whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/22/2015 3:57:00 AM (view original):
^^^^^^^ STANDING OVATION ^^^^^^^^^
I thought that I was on crazy pills the first time I read his whole paragraph, thank god trev reaffirmed my sanity. Let's just just break down that one statement by yawnfucious.

1. "even on breaks" - So, if you had a NT game (let alone a final four game) and you were on break, and wouldn't get off till the game had simmed....you're tellig me that you wouldn't feel the need to use a computer to quiickly and properly prepare for the game??? --- and on a personal note, if you wouldn't just take 3 minutes of an already idle company computers cpu time (without asking your boss) then you've just upgraded back to a full grade A sucker.

2: YOU ALREADY SAID OVER AND OVER AND OVER THAT IF YOU HAD FREE TIME AT WORK, THEN YOU'D FIND YOUR DUMBASS BOSS AND ASK FOR MORE WORK....LET ALONE FOR A PAY RAISE.

3. Trevor is exactly right. - Who the **** ever asked for a raise at work while standing around with nothing to do?????

...and this is just a few examples from ONE of those statements, and most likely shows how most of what you're saying is some ideological bullshit or personal narrative that you're trying to sell for way more than what its worth.
1. No, I would not feel the need to use the computer. This game is fun, but it's not nearly important enough for me to steal to try to win a game.

2. I never said I had a dumbass boss. Yes, I would ask for more work if I had time, and I'd ask for a raise if I were so productive I had said time. What is your point?

3. Anyone who was so productive they'd already done all of their work. Your statement leads me to believe that's never been you.

Your last statements are baseless assumptions.

8/22/2015 5:30 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/22/2015 5:10:00 AM (view original):
This thread went it a bunch of different directions.

1) Why are you playing games on a work computer?

Depending on where you work this is playing with fire. If your work policy says "no gaming" you would be violating that by using this site. If a company was really that hard up on enforcing the policy, they could review what websites you are looking at, and you would be reprimanded.

2) When on the job you should be 100% productive at all times, and if not, you should ask your boss for more work to do.

This is silly. This doesn't happen if you are working in a department store, a police officer, or anything else. You would grind yourself into the ground. There may be people that operate at 100% all the time, but it would be an absolute rarity.

3) Is WIS aiding and abetting people by giving a workaround for internet filters?

Yes, so what.

4) If you need to get on WIS, use a smartphone.

Agreed. I was the last person in my workplace to get a smartphone, that was 4 years ago. You're out of luck in the one example of being a secured area, like if you work in a certain part of a military base.
1. You might even lose your job.

2. If you aren't willing to do the job to the best of your ability, you should cede it to someone who will. There aren't enough jobs (especially good ones) to go around, so they should go to those willing to actually do the work.

If it's so rare for someone to operate at 100 percent all the time, then those are the people who should earn the most money and have the best jobs. That doesn't always happen, which is the true shame.

8/22/2015 5:32 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/22/2015 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 8/21/2015 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/21/2015 11:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/21/2015 9:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/20/2015 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/20/2015 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 8/20/2015 1:54:00 AM (view original):
when someone says that rules are black and white, that any violation is a serious violation and that every variation is blasphemy, ooops,I mean stealing, one starts to understand his perspective.
I never said all rules were black and white, merely that this issue was.

I also never said any violation is a serious violation. Again, I was addressing a specific issue.

I don't think you understand my perspective at all given you seem to think I've said things I did not say at all.

i just wonder, if so many people see your perspective differently than you, where the problem actually lies...

in response to your last post... seems you are basically agreeing, based on the circumstances of my workplace, theres nothing wrong with using HD at work as long as its on break. i suppose my point all along is, if you don't know if its ok for other people or not, there's really no need to post about how you cant see why people would use HD at work and how if you had all that time you'd want a raise, etc, etc - essentially condescending to the folks who do use it - when its really fairly normal for people to be allowed to use the internet on break.
I know what the problem is, and that shows where it lies.

The problem is some people do not read what someone says but instead of accepting it for what it is, they believe they must add their own meaning to it through assumption, conjecture, guesswork, and so on.

My point is if you don't know for certain your use of equipment/connections belonging to someone else (in this case your workplace) is okay by those in authority, then you should not be doing it.

I truly don't see a need to use work equipment/connections to play HD - even on breaks. If I did have time to play while working, I would indeed ask for a raise.

I stand by both statements, and neither was condescending. Interpreting them as such is adding meaning that isn't there, which as I stated earlier is the problem you spoke of.

Your last statement about what is supposed "normal" is also mere conjecture as well as an attempt to state that he opposite position is "not normal,"  yet offering no reason - much less any evidence - to support that conclusion.

While I'm sure some employers are fine with employees using the internet on break, there are many which are not.  I wouldn't classify either situation as "normal", especially considering the entirely relative nature of the term "normal".

Wow, the self contained echo chamber of your mind actually is as inpeniteable as it sounds to the rest of us.
This line doesn't make sense by the way, shawnfoolish...

I truly don't see a need to use work equipment/connections to play HD - even on breaks. If I did have time to play while working, I would indeed ask for a raise.

Why would you ask for a raise when you had time to **** around at work?  Wouldn't you seek a raise because you're so busy all the time and not so slow?  Your logic is backwards here...although I can't say that I'm surprised.

Why ask for a raise?

If I have enough time to play games, it means my work is all done, which means I'm being incredibly productive, which is cause for a raise.

Yes, I'd seek the raise because I'm busy and not so slow. That's exactly the point - if I've got time to play games, I've clearly been making great use of my work time.

I'm sorry you misunderstood, but that has no bearing upon the inherent logic behind what I've said.

But what if there just isn't a lot of work and you get done early?  Because you have nothing to do, doesn't mean that you're uber productive...it just means that you're STEALING your company's money for doing NOTHING...
8/22/2015 7:07 PM
Guys, if you look under shawnfucious' name you will see a "Block this user" option. I suggest clicking on it. He completely hijacked this thread with his ramblings. Just block them out.
8/22/2015 7:46 PM (edited)
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/21/2015 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 8/21/2015 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/19/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 8/18/2015 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Him suggesting nachopuzzle was/is jealous of him put me over the top.  Nach is really a stand-up dude and we've discussed this situation and his feelings about shawnfucious...I think they're quite valid.  The guy seems like a chooch of a boss, just saying.
I suggested he is jealous of my employees, a reasonable idea given his statement. There was no reason for him to say what he did otherwise.

It is reasonable you are similar in that way, given you last statement.
2:46 PM on a Wed. Are you suppose to be working?  It is in the middle of a work day. Are you stealing or is the policy just for your employees and not you?
You do not know what constitutes my workday, nor do you know when I might have a break to eat or otherwise.
You just stated you can't get on employers computer weather on break or not.  You also said there is no break(only to make a family emergency phone call). So what break are you talking about. You don't get a break, you're working to much, remember.  You just STOLE.  Like I said before I get paid for what I know, not productivity. I could go 8 hours without a call, but I get paid for them 8 hours cause I'm at work waiting for something to break. The minute something breaks I'm there. I'll remember this when you're having heart surgery and the Cath Lab breaks down and I'm to busy trying to be productive to fix the lab and save your life.  Idiot
8/22/2015 8:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by terps21234 on 8/22/2015 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/21/2015 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 8/21/2015 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/19/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 8/18/2015 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Him suggesting nachopuzzle was/is jealous of him put me over the top.  Nach is really a stand-up dude and we've discussed this situation and his feelings about shawnfucious...I think they're quite valid.  The guy seems like a chooch of a boss, just saying.
I suggested he is jealous of my employees, a reasonable idea given his statement. There was no reason for him to say what he did otherwise.

It is reasonable you are similar in that way, given you last statement.
2:46 PM on a Wed. Are you suppose to be working?  It is in the middle of a work day. Are you stealing or is the policy just for your employees and not you?
You do not know what constitutes my workday, nor do you know when I might have a break to eat or otherwise.
You just stated you can't get on employers computer weather on break or not.  You also said there is no break(only to make a family emergency phone call). So what break are you talking about. You don't get a break, you're working to much, remember.  You just STOLE.  Like I said before I get paid for what I know, not productivity. I could go 8 hours without a call, but I get paid for them 8 hours cause I'm at work waiting for something to break. The minute something breaks I'm there. I'll remember this when you're having heart surgery and the Cath Lab breaks down and I'm to busy trying to be productive to fix the lab and save your life.  Idiot
You continue to have the same problem many have had here - you are claiming I've said things I did not say.

What I actually said was this - Those who are not 100 percent certain they have the permission of the appropriate authority should not be using equipment/connections at work for personal use.  Those who have permission obviously can do so.

While I do work a lot, I never said there were no breaks.

You are taking these posts far too seriously and too personally. Please don't insult me just because you disagree with me.

8/22/2015 11:10 PM
I was hoping someone with these opinions would be like an 85 year old Mr Potter/ Lionel Barrymore type. Pretty bummed that he's in the 26 to 34 age range.

Also, remember the "I Love Lucy" episode where she took a job at a chocolate factory and couldn't keep up with the speed of the conyevor belt...? That's the image i have in my head. She would've been extremely busy and wouldn't have had the time to check HD if it had been invented back then.
8/22/2015 11:18 PM
I am surprised a busy person like shawnfucious has time to read and pontificate on a sports website. We should all count ourselves blessed to have this wisdom sent our way.
8/22/2015 11:24 PM
I'm curious as to which jobs require 100 percent attention...

I can come up with:
- air traffic controller.
- assembly line automaker.
- someone who monitors security cameras to catch shoplifters.
- saw mill operator.
- phone company switchboard operator, back before computers could interpret voice commands.
8/22/2015 11:30 PM
Because the "quotes" are getting ridiculously large...shawnfoolish said...

"If there's not enough work, then most times that means someone isn't doing their job somewhere.

If I ever have nothing to do, it always means it's because I was very productive, because there is a lot to do.

If you have no work to do and you ask for more work to do and none can be provided, you aren't stealing anything. You've done what you can to be productive."

Your first sentence doesn't make sense.  You have a really bad habit of not making sense.  You're a pompous *** and comments like these continually prove it.  I highly doubt you've ever asked for more work to do, IJS.

8/23/2015 10:54 AM
the guy already admitted he was wrong, let's just move on
8/23/2015 5:28 PM
It's really about Mr. Belding at this point, so leave us be.
8/23/2015 8:48 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 8/22/2015 11:18:00 PM (view original):
I was hoping someone with these opinions would be like an 85 year old Mr Potter/ Lionel Barrymore type. Pretty bummed that he's in the 26 to 34 age range.

Also, remember the "I Love Lucy" episode where she took a job at a chocolate factory and couldn't keep up with the speed of the conyevor belt...? That's the image i have in my head. She would've been extremely busy and wouldn't have had the time to check HD if it had been invented back then.
Why would you hope anyone with any particular opinion would be of any particular age group?

It's sad when some of you can't simply disagree with others but have to pretend your opinions are somehow superior.

8/23/2015 10:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...25 Next ▸
whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.