whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Colonels : you are staying at Mount Olive. You have a guaranteed life deal there. Forget about it.
8/17/2015 10:37 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/17/2015 10:23:00 PM (view original):
How often do you let people go?
If this question is being directed at me, the answer is only when necessary.

I schedule a meeting at least once per quarter with each employee, and I'm open with them on areas where they may need to improve and also on areas where they are excelling. Everyone has chances to make changes and fix issues.

I haven't had to let anyone go in some time. I find the key is hiring the right people and then communication, and that's because people who work hard and know what is expected of them rarely let me down.

8/18/2015 8:44 AM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/13/2015 9:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 8/13/2015 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Surprising to me that anyone would have or express an opinion about when others participate in this activity and the circumstances in which they work.

People are of course entitled to their opinions - including wrongheaded opinions.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you are surprised at the notion I would express an opinion on the matter, I'll elaborate:

I always ask myself how many people would love to have my job, and the answer is a lot of people. The next question I have for myself is why do I have any more right to my job than anyone else with similar qualifications does, and while it is in some ways a multi-faceted answer, the short answer is because I work harder.

I also take a great deal of pride in my work. It is my sincere belief that to do anything less than the best effort I have at any given moment in time means I shouldn't be doing it at all. My background is that if I can't give it my all, then the job should instead go to someone similarly qualified who will give it their all.

I do not expect anything from others that I am not willing to do myself. Since I would not expect to keep my own job if I do not give it my all, I expect nothing less from those who work for me. I also expect to be rewarded for my hard work, and so I reward those who work hard for me.

I don't see any point in doing a job if you aren't going to give it everything you've got at any point in time. That's why it always bothers me to hear anyone making a reference to using work time for something other than work (such as playing HD during work time), as it suggests they are not giving their work everything they have.

This is my culture and background and belief. If yours is different, that is fine.
Wow, those are some great points. You sound like an educated man, have you ever studied abroad?
8/18/2015 11:26 AM
Posted by zorzii on 8/17/2015 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Colonels : you are staying at Mount Olive. You have a guaranteed life deal there. Forget about it.
we'll double your Mount Olive salary!
8/18/2015 11:49 AM
Obviously, to limit post size, this a continued reply to shawnfucious (don't worry, probably the last time I'll jam up this thread):

Honestly, I started writing this reply twice but had to erase both of them because it just sounded like I was torturing a dead horse...and I LOVE driving metaphorical horses into the ground, even the gift horse.

This whole thing started with me calling you a grade A sucker. I was about right. Given that you've repeated the same 7 or 8 opinions over and over and over with just a hint of genuine appeal, I now consider you a grade A- sucker.

And I feel sorry for those mofo's who have to pretend to drink your cool-aide during every midday peptalk and quarterly performance review.
8/18/2015 1:06 PM
okay everybody, back to work!
8/18/2015 2:09 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/18/2015 2:09:00 PM (view original):
okay everybody, back to work!
no... they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freeeeeeeeedooooooooom!
8/18/2015 3:05 PM
Scotland forever!
8/18/2015 4:29 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/18/2015 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Obviously, to limit post size, this a continued reply to shawnfucious (don't worry, probably the last time I'll jam up this thread):

Honestly, I started writing this reply twice but had to erase both of them because it just sounded like I was torturing a dead horse...and I LOVE driving metaphorical horses into the ground, even the gift horse.

This whole thing started with me calling you a grade A sucker. I was about right. Given that you've repeated the same 7 or 8 opinions over and over and over with just a hint of genuine appeal, I now consider you a grade A- sucker.

And I feel sorry for those mofo's who have to pretend to drink your cool-aide during every midday peptalk and quarterly performance review.
Your return to meaningless attempts to cast aspersions onto me is just as pointless as it was the last time.

No one has to pretend to enjoy working for me, and your comments on this are at least ignorant and may show jealousy on your part. I don't care either way.
8/18/2015 5:23 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/18/2015 5:23:00 PM (view original):

Your return to meaningless attempts to cast aspersions onto me is just as pointless as it was the last time.

No one has to pretend to enjoy working for me, and your comments on this are at least ignorant and may show jealousy on your part. I don't care either way.
I knew you couldn't resist driving the HIGH horse into the ground........blahahahahaha
8/18/2015 5:46 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/18/2015 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 8/17/2015 10:37:00 PM (view original):
we'll double your Mount Olive salary!
BOOM!  That's a lot of zeroes.......lol
8/18/2015 9:29 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/18/2015 5:23:00 PM (view original):

Well I think we found the next douchebag on these boards ^^^
8/18/2015 9:30 PM
Ehh, there's a lot of arrogant disagreement going on here, myself included.  Luckily, though, it's not reaching the hights/depths of some previous characters.
8/18/2015 9:34 PM
i honestly dont think the guy is that bad, he isn't really picking fights with people, getting into the theater of the absurd, calling names, bashing minority groups, etc... i just think hes a little closed minded, assuming people using HD at work are abusing the privilege (maybe its 5m during lunch), and doesn't realize how that comes off. i could see him having a reasonable conversation about something else...
8/18/2015 11:10 PM
Him suggesting nachopuzzle was/is jealous of him put me over the top.  Nach is really a stand-up dude and we've discussed this situation and his feelings about shawnfucious...I think they're quite valid.  The guy seems like a chooch of a boss, just saying.
8/18/2015 11:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...25 Next ▸
whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.