Will HD ever get a Facelift? Topic

As a long time player of this game, I am a little frustrated at how stagnent this game has become and how some of the flaws are not being addressed!  Is this the future of HD or is there something new on the horizon??
7/23/2015 10:04 AM
lol. 
7/23/2015 10:05 AM
Posted by getbedarded on 7/23/2015 10:05:00 AM (view original):
lol. 
I've only been around a short while, but this seems to be the general response whenever updates and changes are mentioned.
7/23/2015 11:26 AM
you get used to it eventually
7/23/2015 11:48 AM
For the new guys who are wondering about the negative attitude, there was a time when WIS was very active with HD. Changes were constantly being made--some good, some bad-- opinions were asked and improvements considered. Coaches were constantly complaining back then as well, but their complaints drew reactions from the WIS staff and sometimes led to action. Every so often sweeping changes would be made, and we all cowered in fear at the unintended aftermath, but there was a certain fun in never knowing what was going to happen next. And slowly and complainingly, we would pick up the pieces and help WIS put the engine back together, and we often ended up with some nifty improvements. And then a darkness fell across the land. Fox Sports bought WIS and HD was locked in the attic to slowly whither away and die.
7/23/2015 12:33 PM
I understand the wishes but I don't get the complaints.  This is a great game and there's nothing remotely similar out there.
7/23/2015 1:16 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 7/23/2015 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I understand the wishes but I don't get the complaints.  This is a great game and there's nothing remotely similar out there.
tis true, and why we are all here. There are things that could be made better probably, but there's no denying HD seems to be a very low priority.
7/23/2015 1:25 PM
+1
As far as facelifts go, I think an updated team home page with the correct school colors would be nice. I have run across a few that aren't even close to what the real school uses. Also, let us give our players #'s or have the SIM assign them one. Would also like to see some teams added like Urbana (Oh D2) and Walsh (Oh D2) as well. It wouldn't happen, but I'd settle for some minor cosmetic changes to spice things up.
7/23/2015 3:47 PM
Posted by pallas on 7/23/2015 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by getbedarded on 7/23/2015 10:05:00 AM (view original):
lol. 
I've only been around a short while, but this seems to be the general response whenever updates and changes are mentioned.
Ojinga and llamanunts nailed it. HD is low priority, so there aren't updates made regularly (within the last two years, all I can remember is the renewal process, and that is a lame update). However, the game is still a ton of fun. I'd love to get some updates (defensive matchups anyone?), but until then, I'll just enjoy the game as is. I still find new things all the time, and I'm a pretty decent coach. 
7/23/2015 6:11 PM
Posted by ojinga on 7/23/2015 12:33:00 PM (view original):
For the new guys who are wondering about the negative attitude, there was a time when WIS was very active with HD. Changes were constantly being made--some good, some bad-- opinions were asked and improvements considered. Coaches were constantly complaining back then as well, but their complaints drew reactions from the WIS staff and sometimes led to action. Every so often sweeping changes would be made, and we all cowered in fear at the unintended aftermath, but there was a certain fun in never knowing what was going to happen next. And slowly and complainingly, we would pick up the pieces and help WIS put the engine back together, and we often ended up with some nifty improvements. And then a darkness fell across the land. Fox Sports bought WIS and HD was locked in the attic to slowly whither away and die.
Perfectly stated.  Perfectly.
7/23/2015 6:15 PM
I agree this is a good game and that there's is nothing comparable out there but that doesn't mean the game can't and shouldn't be improved. The game has a number of issues (some more agreed upon than others and some more egregious than others) that should be addressed. Look at the world population data that billyg posted last night and you'll see a pretty uniform story across all divisions and all worlds - that is the user base of this game continues to decline. That fact appears to indicate that something needs to be done to re-energize the game.  Obviously FOX needs to do a better job of appealing to new users but, as the OP pointed out, the game appears to be growing more and more stale for the existing users who are simply dropping out as time goes by and the game continues to be ignored.

And that for me is where the complaints come in, they stem from the promises made for things to come ... promises of increased communication ... promises of game updates and fixes which all too often are followed by prolonged periods of silence followed by a few "nice" cosmetic changes but changes that do nothing to really improve the game.  The latest promise came in the last line of the email they sent out on 7/7 notifying us that we all need to change our passwords:

"PS - Game update announcements will be coming in the weeks ahead!"

I realize it has only been two weeks since the vague cryptic message was sent out but for a number of people who play this game, those who desire to see it improved upon, we are left wondering do these promised updates even apply to HD (presumably the email was sent to all WIS users and not just HD users)? If so, what will they be? But far and away I think the biggest question I come away with is will this finally be the time when they start working to improve the game? Or will it wind up being another in the long line of promises that sees site administrators get dragged away into some time consuming project that ultimately sees HD ignored yet again?

7/24/2015 11:13 AM (edited)
I didnt even get that announcement email. 
7/23/2015 7:26 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 7/23/2015 7:26:00 PM (view original):
I didnt even get that announcement email. 
you already had a good enough password then. i got the message on some accounts and not others, seemingly based on who got forced to update pw.
7/23/2015 7:55 PM
I'm in this boat.

I played at least one knock-off of HD that was basically trying to copycat this game and believe me when I tell you...IT WAS AWFUL and consequently no longer exists...hell I don't even remember what the site/game was.

To me, HD is the best text-based game in the world today, and is maybe my favorite game of any genre on any platform/console.

Especially with WIS, what I've learned...if it ain't broke, don't break it.

7/23/2015 10:25 PM
Posted by p6453 on 7/23/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
+1
As far as facelifts go, I think an updated team home page with the correct school colors would be nice. I have run across a few that aren't even close to what the real school uses. Also, let us give our players #'s or have the SIM assign them one. Would also like to see some teams added like Urbana (Oh D2) and Walsh (Oh D2) as well. It wouldn't happen, but I'd settle for some minor cosmetic changes to spice things up.
Something, anything just to prove there is a "Big Brother" out there!   
7/25/2015 8:51 AM
123 Next ▸
Will HD ever get a Facelift? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.