whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Ya got me gill!
9/5/2015 2:21 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/5/2015 12:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/4/2015 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/4/2015 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/4/2015 7:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 9/3/2015 2:17:00 PM (view original):
1.  tongue in cheek - my comment was primarily in jest - although most humor takes it base in reality in some way

2. people do - in fact - vary widely in their Work Ethic - in the real world.  

3. Although the ratings in the game are of course arbitrary, we see very few WE of 100 - and in life I dont think I have ever met anyone who gave 100% effort every minute - and I work hard with some extremely driven people in very demanding contexts

Sure people vary widely in their work ethic in the real world. That's why you hire and keep the ones with great work ethic.

Your own experiences do not encompass all of reality. That much should be evident since your own experiences run contrary to the fact that some people do give 100 percent effort all the time.

Based upon that, apparently your definition of "extremely driven" is quite loose. I would never label anyone as "extremely driven" if they gave less than 100 percent of their full effort.

luckily, ive missed a bunch of your drivel lately, but this one is pretty bad. what about a 99% worker? 99.99%? still not good enough?

this post is a great example, in showing there will never be a meeting of the minds here. individuals who have evolved beyond our cavemen days generally understand the world is not black and white, and further, that perfection is a goal - a moving target - one that can never be achieved. frankly, if you use anything less as definition for perfection (which you are), you are proving your own imperfection - you are conceding a ceiling, a limit, an inherent imperfection - and lack the vision and mental faculties to even contemplate improvement - where as an individual greater than yourself would continue to improve over time. also you are suggesting anything less than perfection is unacceptable - which to a rational person, borders on insane - that means everything is unacceptable, as nothing is perfect. its like saying the only amount of money you could earn and be satisfied with, is infinity. ok, good luck with that. further, you are sitting here claiming you have achieved this theoretical perfection, which is not only irrational but incredibly narcissistic.

its pretty obvious, nobody can constructively argue with this guy. im sure he will come back with some incredibly lame response about how perfect he is an what slackers we all are, how 99.99% workers are slackers and its our low american standards that makes us think differently. he will probably deny that thinking he is perfect inherently makes him imperfect, using some circular logic and multiple inappropriate usages of the word "fact". all in all, it will only serve to reinforce his own narcissism. please, proceed...
You want to settle for less than your best effort as an excuse. Your insult attempts only show you have no real argument.

Then again, a caveman had to work hard and give his best effort every day or he might have to go hungry. If you slack off at work, maybe no one will notice right then except you.

I never said perfection was the standard. You added that. It didn't come from me.

I also never said anything less than perfection is unacceptable. Again, that's your little addition. It didn't come from me.

It is certainly obvious YOU can't argue effectively against me. You consistently misrepresent my position, either out of sheer ignorance of it or by design in an attempt to create a strawman you think you can best. Then you launch insult attempts to try to cover your lack of real argument.

The best advice I can sincerely give you is this: Stop making assumptions about me and what I've said. Simply read my statements as they are written and respond to that and only that. Then you might have a shot at arguing against my point, because you'd know what to argue against.

I am not making assumptions, I am expressing my opinions, based on the facts. I know very well the difference between opinion and fact.  Do you understand that my opinions are based upon the facts?

I think that would be a difficult admission for you, since it would likely shatter the notion that you might be able to argue effectively against what I've said.

I already believe that's a foregone conclusion anyway, but sheer stubbornness is likely to keep one without a sound argument from giving up.
The facts run contrary to your opinions. Therefore, to state your opinions are based upon the facts is false.

The fact that I've already reduced you to having a non-argument also works against everything else you've said.

Repeating what I've already stated when it doesn't make sense for you given what you've already said also doesn't help you.

9/5/2015 9:46 AM
Just because you're a hard worker doesn't mean you're a great worker.

Look at Tebow.
9/5/2015 2:10 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/5/2015 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Just because you're a hard worker doesn't mean you're a great worker.

Look at Tebow.
While you can be a hard worker without being great, you cannot be a great worker without working hard.  I'll take the hard worker with potential over the supposedly great worker every single time.

As for Tebow, he's a far better football player and quarterback than most give him credit for. In a league where half the starting QBs aren't solidly entrenched in their jobs, he should be able to compete.

9/5/2015 3:16 PM
I'd take lazy Randy Moss over Tebow if I was building a team. He could have been the best WR of all time if his work ethic was better but hes still a hall of famer. So yes you can be great without having the best work ethic
9/5/2015 3:43 PM
Robinson Cano.....I'd take him
9/5/2015 5:15 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/5/2015 3:44:00 PM (view original):
I'd take lazy Randy Moss over Tebow if I was building a team. He could have been the best WR of all time if his work ethic was better but hes still a hall of famer. So yes you can be great without having the best work ethic
you are wrong to take moss over tebow. shawn proved in the last post that a someone who is not a hard worker cannot be great. the facts he presented clearly laid this out. therefore, randy moss is a ****** player who is unfit for any NFL team. or, randy moss was a really hard worker and was just putting up appearances to keep us fooled. you would know this if you would focus on the facts and stop making assumptions.
9/6/2015 12:14 AM
Posted by milwood on 9/5/2015 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Robinson Cano.....I'd take him
the only reason you'd take him is because you are a lazy american with low american standards.
9/6/2015 12:14 AM
Americans aren't lazy. They are confused if they name Donald Trump President though.
9/6/2015 8:09 AM
I would never want the real Randy Moss near any team I managed. On WIS, in fantasy football, on a video game, sure - because that Randy Moss doesn't have the real one's horrible attitude.

Moss played when he wanted to and was a disruptive oaf when he didn't want to play. As you said, he could have been the best of all time.

He is the single biggest reason the 07 Patriots were so dominant. It wasn't Tom Brady, the glory hog QB who gets all the credit. Clearly Brady has played there many seasons and while the team has often been good they were never THAT good.

You can have Randy Moss to build a team. Good luck when he decides he doesn't want to play - which will be much of the time if history is any judge.
9/6/2015 8:46 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/6/2015 12:15:00 AM (view original):
you are wrong to take moss over tebow. shawn proved in the last post that a someone who is not a hard worker cannot be great. the facts he presented clearly laid this out. therefore, randy moss is a ****** player who is unfit for any NFL team. or, randy moss was a really hard worker and was just putting up appearances to keep us fooled. you would know this if you would focus on the facts and stop making assumptions.
Yes, someone who is not a hard worker can't be great.

The difference is that when Moss did work hard - such as on the 07 Patriots - then he was great. When he didn't work hard, he obviously wasn't.

9/6/2015 8:48 AM
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/6/2015 8:46:00 AM (view original):
I would never want the real Randy Moss near any team I managed. On WIS, in fantasy football, on a video game, sure - because that Randy Moss doesn't have the real one's horrible attitude.

Moss played when he wanted to and was a disruptive oaf when he didn't want to play. As you said, he could have been the best of all time.

He is the single biggest reason the 07 Patriots were so dominant. It wasn't Tom Brady, the glory hog QB who gets all the credit. Clearly Brady has played there many seasons and while the team has often been good they were never THAT good.

You can have Randy Moss to build a team. Good luck when he decides he doesn't want to play - which will be much of the time if history is any judge.
I've coached a ton of "Randy Moss" type kids.......if you're goal is to win,  you'd be an idiot to not take a player with exceptional talent.....Have you ever coached a team shawn?  I would be surprised if anyone with coaching experience wouldn't take a player who was always the best player on the field.....
9/6/2015 10:55 AM
coach also has to look in the mirror when he has a player not giving 100% of what he is capable of giving - 
9/6/2015 2:10 PM
Posted by scaturo on 9/6/2015 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/6/2015 8:46:00 AM (view original):

I've coached a ton of "Randy Moss" type kids.......if you're goal is to win,  you'd be an idiot to not take a player with exceptional talent.....Have you ever coached a team shawn?  I would be surprised if anyone with coaching experience wouldn't take a player who was always the best player on the field.....
Players with exceptional talent don't help you win when they don't work hard, disrupt the chemistry of your team, and generally waste everyone's time with their antics.

Honestly, I'd rather lose with players who work hard than win with the best player on the field who is a constant source of disruption. Sometimes the cost of a victory simply isn't worth the price.

9/6/2015 4:57 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 9/6/2015 2:10:00 PM (view original):
coach also has to look in the mirror when he has a player not giving 100% of what he is capable of giving - 
A coach can only do so much. If they coach is putting forth 100 percent effort in coaching, it's no longer on his shoulders.
9/6/2015 4:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25 Next ▸
whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.