wait, what? UK @ c+ prestige Topic

i thought teams could not drop to 2 full grades below their baseline, they could only drop 1 and 2/3rds, so an A+ school could only drop to a B-. i'd seen some pretty terrible elite schools only be that B-.

but in rupp, UK is a C+! apparently, they were a while back too. is UK maybe only an A, not an A+ like we all thought? or can schools actually drop to two grades below their baseline? this is very surprising to me, to see... not sure what to make of it.
1/28/2016 4:01 PM
Since sebles change on how baseline works I think teams can drop a little farther than they used to...
1/28/2016 4:03 PM
wow, our very own michigan state team in rupp, which i co-coach with dacj, shows a C+ prestige way back in the day, too. i can't imagine both MSU and UK are A baseline in this game. does that mean teams can drop 2 whole grades? i would have sworn that iguana (i think it was iguana) had his prestige calculations based on teams dropping at most 1 and 2/3rds grades, and that everyone had seen that forever and it was always believed to be that way. 
1/28/2016 4:04 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 1/28/2016 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Since sebles change on how baseline works I think teams can drop a little farther than they used to...
oh... very interesting. i think you are on to something with this...
1/28/2016 4:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I have no inside knowledge here, but how's the conference in that world?
Prestige is more than just your baseline and drop or add... It now builds upon itself and also reflects your conference prestige quite a bit. If the conference prestige has dropped considerably from it's not good baseline and the team has also dropped, theoretically a team could drop more than 2 full letters.
1/28/2016 5:31 PM
SEC is B prestige.
1/28/2016 5:34 PM
team prestige no longer has the hard line bottom baseline in D1.

These changes were made a few years ago (maybe 4-5 years which would be 30-35 seasons in a one-a-day world).

I recall the reasoning to be a bit vague as to whether it was strictly the team that could drop below the line, or if it required the performance of the overall conference to help drag them below
1/28/2016 5:34 PM
so I sent a ticket about how this was possible, they asked what the question was, I said how is the coach still there and not fired.  they closed the ticket, I reopened it with"..." closed again, reopened with "why are you closing this?"

WIS at it's best.
1/30/2016 7:20 PM
theOnly : Sometimes, you are too intense! (Smile) They need to get some programming going. But honestly, It dépends. I checked and the team was C+ year 66. The new guy went and Grabbed the team and pushed it to B year 73, then B+ 74. So he was making strides. Since then he went from B to B+, then got three losing seasons and a record of 6-21 last season. C+ In 13 years, NT twice first round loss. So it's a fire for sure.
1/30/2016 8:32 PM
Not that I will ever get to an elite program... but this makes me not want to even leave D2.  Like I LOVE the idea of being able to go to a power conference school and play with my family (5 of us play all together and are always in the same conference.)  We will never have that chance though because people who don't deserve spots never get fired!
1/30/2016 10:38 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=12977

I can't believe I haven't been fired yet.  Actually haven't had more than a couple seasons of "boosters complaining"

Right now I'm "meeting expectations"...quite low expectations here in Stillwater I suppose

1/31/2016 11:15 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/30/2016 7:20:00 PM (view original):
so I sent a ticket about how this was possible, they asked what the question was, I said how is the coach still there and not fired.  they closed the ticket, I reopened it with"..." closed again, reopened with "why are you closing this?"

WIS at it's best.
that actually wasn't my point at all, a while back it would have been impossible for uk to drop to a c+. seble made a change that apparently made that possible.

my ? is, how many tickets do you have with them on firings? i'm guessing a lot? they probably felt like it was already answered (although they should have sent you a canned response at least!).

i didn't know they actually closed tickets, mine just stay open in answered form forever until i close it.
1/31/2016 2:07 PM
They've been answering all my tickets. I opened one about the longshots... Will see if I get an answer.
1/31/2016 4:52 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/31/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/30/2016 7:20:00 PM (view original):

WIS at it's best.
that actually wasn't my point at all, a while back it would have been impossible for uk to drop to a c+. seble made a change that apparently made that possible.

my ? is, how many tickets do you have with them on firings? i'm guessing a lot? they probably felt like it was already answered (although they should have sent you a canned response at least!).

i didn't know they actually closed tickets, mine just stay open in answered form forever until i close it.
on firings I think maybe 1/2 not a lot, I don't actually have as many tickets as you would think
1/31/2016 6:08 PM
123 Next ▸
wait, what? UK @ c+ prestige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.