As stated by other HD coaches the job logic needs to be fixed/corrected.. I am a successful D2 coach with 2 NC appearances and 1 NC. I qualify for all C+ jobs except Big Six which I qualify for none.. A coach should be at least a long shot for those jobs. Let them set there and see if a better applicant comes along. If not give the job to the long shot guy. Why leave these jobs open under a SIM?
3/14/2015 11:48 AM
Your last 10 season resume doesn't look close to Big 6 worthy, and I'm glad that you aren't qualified.

Big 6 conferences are 90%+ full, the system works fine in that regard.

Prove yourself in D1 and you can get a Big 6 job.
3/14/2015 12:21 PM

And just breaking into Division-1 at all at a "D-" prestige school is a pain.

I think I'm going to need 3 NT appearances in Div-2.
It disregards anything done in Div-3.
And it disregards if you've built up a Div-2 school from the scrap heap.
3/14/2015 12:25 PM
I certainly hate the job logic, but I actually think it does pretty well for D2 coaches trying to jump to D1. I'd agree with stine that your resume is not quite ready for Big 6. I think the biggest problems come in how difficult it is for successful low-D1 coaches to move to Big 6 (or even to move to other successful low-D1 programs, if they were so inclined). Well, that and the firing logic. 
3/14/2015 12:27 PM
Thats weird. My resume in Tark is similar to yours and im qualified for every big 6 job except for a B+ opening.
3/14/2015 12:29 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 3/14/2015 12:27:00 PM (view original):
I certainly hate the job logic, but I actually think it does pretty well for D2 coaches trying to jump to D1. I'd agree with stine that your resume is not quite ready for Big 6. I think the biggest problems come in how difficult it is for successful low-D1 coaches to move to Big 6 (or even to move to other successful low-D1 programs, if they were so inclined). Well, that and the firing logic. 
I almost agree - although I don't think its all that hard for successful mid major coaches to move to BCS bottom feeders. The problem then becomes trying to take those 2nd tier BCS teams and position yourself for if and when a big time BCS opens up in that world...
3/14/2015 12:35 PM
Your resume is much better than the OPs.
3/14/2015 12:36 PM
Posted by kevodaphenom on 3/14/2015 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Thats weird. My resume in Tark is similar to yours and im qualified for every big 6 job except for a B+ opening.
dude, are you just trying to get compliments or are you sort of nuts? No offense to coachvegas who is a respectable, talented coach - your resume is miles better than his... based on: being ranked at end of season; how many tournament games won each season; 20 win seasons, etc...
3/14/2015 12:40 PM
I am trying to succeed in D1 for the first time. I took a D job, recruited well for my first class, now getting into my second class. I hope to build a successful program so I can get in a Big Six program down the line. I like the job logic as it is for D1. You have to work hard to get to it. I am going to try another strategy on another DII team I have, I will try and get directly to D1 Big Six. Will see what I need.

To jump to D1 from D2, you need A+/A+ and four NT bids. Depending on your success in NT, you get offers. But I did have a Sweet Sixteen NT on my resume and it only gave me D, D- jobs and one longshot at D+. So it's tough but I like it.
3/14/2015 12:44 PM
In Tarkanian, looking fast, I think I only saw two Big Six jobs opened right now.... They will probably get filled. So It will be a lot tougher for me.
3/14/2015 12:53 PM
In Tark I am qualified for C+ Alabama but not B- Drexel.
3/14/2015 1:07 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 3/14/2015 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarvolon on 3/14/2015 12:27:00 PM (view original):
I almost agree - although I don't think its all that hard for successful mid major coaches to move to BCS bottom feeders. The problem then becomes trying to take those 2nd tier BCS teams and position yourself for if and when a big time BCS opens up in that world...
I'm still a little ****** that building ETSU from D- prestige to the Sweet Sixteen didn't qualify me for some of the C+ prestige BCS jobs. I like the job I ended up taking, but I really do think that should be enough. Also, taking ETSU to the Sweet Sixteen didn't qualify me for a B- prestige Elon that had never been past the first round in their history. Kinda dumb, imo. 
3/14/2015 1:15 PM
Go for it Trenton, you have enough work on your Limestone team, you do not need two DII teams! Alabama, here you go!
3/14/2015 1:22 PM
Ever since I saw a guy with 35+ NT appearances not able to get a D1 job (and seble DEFENDED the circumstance), I am thoroughly convinced that the job logic/system sucks/is definitely broken.

My thought is and always has been, if you have coached 1 season at D1 in a world, you should ALWAYS have a D1 job waiting for you...all the D-'s at the very least.  I gear up for a few seasons now and again in Tark to try to get back into D1 (I've coached 3 seasons there, 2 at South Carolina State and 1 at Jacksonville) and it's always an exercise in futility.  There's no consistency.

3/14/2015 2:14 PM (edited)
This is what was/is not good enough for D1...gtfo...gmafb...

Season 95: Montana St., Billings 
27-4 (overall)/14-2 (conf), RPI: 43

Conference Tournament Champion
National Tournament - 2nd Round

Season 94: Montana St., Billings 
25-5 (overall)/14-2 (conf), RPI: 28

National Tournament At-large Bid
National Tournament - 1st Round

Season 93: Montana St., Billings 
24-6 (overall)/13-3 (conf), RPI: 76

Regular Season Conference Champion
Conference Tournament Champion
National Tournament - 1st Round
Conference Coach of the Year

Overall Record: 1183-715 (.623)
Home: 546-307 (.640)
Road: 486-328 (.597)
Players Drafted: 1 (details)
Conference
Record: 673-351 (.657)
Championships: 24
Tournament Championships: 22
National Tournament
Bids: 36
Record: 36-36 (.500)

3/14/2015 2:26 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.