to a school on the other side of the country.  We should be able to recruit him from his home town instead
12/23/2014 8:47 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 12/23/2014 8:47:00 AM (view original):
...when an ineligible player goes JUCO to a school on the other side of the country.  We should be able to recruit him from his home town instead
or maybe allow ONLY schools the recruited him previously to recruit on hometown basis - to give some nice benefit for that prior connection

everyone else is just at his juco address

if you recruited in the prior season, choice of location?
12/23/2014 9:51 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 12/23/2014 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Realism suggests that a home visit should be with the recruit and his parent(s) in his hometown. The primary expense of a campus visit should be flying him in from the JUCO campus.
12/23/2014 11:01 AM
Posted by eflhoca on 12/21/2014 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/20/2014 10:59:00 PM (view original):
I don't mind it in print to be honest, but I too can't stand when people say the lower score first..."it's 7 to 21"  *nails on a chalkboard* lol
Overseas, it signals where the game was played-- whether the visitor or the home team won, without you having to ask. 
Gillespie - I had no idea they did it that way - I need to get out more
12/23/2014 10:56 PM
between seasons when there is nothing to do, there should be an option to schedule (meaningless) exhibition games that don't affect improvement, stats, etc. just to have something to do with the team before turnover. 
12/24/2014 10:10 AM
A coach asks for advice about gameplanning, distribution etc.   After I respond, he says, "but I like my strategy better because......".  Geez, if you're so happy with what you're doing, why did you write me?

Worse of all, however, are coaches who ask for advice but never acknowledge it with a 'thank you'. 
1/8/2015 12:58 PM
^^I do this to Al all the time, mostly because I know it annoys him.^^
1/9/2015 4:48 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 12/21/2014 4:52:00 PM (view original):
calling poaching "poaching" and meaning it.
saying there's no such thing as poaching and meaning it ;-)

It;s a word... a term that is used for an action.....to say it doesn't exist is simply nonsense.

Saying it's wrong..... saying you shouldn't do it... those things are somewhat annoying to me. Saying it doesn't exist.... cracks me up.
1/9/2015 5:45 PM (edited)
glad I brought you a little joy.

ETA: I never said the act that elicits the term (last cycle recruiting) doesn't exist, just that it doesn't need to have a word with a negative connotation associated with it. Its just part of the game...
1/9/2015 5:57 PM
Children be sure and be civil here. You have some very very old old "ole" long time coaches on this board. ( Right AB & Simp?)
1/9/2015 7:16 PM
Losing to teams you're 100 rating points higher than.
1/10/2015 3:23 PM
A big let peeve of mine is when people are upset they lost to a team and then they cite the fact their team rating is 10 points higher so they should have won.
1/10/2015 7:20 PM
Ineligibles being able to go JUCO after they've committed annoys me. I don't see why his commitment should be less binding than any other recruits.
1/10/2015 10:04 PM
...or when your useless asst. coach reports back from a scouting trip with the following....."I've been doing this a long time, based on the other coaches in attendance and what I was hearing in the gym, we really don't have a shot unless he gets passed over by the 'big boys'.".....if he recognizes the other coaches in the gym, why can't he tell me what other schools are interested?
1/11/2015 2:41 AM (edited)
missing the first cycle is the worst, after spending time scouting states and getting everything ready (when you could easily have 36 hours to put actions down for the first cycle) and then missing that little two hour window because of life
1/12/2015 12:56 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.