Fatigue and Free Throws Topic

I am running a press with my Georgia Tech team , and unfortunately this year I will be playing with 10 guys because I have a walk on and an ineligible player. My stamina is not good either as a whole. One guy has 92, but 7 others have a range of 70-75, one new player has 56. My other new guy will probably be exhausted by the time he gets onto the court, with an incredible 48. Those two guys both have high improvement fortunately.

Obviously, I will play slowdown, but are there any other tricks anyone knows of to keep the team from getting exhausted. One thing I thought of was to try to keep pushing the ball inside to draw a lot of fouls. In real life, this would cause more game stoppages, and allow the players to catch their breath. Does this work in HD as well? Does anyone know? Any other tips?
3/21/2015 7:53 AM
Chapel, you've got the second longest confirmed win streak in the history of HD, 69 one behind Lostmyth's 70.  WE should all be asking YOU for tips, not the other way around!!

On a serious note, I don't know the answer to your question but I agree with your thought process regarding the free throws and catching your breath.  It makes sense.

The guy with the 48 stamina needs to either quit smoking or start.  I saw a recruit with a stamina of 37 in one recent world that just finished recruiting.  That dude gets winded getting out of bed I guess.  Tying his shoes is most definitely out of the question, straight velcro for that guy.

3/22/2015 4:19 AM
Yes, the more FTs and TOs there are, the better off you'll be w/r/t stamina.  It's a marginal benefit, and just how big it is is unclear to me, but seble confirmed this to me in a ticket some years ago.
3/22/2015 6:13 PM
Can you run a zone/press?   
3/22/2015 7:40 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 3/22/2015 4:19:00 AM (view original):
Chapel, you've got the second longest confirmed win streak in the history of HD, 69 one behind Lostmyth's 70.  WE should all be asking YOU for tips, not the other way around!!

On a serious note, I don't know the answer to your question but I agree with your thought process regarding the free throws and catching your breath.  It makes sense.

The guy with the 48 stamina needs to either quit smoking or start.  I saw a recruit with a stamina of 37 in one recent world that just finished recruiting.  That dude gets winded getting out of bed I guess.  Tying his shoes is most definitely out of the question, straight velcro for that guy.

To be fair, I probably have 25 stamina after that long winter.
3/22/2015 9:32 PM
Fatigue and Free Throws Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.