Don't Fix What Isn't Broken (Following Dev Chat) Topic

Posted by jetsons on 3/8/2016 9:07:00 AM (view original):
I've not encountered a single reason why a complete re-do or overhaul is necessary in any way.

That being said, I agree that there should be some changes. SIM teams need to be more viable recruiters. My biggest concern is putting everyone in DI with $50K for recruiting plus $5K per recruit. Teams with EEs that have 4-6 openings will be killed by teams with one or two openings. How does that make sense?
I have.

The game is not yet fun enough, for enough people, to fill 10 worlds with the current advertising budget.
3/8/2016 6:45 PM
Posted by jetwildcat on 3/8/2016 6:45:00 PM (view original):
I've not encountered a single reason why a complete re-do or overhaul is necessary in any way.

That being said, I agree that there should be some changes. SIM teams need to be more viable recruiters. My biggest concern is putting everyone in DI with $50K for recruiting plus $5K per recruit. Teams with EEs that have 4-6 openings will be killed by teams with one or two openings. How does that make sense?
I have.

The game is not yet fun enough, for enough people, to fill 10 worlds with the current advertising budget.
Bingo.
3/8/2016 6:49 PM
"the current advertising budget"?

hmm, that would be what - like $1.37 per month?
3/8/2016 6:55 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/8/2016 6:55:00 PM (view original):

They probably get about $3.50
3/8/2016 8:32 PM
Posted by jetwildcat on 3/8/2016 8:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 3/8/2016 6:55:00 PM (view original):

They probably get about $3.50
tree fiddy.
3/8/2016 9:09 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/8/2016 6:49:00 PM (view original):

I have.

Bingo.
That's not a reason, because the chances of that happening given the current budget are slim and none, and as they say, slim just left the building.

The game is perfectly fun as it is - the problem is many people don't know about it at all. Advertising is that solution - failure to have the budget for the actual solution doesn't mean time and effort should be wasted on doing something else that isn't a solution.
3/9/2016 11:24 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/9/2016 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/8/2016 6:49:00 PM (view original):

I have.

Bingo.
That's not a reason, because the chances of that happening given the current budget are slim and none, and as they say, slim just left the building.

The game is perfectly fun as it is - the problem is many people don't know about it at all. Advertising is that solution - failure to have the budget for the actual solution doesn't mean time and effort should be wasted on doing something else that isn't a solution.
Retention is a problem.
3/9/2016 1:06 PM
It's NOT because recruiting needs a complete overhaul, and THAT is the point.

What they're doing now is trying to solve a problem by fixing something that doesn't need fixing.
3/10/2016 2:59 PM
recruiting has been a problem in Div 1 for A LONG time.
3/10/2016 4:31 PM
Posted by taniajane on 3/10/2016 4:31:00 PM (view original):
but not mainly due to the reasons they are trying to fix currently.
3/10/2016 4:59 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/10/2016 2:59:00 PM (view original):

What they're doing now is trying to solve a problem by fixing something that doesn't need fixing.
I think the in season recruiting change will help with retention. I've had several friends leave after a couple seasons because they were bored during the season.
3/10/2016 5:47 PM
Posted by taniajane on 3/10/2016 4:31:00 PM (view original):
The disease impacting DI (IMHO) is prestige. Overhauling the recruiting process is treating a symptom without addressing the underlying condition.
3/10/2016 6:17 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/10/2016 5:47:00 PM (view original):

I think the in season recruiting change will help with retention. I've had several friends leave after a couple seasons because they were bored during the season.
do you think they woud've been bored had they not been rebuilding.

I enjoy the regular season if I am competitive but it's attrocious during the rebuild process I don't even bother check except for every few days to see potential growth.
3/10/2016 6:57 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/10/2016 6:57:00 PM (view original):

I enjoy the regular season if I am competitive but it's attrocious during the rebuild process I don't even bother check except for every few days to see potential growth.
My rebuilding is complete next season. All sim players will be gone and its based soley on defense and work ethic. I only need some juco's so my sophomore can grow.
3/10/2016 7:48 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/10/2016 6:57:00 PM (view original):

Rebuilding is irrelevant for a new player. They're still trying figure out their *** from a hole in the ground.

My one buddy took over a team that won over 20 games. And yes he was bored because when you're just starting out, have only 1 team, the season can be boring. A brand new coach isn't going to take over a team and after a few games says "oh jeez why am I stuck with all these sim recruited players, I should be in the final four in 2 seasons if it weren't for my terrible conf mates dragging down my SOS" etc etc

The problems that vets have with the game are NOT the same as the problems that first time coaches have with the game.
3/10/2016 7:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸
Don't Fix What Isn't Broken (Following Dev Chat) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.