Unpopular Opinions Topic

Posted by therewas47 on 6/2/2015 11:56:00 AM (view original):
What are some opinions you all have that are unpopular?
I.e. A popular change that people want to see is to be able to pick what categories you get potential for when doing scouting trips.  I disagree and think it is fine as is and if a change like this was ever made scouting trips should become much more expensive to offset the added advantage of being able to see potential for specific categories.  
I share this unpopular opinion. Is it annoying when you have to deal with sending a few extra scouts? Yes, but I like the random element to the recruiting process. Makes us work a little harder sometimes. There should be some unknowns with recruiting, perhaps more unknowns than exist now without making recruiting TOO time consuming.
6/2/2015 5:34 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/2/2015 2:47:00 PM (view original):
also the game needs changing, a lot of people really seem against any sort of change
Great point...I'll be sure to start a thread in the Suggestions forum about how WIS should find better customers.
6/2/2015 11:08 PM
Ettaexpress should be allowed to come back.
6/3/2015 12:16 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/2/2015 11:08:00 PM (view original):
also the game needs changing, a lot of people really seem against any sort of change
Great point...I'll be sure to start a thread in the Suggestions forum about how WIS should find better customers.
do we really have to start this again, didn't you learn last time?

sure im pretty outgoing about my opinion that the game needs changes, but its not like im being a complete a-hole about it, and no matter how great a game gets it will never be perfect , i mean did they not just change the shot clock in real life obviously they understood the game wasn't perfect and decided to make a change hoping for a better result.  

Thats what im saying here, no matter what happens they're always going to be things that could be changed to continue making the game better as there is no such thing as a perfect game.  As a paying customer I should be able to voice my opinion, unpopular or not.

I also love how much discussion your suggestion post in that forum got, I see it really got a lot of people involved and spread awareness for whatever it was you suggested.
6/3/2015 12:53 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/3/2015 12:53:00 AM (view original):

sure im pretty outgoing about my opinion that the game needs changes, but its not like im being a complete a-hole about it, and no matter how great a game gets it will never be perfect , i mean did they not just change the shot clock in real life obviously they understood the game wasn't perfect and decided to make a change hoping for a better result.  

Thats what im saying here, no matter what happens they're always going to be things that could be changed to continue making the game better as there is no such thing as a perfect game.  As a paying customer I should be able to voice my opinion, unpopular or not.

I also love how much discussion your suggestion post in that forum got, I see it really got a lot of people involved and spread awareness for whatever it was you suggested.
Uhhhhhh, has the shot clock officially been changed yet??? I knew they were discussing it...but (just to be a dick on my part) it took college basketball 60 years to make the first shot clock rule, another decade to reduce it to 35 seconds, then another two decades to even start the discussion again.

Sooooooo, if that's your best example...then we are on the exact same page...drastic changes shouldn't be rushed into.

Yes, you are paying customer, and you can/should be able to voice your opinion. But if you do so in a dickish way for practically no reason towards people who work at the site and those who cautions against such reactionary behavior, then don't be surprised when there is less tolerance for snide little comments like your initial one.
6/3/2015 1:29 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/3/2015 12:16:00 AM (view original):
THATS unpopular.
6/3/2015 6:30 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/3/2015 1:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/3/2015 12:53:00 AM (view original):

Uhhhhhh, has the shot clock officially been changed yet??? I knew they were discussing it...but (just to be a dick on my part) it took college basketball 60 years to make the first shot clock rule, another decade to reduce it to 35 seconds, then another two decades to even start the discussion again.

Sooooooo, if that's your best example...then we are on the exact same page...drastic changes shouldn't be rushed into.

Yes, you are paying customer, and you can/should be able to voice your opinion. But if you do so in a dickish way for practically no reason towards people who work at the site and those who cautions against such reactionary behavior, then don't be surprised when there is less tolerance for snide little comments like your initial one.
I was more focused on how quickly they have been going through the process of discussing it and already have it up for vote I believe as I don't think changing the shot clock had a big following until the past season or 2 so I mean within 2 seasons it is already up for vote..  Here even if theres a good idea many people are behind we don't exactly know what happens we are told "discussed at the end of the month" but realistically I highly doubt that.  I mean how hard would it be for them every month to tell us what items were discussed that originated from the forums or support tickets, it would be nice to have some transparency.

Please let me know how I have been dickish in voicing my opinions.  I'm not sure how stating" the game needs change, even though a lot of people seem to be against it" is dickish, I mean did you read the damn title of the thread?  Voice unpopular opinions.  Do I bring up the idea of change a lot?  Yes, but it would be crazier to not be doing that.  The only time I get dickish and aggressive it when certain people try to be funny with their snide little comments.

6/3/2015 12:03 PM
Here's a link to my unpopular suggestion: Player Role Scouting Trip.
6/3/2015 12:45 PM
Oh ****!  That might be fun. NOT!
6/3/2015 2:49 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 6/3/2015 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Storytime?
6/3/2015 3:27 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/3/2015 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Storytime?
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=475122&ThreadID=10409472#l_10409472
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=475147&ThreadID=10412593#l_10412593
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=477015&ThreadID=10473118#l_10473118

Here are the large threads that should keep you busy for a while learning about ettaexpress. You can also search is name in the forums for other threads he started.
6/3/2015 3:56 PM
christ, why did I read one of those again...
6/3/2015 5:08 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/3/2015 5:08:00 PM (view original):
christ, why did I read one of those again...
Lmfao. Cause you had nothing better to do?
6/3/2015 9:47 PM
Posted by carson333 on 6/3/2015 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/3/2015 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Storytime?
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=475122&ThreadID=10409472#l_10409472
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=475147&ThreadID=10412593#l_10412593
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=477015&ThreadID=10473118#l_10473118

Here are the large threads that should keep you busy for a while learning about ettaexpress. You can also search is name in the forums for other threads he started.
Make sure you get a stiff drink before you do, like nacho used to do with him.
6/3/2015 9:49 PM
wait, is WIS considering changing the shot clock? i find that hard to believe, i mean, i don't doubt you guys if that is what you are saying, im just not sure that is really what is trying to be said, lol. if so, where is that discussion going on?
6/3/2015 10:17 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Unpopular Opinions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.