Hurry up new recruiting process Topic

Tried of whoever has the most money buys the best players
You rock Fla St in crum world way to identfy players after two other schools have battle for him for three days
Poachers hope you can recruit once the process changes.
1/16/2016 5:29 PM
But that's realistic
1/16/2016 5:34 PM
How so? Five star went to Mississippi state this year so I guess that is your point lol? I just think time you spend recruiting should count more than I can spend more than you in two cycles
1/16/2016 5:38 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thank you for making my point. It's all about big six and money. Plus Fla St wasn't even involed in the recruiting battle until they couldn't poach someone else
Hope you learn to recruit only when the process comes around and you can't poach

I was talking about msu in real life idoit
1/16/2016 6:04 PM (edited)
Posted by willowcards2 on 1/16/2016 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Thank you for making my point. It's all about big six and money. Plus Fla St wasn't even involed in the recruiting battle until they couldn't poach someone else
Hope you learn to recruit only when the process comes around and you can't poach

And then you should recruit accordingly of how HD works.

I'm saying comparing MSU in real life to HD UAB is completely irrelavent.

Poaching won't be affected by the new recruiting updates anyways.

You shouldn't have spent all the money in the first 2 days it's useless and all your are doing is battling for nothing but leading fss.  A lot of big 6 schools don't do anything until close to signing because after the first 2 cycles and before signing it isn't important who is leading fss.

I hope you learn to not be an idiot and waste your money during recruiting.

You can get back to me when you can even make a NT game at UAB
1/16/2016 6:17 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/16/2016 6:17:00 PM (view original):

You shouldn't have spent all the money in the first 2 days it's useless and all your are doing is battling for nothing but leading fss.  A lot of big 6 schools don't do anything until close to signing because after the first 2 cycles and before signing it isn't important who is leading fss.

By this I assume you mean the OP should only try to recruit second or maybe even third rate players that will ensure his team never has the ability to do anything more than make an occasional NT and maybe, if he gets lucky, advance to the second round?

Yes, recruiting in this game is completely realistic ... 
1/16/2016 7:22 PM
Recruiting isn't the problem - D1 baseline prestige and other advantages to big name, big conference schools in D1 is the problem.

The game works GREAT at D2 and D3. The best change would make D1 more like D2 and D3 - no baseline prestige, no power conferences except what human coaches create by having a bunch of good coaches in one conference.

There is NO reason HD has to have the same power schools or power conferences as real life. None.

I have one D1 school that I keep just to see what I can do, but the game is FAR better at D2 and D3.

1/16/2016 7:34 PM

I would get to NT if I didn't have to deal with poachers
1/16/2016 8:22 PM
I disagree Bistiza. I think the big six concept is great, the mid-major concept is great. The advantage needs to be lessened so that some teams can sneak into a final four sometimes or even get to the national game. But if we are realistic when's the last time a non big six team has won the NCAA tournament?

UNLV 1990
Marquette 1977
UTEP 1966

When was the last time a non-big-six went to the final game?

Butler (2010-2011)
Utah 1998
Houston (1983-1984)
Indiana State (1979) Larry Bird

So the game needs to take that into account.

1/16/2016 8:28 PM
"Hey, Johnny, this is Coach Hamilton of Florida State. I realize that you've already told the good folks at UAB that you'll play for their program, but I'd like to offer you a full-ride scholarship to Florida State. You'll get to play all the ACC teams every year, and your family and friends will be able to watch you on ESPN many, many times each season. We really need you when we go up against Duke and North Carolina. I completely understand, however, if you want to honor your commitment to the Blazer staff - after all, they get the make trips to schools like Western Kentucky every season. I am hoping you will consider becoming a Seminole, and maybe one day adding your name to a list of the 30 Florida State players, like Dave Cowens and Sam Cassell, who have made the jump to the NBA."

"Sorry, coach, but I'd really prefer to go to the University of Alabama, Birmingham", said no one ever.
1/16/2016 8:28 PM
Posted by willowcards2 on 1/16/2016 8:22:00 PM (view original):

I would get to NT if I didn't have to deal with poachers
Yes because poachers are the only thing stopping to from making the nt.

And no other non big 6 school has to deal with poachers, ever...

Maybe change your methods of recruiting and expectations if who you are going to get since it's clearly not working.
1/16/2016 9:02 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 1/16/2016 7:22:00 PM (view original):

By this I assume you mean the OP should only try to recruit second or maybe even third rate players that will ensure his team never has the ability to do anything more than make an occasional NT and maybe, if he gets lucky, advance to the second round?

Yes, recruiting in this game is completely realistic ... 
Yes that is what I am saying because D1 is bad in HD and that's all you can really expect unless your are a hof coach.

You have to play low D1 (however uab is more midmajors however a mid major doesn't really offer to much more) with realistic goals in mind fr the NT and for recruiting.
1/16/2016 9:10 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/16/2016 8:28:00 PM (view original):
I disagree Bistiza. I think the big six concept is great, the mid-major concept is great. The advantage needs to be lessened so that some teams can sneak into a final four sometimes or even get to the national game. But if we are realistic when's the last time a non big six team has won the NCAA tournament?

UNLV 1990
Marquette 1977
UTEP 1966

When was the last time a non-big-six went to the final game?

Butler (2010-2011)
Utah 1998
Houston (1983-1984)
Indiana State (1979) Larry Bird

So the game needs to take that into account.

I disagree. Why exactly does the game need to take that in to account? The gym is unrealistic in far more important areas (fouling rate anyone?) So who cares if UAB turns into a powerhouse in one of the worlds? Also you're going back about 60 seasons in real life when we are through hundreds of seasons in HD across all worlds. Times change. Programs change. Coaches change. Why be so rigid?

I'm sure you have probably left out some more but memphis made the title game in 73 and 08.
1/16/2016 9:50 PM
Louisville won the championship as a member of the Metro in '80 and '86
1/16/2016 10:00 PM
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
Hurry up new recruiting process Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.